5'5 girls..what is goal weight?

Options

Replies

• Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options
    My goal weight is 130. I look spectacular at that size..not too big, not too skinny. I have 20 lbs to go!!
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    @ OP: Same goal weight as you! 125lbs which according to my height (5'5") and frame size (Medium) would be just about perfect for me since the healthy weight range for those calculations runs between 115-149. I'm at 150 now so 25 more left. But I finally fit into a size 8 and my goal size was 6 so honestly if I reach that before I hit 125 (like 130-135) I'd be happy. :) Good Luck! :D
  • smith176
    smith176 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, started at 147, currently 140, goal weight is 133.
  • txcwgrl74
    txcwgrl74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and 37 yo. My starting weight was 180lbs and am currently 170lbs. Since I work shift work and take care of my two kids both under 4 yo (my husband and I juggle our jobs to keep our kids out of daycare) there isn't a lot of time left over at the end of the day. I don't have high expectations, so I would be more than happy to be anywhere between 140-150lbs.
  • CADreaming09
    CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 1/2 (some measurers say 5'6), and I would like to ultimately be 115. But first goal is 125.
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 41/2, 56 yrs old and aiming for 155 lbs. I'm afraid if I lose too much weight my face will look wrinkled and saggy. :smile:

This made me giggle. Good luck on your journey. :drinker:
  • nroisland
    nroisland Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 cw 128 and want to be back to 120.
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm just a shade under 5'6" and my cw is between 143-145 and I'm actually quite happy there. I started out at 165 after having two kids so getting back to the low 140's was where I was at pre-babies. Originally I had wanted to get down to 135ish but I'm starting to lose my curves just a tad in the low 140's so I think I'll try to stay put. It's crazy because I'm actually at a point where its easier for me to continue to lose then to maintain without gaining. So I'm kinda struggling with trying to maintain without gaining any weight.

It is important to know how much of your body is lean muscle versus fat. I have 110 lbs of lean muscle so I could never weigh 110 and be healthy (without losing lean muscle), hence my goal weight was 135 because that put my body fat under 20%. I recommend that anyone find out how much lean muscle they have during the weight loss journey so you know what the appropriate amount of weight loss for you.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    It was 135..but now goal is a size since I gained 5 pounds since heavy weight training. My goal is to be a size 4..currently a size 6 from a high a year ago of size 14.
  • hnordtvedt
    hnordtvedt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my current weight is 133lbs. I was a size 6-8 throughout high school, but I've inched up to a size 10 in the last year or so :( I started MFP and Couch to 5k about 6 weeks ago, when I saw a number I didn't like on the scale -- 140lbs. That's the most I've ever weighed. I would like to get down to 120-125lbs by my wedding in October -- and KEEP it off!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Im 25 and 5'5". My realistic goal would be around 180lbs which I know is still high but work with me. Im eating about 1300-1450 calories a day. When/if I reach 180, depending on where Im at in life, I might keep on trying to go lower or stay at maintence. I've never been small or thin or whatever so its not that big of a deal to me. My pre-pregnancy weight was 175-180 so Id like to get back down there before Im a grandma.
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 26 years old. I'm currently 195lbs and my starting weight was 222LBs. My goal is 135lbs right now, when I get there things may change, but that's my ultimate goal right now.
  • millie_cabos
    millie_cabos Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5...
    SW: 191
    CW: 183... Goal weight is 150... Or whatever gets me into a bikini for the first time in my life!!! Don't want to lose too much... The BF will be upset if my 38D's gow away-lol! And even though my weight loss is slow it makes me feel better that slow and steady increases my chances of keeping it off!!! :) can't wait for more results!
  • Sabine321
    Sabine321 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5. I am at my goal at 145lbs.
  • erinmarie0399
    erinmarie0399 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 23, I started at 164, recently made my goal weight of 148 but not completely happy so I'm trying for 140.
  • MarissaCB39
    MarissaCB39 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 148-140. I used to weigh 124 but at that time I felt too thin
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    140. with a lot of deffinition
    size 7 junior jeans
    been there before, it looks good on me :]
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5 and my goal is 160. Ultimate goal is 150. I think if I got any smaller than that my head would be too big for my body lol
  • gerrimckendree
    Options
    I've reduced my caloric intake for at least two months, but haven't lost. What are you eating.. I'm doing a lot of the 90 calories, cereal bar, chicken, turkey... etc.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" my goal is set at 120 but I would really like to be 115. I have been that weight before and my body looks toned without losing all my curves. CW is 129 which I've been stuck at for quite some time :/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!