what food can you NOT give up?

Options
I was curious to know what foods you guys can and will not give up with your lifestyle change. For me, it's cheese!! I would rather give up chocolate.

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    bread
  • celeste_xo
    Options
    To be totally honest, I haven't really given anything up. I've just been eating the same things but less of it :) Unless you put pizza in front of me.. then it's all over for the day lol
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Coffee...I refuse to EVER give up coffee. But thankfully I like it black, so even if you take out all the sweet creamy stuff, I still like it!

And Mexican food...I will adapt it to make it healthier, but I could never give up my fajitas!
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Funny you said that because when I first read the topic title my thought was "CHOCOLATE" as is evident in my food diary.
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    I was curious to know what foods you guys can and will not give up with your lifestyle change. For me, it's cheese!! I would rather give up chocolate.

me too! and potatoes
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    my downfall is cheese too
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    To be totally honest, I haven't really given anything up. I've just been eating the same things but less of it :) Unless you put pizza in front of me.. then it's all over for the day lol

you read my mind
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Mine would have to be coffee with real sugar.........
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    OMG CHEESE!!!! I have cut back a great deal but I have some every morning.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm just learning to cut back on my portions, I've never tracked my calories before until I started using MFP and it really opened my eyes as to why I wasn't loosing weight in the past (I'd always think 'well it's advertised as healthy' but I'd eat way over healthy portion sizes). I'm too much of a 'foodie' too give most things up :P, please I think it also prevents me from 'splurging' if I don't have something every so often.
  • MiniatureFrenchtoast
    Options
    Chocolate.
    So I just switched to dark chocolate and eating milk chocolate in small amounts (:
  • whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    beer. oh wait, that's not a food. Well I still can't give it up :laugh:
  • JamieDeBree
    JamieDeBree Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of things I won't give up...weekly pizza night being one. Luckily, I've never been much of a candy/chocolate eater, so that stuff is pretty easy for me to stay away from.

Cheesecake, on the other hand... ;-)
  • niclagi
    niclagi Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Most definitively it is Chocolate. As anyone could see in my diary too.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    peanut butter... yum and it has to be Jif creamy
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    hmmm... I don't think I've given up anything. I've not had things at the moment, but doesn't mean I've given them up for good.
  • Nucky719
    Nucky719 Posts: 143
    Options
    Chocolate! I have handful of M&M's everyday...sometimes 2 if it fits in my calories.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Chocolate :)
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Everything. If I like it, I eat it. Schedule it into your calories. don't give up anything. it just sets you up for failure and over eating when you finally give in.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate.

It will have to be ripped out of my dead hands!