Cottage Cheese. WTF???? PASS ME THE BUCKET!!

Options

Replies

• elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    are you trying small curd or large? I prefer the small curd with pepper on a leaf of lettuce and tomato on the side =)
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    For me its the look, I can eat it if I don't look at it. It tastes like mozzarella cheese to me but looks like milk vomit!
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Try it with pineapples and/or blueberries/strawberries. You can even buy one with pineapples already in it. Of course, it's more sugary than cutting up your own pineapples, but it's still pretty healthy. Or, you can try it plain with a sprinkle of cinnamon and Truvia/Splenda/Equal, etc.
  • SewingLynx
    SewingLynx Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I hate it too, it's disgusting. I prefer Fat Free Greek Yogurt! If you get the Fage Total 0% (I think that's the name) it's awesome. It only has that tart yogurt taste w/o the nastiness like cottage cheese clumps. I actually mix this greek yogurt into my protein shakes! Good luck!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Just don;t eat it if you don;t like it. It can't be that much a miracle food?
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I just saw this posted on another thread this morning....This page & others on the site have so many options for proteins that you can try....

http://www.livestrong.com/article/243833-a-list-of-low-calorie-high-protein-foods/
  • giselle9938
    giselle9938 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    LOL I absolutely LOVE cottage cheese. I do understand how some people would find the texture unappealing (like my husband)... but I still love it. :-)

Same here, my dh won't go near the stuff. He won't even entertain the idea of trying it. I keep telling him he is missing out and of course he tells me I am lying. :laugh:

I don't eat it as often anymore though, sodium and all. I was kind of surprised how much was in there. Whoa!

Same Here!!! I love the "ewww" Face of my BF everytime I eat it! lol
  • regina2063
    regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    i dont like it either....it looks like my thighs...and i dont like those either:smile:
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    That crap is nasty AND it's loaded with sodium. No thank you.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I agree it's disgusting.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I love it, I eat it right out of the container...
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean, I love cottage cheese, but LOATHE beans. It's such a shame when you don't enjoy a food which is fantastically healthy.

Before writing cottage cheese off entirely, do try different sorts. I had a savoury one last week that was so repulsive that I literally spat it out.

I have been forcing myself to eat lentils and edamame beans, as I don't believe that the only things you should ever eat are things you love - food after all is fuel and not to be seen as purely a source of pleasure - while I don't dislike those as much as I once did, nothing short of life threatening starvation would make me eat baked beans.

So if you really don't enjoy it, just move on to a food that you do, and congratulate yourself for trying something new. :smile:
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    maybe a smoothie is not a bad idea.... i think the problem is it's baby-sick consistency and too sour taste. reminds me of when my babies were small... but not in a good way! :C

Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder, a tablespoon of fat free cheesecake pudding powder and a dash of vanilla extract. Not sour at all.

I hadn't thought of adding sugar free pudding mix! That's genius! I usually eat mine with a tablespoon of vanilla extract, splenda and a dash of cinnamon!

I also like it with Splenda and pineapple chunks!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese, but if you don't like it then don't eat it. There are some foods I wished I liked for the nutritional benefits but if I don't like it, nothing I can do about it.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I can't handle it straight. but have found with a little mrs. dash and some hot sauce, it's pretty good.

saw at the store yesterday dry curd, though. what the heck do you do with that??
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I am obviously doing this wrong because so many people swear by it. i tried blitzing it to a smooth paste, adding black pepper, then chilli powder..... etc etc etc.

it is truly the most disgusting thing EVER!! and i never thought i would hate anything with cheese in it's name!

little help here?

Jacket potatoes with cottage cheese as the filling, I love it. I do not blitz it into any smooth paste, just scoop it out and onto the potato.
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    About the only way i can stand cottage cheese in inside lasagna... which I only eat about once a year if that.
  • Jedi_Jewel
    Jedi_Jewel Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    LOL!! I don't know how people can eat that stuff either!! :laugh: GROSS!!!!!!
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I am obviously doing this wrong because so many people swear by it. i tried blitzing it to a smooth paste, adding black pepper, then chilli powder..... etc etc etc.

it is truly the most disgusting thing EVER!! and i never thought i would hate anything with cheese in it's name!

little help here?

OMG I LOVE cottage cheese! Can't help you here!
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I can't handle it straight. but have found with a little mrs. dash and some hot sauce, it's pretty good.

saw at the store yesterday dry curd, though. what the heck do you do with that??

Use it where you'd use ricotta. Italian dishes.