Haven't lost anything!?!?! :( :(

Options
What the heck!? :( Why haven't I lost anything!?!? I probably need to get my own scale for my house, but I have one at work, and I use my moms, but it don't look like I've lost anything:( I know I need to cut down on my sweets, and like I said in my diary notes yesterday, I will but I don't get it! UGH!! :,,( I need to go get some protein shake's but I don't know what else to do...:>/ or take or whatever! :(

Replies

• Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    No offense but because you're eatting nothing but crap, and NEVER skip breakfast
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure you're eating enough, and you definitely need to eat more fruit & vegetables. You must be pretty hungry most of the time!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    1st your cals are way to LOW... you need to eat a min 1200 cals... your so low most days and then the foods you are eating arn't the greatest. fruit and veggies need to be put in and eat a little lower in sodium. i see sausages and bacon...
  • viser_haut
    viser_haut Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Unless recommended/supervised by your doctor, you should be netting at LEAST 1,200 calories a day, some days you're actually netting negative calories (like yesterday) which can be dangerous for your body (which is why MFP will never set a goal below 1,200).

From your profile picture and ticker you don't have that much more to lose and the closer you are to goal the slower the pounds will come off anyway! Try upping your calories for a few weeks and see if that helps! Good luck :smile:
  • jennis82
    jennis82 Posts: 76
    Options
    Yeah I don't eat the 'greatest' just try to find protein I guess. Like, eggs and cheese are good for me, right? And yes I need more veggies. I'll start eating more or that. And no, I'm not really hungry, hardly ever. :>/ Like sometimes I'll get cravings, or smell something like popcorn and want it, but it'll go a way in a few minutes, but hunger? Nah.
    My dinner last night was good right? Only 278 cals, 9 carbs and 19 pro. And to me that was alot of food. Like I really only need 1 egg, cause after I add all my other stuff to it, it just make a lot of food. And I had a hardboiled egg mid day, and then one right before my class.
    And no, I don't eat breakfast, ever. Except on some Saturdays and it's a late breakfast. I already have to wake up and leave my house at the butt crack of dawn for work, so eating breakfast is a waste of my time, or actually I don't have time, and I'm not hungry in the morning. I have a thermos of coffee on my way to work. That's why I was thinking about getting some protein shakes, and making them and drinking it when I got to work.
    I try to only eat when truely, truely hungry, and now that I'm trying to get all my protien and stuff in, I'm eating lots more! And that just don't seem right! :(

Yeah, but to lose weight you're supposed to burn more then you consume right??
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but to lose weight you're supposed to burn more then you consume right??

Sort of.........you're supposed to eat at a caloric deficit but the number of calories you consume needs to be sufficient to meet your basic metabolic needs.

You've only got a few pounds left to lose it looks like you've plateaued because you're not eating enough and I wouldn't describe your diet as balanced.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    go to fat2fit.com or fitnessfrog.com check out your numbers and then start from there. You need to know your bmr and your tdee... once you know that you can go from there and loose the rest of your weight healthy. yes some of your meals did look good and yes eat cheese and eggs, etc for more protein. I also have a huge issue trying to get enough protein in, if i get up there with that i'm over in cals... so i understand how hard it can be. i am also looking into protein shakes to get mine up but there are so many and i heard so many arn't that tasty.... you really need to find some way to get something in the am, they say you should eat breakfast in order to help you loose weight and you should have something in you every 2-3 hrs to keep your metabolism going.... I never have time in the am either, so i make a oatmeal bake, or something like that on sunday and then i have breakfast all week. just grab my container out of the fridge and go...
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    You barely make it to 1000 calories most days....
    The closer you get to your goal weight the more you need to lower weight loss per week.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Okay a few things... Your calorie goal for each day is WAY to low - 900 is unhealthy. Next thing youmay want to start tracking your sodium because if you are eating a lot of processed foods I am sure its packed in there. Also, start getting breakfast in... That would be the perfect time to squeeze in your protein ; a YUMMY protein packed breakfast shake or a protein bar.

In conclusion: You need to up your cals (no less than 1200) eat more fruits and vegetables, possibly track your sodium or DEFINITELY increase your water intake and start adding more protein and breakfast to your diet.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Your daily goal of 900 calories is ridiculous, unhealthy and unsustainable.

EAT SOMETHING!

Also, you look beautiful and thin in your profile picture, I don't think you need to be sacrificing your health for weight loss.
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Bump to read through later
  • jennis82
    Options
    go to fat2fit.com or fitnessfrog.com check out your numbers and then start from there. You need to know your bmr and your tdee... once you know that you can go from there and loose the rest of your weight healthy. yes some of your meals did look good and yes eat cheese and eggs, etc for more protein. I also have a huge issue trying to get enough protein in, if i get up there with that i'm over in cals... so i understand how hard it can be. i am also looking into protein shakes to get mine up but there are so many and i heard so many arn't that tasty.... you really need to find some way to get something in the am, they say you should eat breakfast in order to help you loose weight and you should have something in you every 2-3 hrs to keep your metabolism going.... I never have time in the am either, so i make a oatmeal bake, or something like that on sunday and then i have breakfast all week. just grab my container out of the fridge and go...

Ok didn't find anything on fat2fit, but fitness frog says BMR is 1335 and my TDEE is 2070...so that means I 'should' eat 2070 cals a day!? Yeah right! I will be a freakin horse! This is redic, and I'm extreamly discouraged!! :,,( very upset! Don't understand it! Want to say screw it and eat a whole pizza! lol. :(
  • Tenar13
    Tenar13 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The key as I understand it is that to achieve healthy weight loss you need to eat lower than your TDEE but higher than your BMR and the difference will equal weight loss (fat rather than lean muscle mass). This will often mean slow weight loss when you have 10lbs or less to your goal but hopefully the loss will be sustainable. I found when I was undereating circa 1100 to 1200 cals a day I did not get hungry either so clearly I was missing the clues somewhere when I upped my intake to net 1300 to 1400 I started to lose again and I am about to up it again due to plateau.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Ok didn't find anything on fat2fit, but fitness frog says BMR is 1335 and my TDEE is 2070...so that means I 'should' eat 2070 cals a day!? Yeah right! I will be a freakin horse! This is redic, and I'm extreamly discouraged!! :,,( very upset! Don't understand it! Want to say screw it and eat a whole pizza! lol. :(

OK, your weight loss has stalled doing what you're doing right now so you know that's not working.

Let's have a look at the math. If your BMR is 1335 (what you need if you sped the day completely inactive) and your TDEE is 2070 (moderately active) that's only a difference of 735 cal per day to support your activities above and beyond breathing, if you averaged 3 or 400 cal per day exercising that only leaves 3/400 or so for day to day activities. (Maybe a better way to approach it for you would be to take BMR and add for activity?)
  • jennis82
    Options

OK, your weight loss has stalled doing what you're doing right now so you know that's not working.

Let's have a look at the math. If your BMR is 1335 (what you need if you sped the day completely inactive) and your TDEE is 2070 (moderately active) that's only a difference of 735 cal per day to support your activities above and beyond breathing, if you averaged 3 or 400 cal per day exercising that only leaves 3/400 or so for day to day activities. (Maybe a better way to approach it for you would be to take BMR and add for activity?)

Ok? so I add to my BMR? Still eating over 1,300 cals a day!? Then how much pro, how much carb? Thank you for helping, and I apologize if I seem like an idiot and that this isn't making sense. I don't get how eating more is going to have me lose weight:( I'm just lost...it's only 5 pounds! Heck, I lost 45 eating chocolate cake! lol. Even if I lost 5 I'd still have 'flab' and fat, so I'm trying to tone that up too....:>/
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    ::::FACEPALM:::
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    you havent lost anything because 1, you are eating waaaay too little, as the above posters have said you need to eat AT LEAST your BMR, this is net, so if you do any exercise you should eat that back too.
    2 - what you do eat is mostly processed *kitten*!
    3 - you dont need to lose any more and should focus on building muscle and lowering body fat.

The best thing you can do is set a healthy goal based on your BMR & TDEE and eat to that every day with healthy foods such as lean meat, whole grains, fruit & veg, healthy fats, dairy and plenty of water. not to say you cant eat the foods you do, but in moderation as partb of a balanced diet.
    MFP standard goals are low on protein and high on carbs, if you are working out 45c / 25p / 30f or 40c / 30p / 30F is a good place to start.

if you continue eating as you are, you will lose muscle and end up 'skinnyfat' - you will be thin but saggy which is so not a good look, and also the less muscle you have the less you need to eat to maintain it, see where this is going?!

If you switch to a healthier diet and workout (including weights) as many posters have suggested, you will be able to build muscle and tone up, so you may not lose as many pounds but you will be smaller and look way better in your clothes, also the more muscle you have the more calories you burn, so there is less chance of you regaining the weight.
    There are lots of amazing people on here who eat healthy amounts and look fabulous, eating normally does not make you look like a horse!!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    ::::FACEPALM:::

this times 1,000....

you will get great advice on how to correct this, so i will keep my obnoxious mouth shut...just trust me on this, eat more.
  • bfbooty
    bfbooty Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    you seriously need to clean up your diet really mean no offence but it's common sense if you actually look at what you are eating no veg no fruit just sugar and junk food and I agree you need to eat more cals too
  • jennis82
    Options
    you havent lost anything because 1, you are eating waaaay too little, as the above posters have said you need to eat AT LEAST your BMR, this is net, so if you do any exercise you should eat that back too.
    2 - what you do eat is mostly processed *kitten*!
    3 - you dont need to lose any more and should focus on building muscle and lowering body fat.

The best thing you can do is set a healthy goal based on your BMR & TDEE and eat to that every day with healthy foods such as lean meat, whole grains, fruit & veg, healthy fats, dairy and plenty of water. not to say you cant eat the foods you do, but in moderation as partb of a balanced diet.
    MFP standard goals are low on protein and high on carbs, if you are working out 45c / 25p / 30f or 40c / 30p / 30F is a good place to start.

if you continue eating as you are, you will lose muscle and end up 'skinnyfat' - you will be thin but saggy which is so not a good look, and also the less muscle you have the less you need to eat to maintain it, see where this is going?!

If you switch to a healthier diet and workout (including weights) as many posters have suggested, you will be able to build muscle and tone up, so you may not lose as many pounds but you will be smaller and look way better in your clothes, also the more muscle you have the more calories you burn, so there is less chance of you regaining the weight.
    There are lots of amazing people on here who eat healthy amounts and look fabulous, eating normally does not make you look like a horse!!

@ Just feeling a little overwhelmed, but thanks! :)