5'5 girls..what is goal weight?

Options

Replies

• daisysmk
    daisysmk Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 5'5' and I also have a goal weight of 125. Although I dont mind weighing more if it means muscle!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    i'm just a lil' under 5'5--my goal weight is 150
  • dbutorac
    dbutorac Posts: 120
    Options
    I am 5'3, 57 years old. My goal is to weight 139 1/2. That will mean I lost 30 lbs. I have 1/2 lb to go. After that I may lose 5 more lbs, but maybe not.
  • Rawrbyn
    Rawrbyn Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", will be 31 in June, and would like to hit 160 by then. My highest weight was 288, last May. My current weight is 198. :) I'd like to hit 188 by May 1st, so I'll have lost 100lbs in a year. :)
  • AngieJoy81
    AngieJoy81 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Wow, there are a lot of REALLY low weight goals! I'm 5'6 and my goal 160. I'm pretty curvy though. Below that, Im afraid I'd lose the parts I want to keep!
    160 is at the beginning of the overweight category for bmi at that height. I know it can depend a lot on your body composition, but I really don't think a goal weight in the 120-130 range is unreasonably low for most!

You're right. I hope I didn't sound rude... It really does depend on how you feel comfortable. I guess i needed to remember that. Good luck everyone!
  • gracie2212
    Options
    wow that is great. keep up the good work. r u doing anything else.
  • Belizeflygirl
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'5" and my goal weight is 135. I am 53 and any lighter and I don't feel well. I have already come down from 160 and I am at 141. Only a few more to go. My girlfriend is 65 and 5'5" and she is at 128 and feels great. Different for everyone.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Wow, there are a lot of REALLY low weight goals! I'm 5'6 and my goal 160. I'm pretty curvy though. Below that, Im afraid I'd lose the parts I want to keep!
    160 is at the beginning of the overweight category for bmi at that height. I know it can depend a lot on your body composition, but I really don't think a goal weight in the 120-130 range is unreasonably low for most!

We all have different frames. I am quite happy with myself in the 140-150 range. I don't want to be "skinny." At 120, I would be SKINNY. Plus, as we reach goals and/or get closer, those goals may change. Frankly, the girl who weighs 110 and wants to weigh 100 lbs concerns me a LOT more than someone whose goal is currently 160. Everyone's journey is different...
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I weighed 240 ibs after having my first baby Feb. 2009. Today I weigh 164.2 and would love to just hover around 150.0. I am a size 10/12 bottom, and medium top. ( I have little shoulders) :)

I just want to be happy, active, and healthy. :)
  • jolenemp
    jolenemp Posts: 12
    Options
    My goal weight is 140 - 145. . . .although I joined about a year ago, I haven't been very good. So I am going to try this again! :smile:
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options

We all have different frames. I am quite happy with myself in the 140-150 range. I don't want to be "skinny." At 120, I would be SKINNY. Plus, as we reach goals and/or get closer, those goals may change. Frankly, the girl who weighs 110 and wants to weigh 100 lbs concerns me a LOT more than someone whose goal is currently 160. Everyone's journey is different...
    I agree. I'm not trying to say that 160 doesn't look nice on some people, because I'm sure that it does! I just meant that it's a higher goal to be used as a benchmark when looking at other people's goals because on a lot of body types (like mine), it's a little high. She said that a lot of goals are REALLY low, but most don't go below 120 (with a few exceptions).
  • TRACYROADMAN
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my goal is to be a size 10 which for my frame would be around 155. I'm 26
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options

You're right. I hope I didn't sound rude... It really does depend on how you feel comfortable. I guess i needed to remember that. Good luck everyone!
    I don't think you sounded rude at all :) I was hoping that my comment didn't come across as rude either, because overall it really does depend on the person!
  • Stephanie2167
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and want to be 130. Currently 138 (was 135 but gained a few pounds while on vacation). I've always had a muscular shape and the last time I was in the 120 range I was probably in high school. Once I hit 130 I may reasses and see if I can get lower. Who knows?
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Also 5'5. My SW was 140. I'm hovering around 136 now, and I think my goal is 125ish. I have a really small frame,so I could probably go lower, but I look better with some curves. I'd actually be happy at a higher weight if I put on some more muscle and looked a little less fluffy/ dumpy.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

I agree. I'm not trying to say that 160 doesn't look nice on some people, because I'm sure that it does! I just meant that it's a higher goal to be used as a benchmark when looking at other people's goals because on a lot of body types (like mine), it's a little high. She said that a lot of goals are REALLY low, but most don't go below 120 (with a few exceptions).

OK. :smile: You're right, then. :flowerforyou:
  • mskarenj
    mskarenj Posts: 1
    Options
    I will be 54 next month, am 5' 4" and my goal weight is 140 - currently at 165. I have noticed in the last year it has become really difficult to maintain even that! Keeping track of my calories with the fitness pal has really helped though - at least in making me realize just what I'm eating. Have been at it for 5 weeks and no loss yet at 1200 cals a day. Looks like I'll have to drop some calories or get the bum moving more :) Good luck to everyone out there, nice to know I'm not alone. kj
  • keg619
    keg619 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm 21, and 5'5". Starting weight was 315.5, current weight is 248.6, and my goal weight is between 145 and 150.
  • TLawson225
    Options
    i'M 5/5 AND 1/2. iM CURRENTLY 163, BUT MY GOAL IS TO BE 145.
  • anthemforagirl
    Options
    I am 5'5 and my goal weight is 160lbs - provided that I still look healthy at that weight, I may push 140lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!