Haven't lost anything!?!?! :( :(

Options

Replies

• daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    What the heck!? :( Why haven't I lost anything!?!? I probably need to get my own scale for my house, but I have one at work, and I use my moms, but it don't look like I've lost anything:( I know I need to cut down on my sweets, and like I said in my diary notes yesterday, I will but I don't get it! UGH!! :,,( I need to go get some protein shake's but I don't know what else to do...:>/ or take or whatever! :(

Did you really eat less than 400 calories on Sunday? And you're not hungry? Riiiiight
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    go to fat2fit.com or fitnessfrog.com check out your numbers and then start from there. You need to know your bmr and your tdee... once you know that you can go from there and loose the rest of your weight healthy. yes some of your meals did look good and yes eat cheese and eggs, etc for more protein. I also have a huge issue trying to get enough protein in, if i get up there with that i'm over in cals... so i understand how hard it can be. i am also looking into protein shakes to get mine up but there are so many and i heard so many arn't that tasty.... you really need to find some way to get something in the am, they say you should eat breakfast in order to help you loose weight and you should have something in you every 2-3 hrs to keep your metabolism going.... I never have time in the am either, so i make a oatmeal bake, or something like that on sunday and then i have breakfast all week. just grab my container out of the fridge and go...

Ok didn't find anything on fat2fit, but fitness frog says BMR is 1335 and my TDEE is 2070...so that means I 'should' eat 2070 cals a day!? Yeah right! I will be a freakin horse! This is redic, and I'm extreamly discouraged!! :,,( very upset! Don't understand it! Want to say screw it and eat a whole pizza! lol. :(

go eat the pizza then, at least you'd be at 1200 calories for the day. Eating under 1200 calories is causing you to loose muclse as well as destroying yor body all around. You're old enough to know this by now. The best way to lose weight healthy is to EAT and exercise
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    oh the answers that I COULD give here........ I am guessing that you would not appreciate them though.......

so, yeah. Eat more. Eat less crap.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    its carbs / fat / pro.

If your BMR is 1335 thats the very minumum you should NET, ideally you should eat at a level 20% below your TDEE which would be 1656. (thats assuming the TDEE of 2070 is correct - if its the number from the chart that the actual calorie level you should eat and you need to add 20% to this to get your TDEE).

If exercise takes you below your BMR, you need to recalculate TDEE with a higher activity level, or ea back enough exercise cals to put you above BMR.

Frozen veggies are generally cheaper and last longer, even tinned is better than nothing if you cant get fresh. Have you tried making things like fruit smoothies? they are quick and healthy, and a good way to use up fruit thats getting a bit tired!
    If you have a freezer, make up extra portions of stuff like chilli, spaghetti sauce for the freezer, then you have your own healthy 'ready meals' for when you dont feel like cooking, or to take to work for lunch. Both are good recipes to add extra veggies to.
    Eating healthy doesnt mean only eating fish and salad, i eat pretty normal food, i just adapt the recipes to make them healthier, you want to set a good example for your son and teach him healthy habits :)
  • nnaples
    nnaples Posts: 2
    Options
    Here is what I recommend to my clients. 1200 on a non-exercise day. 1500 on an exercise day. Go into your settings under MY Home and set your calories at either one. Put your carb intake at 45%, protein at 35% and fat at 20%. Do not record your exercise because it will add more calories and switch the ratio. This works if you are ready to change. Good Luck!
  • erinlovewell
    Options
    I drink a LIMU Lean protein shake within 30 minutes of waking up to jump start my metabolism. When I wake up I go out to the kitchen and mix it up... Let it sit a minute to dissolve while I shower and then drink up!! It helps me meet that breakfast requirement and up calorie intake so I'm not to low. I started dropping weight quick when I started it. I have 3 kids so sitting down and having breakfast when I have to get them ready, and myself self and everyone off to school and me to work... this fits right in without losing time. :) Good Luck!
  • YvonnePtm
    YvonnePtm Posts: 28
    Options
    Perhaps it would be better to use the same scale all the time, and use it at the same time, BUT maybe only weigh yourself once a week, say Monday mornings when you get up. Also try to eat healthy food and drink lots of water and exercise. I think that this site is excellent and there is lots of support.

I am only going to weigh myself at the end of May, as then I will be able to feel and see the difference. I would be quite upset if I weighed myself everyday and not lose anything, I would definitely give up.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options

@ Just feeling a little overwhelmed, but thanks! :)

And the only thing 'processed' I eat are the Vienna's???

Ummm try also your:
    cheese
    salsa
    cheesecake
    cherry filling
    brownies
    icecream

That is all from your last day you logged.

Quit kidding yourself.
  • JakinsandPeykins
    Options
    ::::FACEPALM:::

Second that
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

Leftovers don't go bad for at least a couple days. So you could still make big HEALTHY meals and save them for the next couple days.

Seriously, this thread is a joke. People are offering you valid advice and you're just coming back with excuses and such. I don't know what you're looking for here.
  • KenziesMomma11
    KenziesMomma11 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I was waiting for somebody to say THIS!

You keep your cals low but the majority of what you are putting into your body is processed and crap! I am by no means super clean in my eating but reading your diary made me gag!

And the only thing 'processed' I eat are the Vienna's???

Ummm try also your:
    cheese
    salsa
    cheesecake
    cherry filling
    brownies
    icecream

That is all from your last day you logged.

Quit kidding yourself.
  • Cindym82
    Options
    This thread is beyond a joke....
  • greene89
    greene89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You dont really sound like you care to change your ways, Eating breakfast a waste of time are you joking ? Its not hard to grab a granola bar on the way out the door. Eat in your car.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options

It has to be. How can she be serious?
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I think it's awesome that you come in here, and want advice on what to do different, why you're not losing weight, but you're not listening to anyone. You're making excuses and justifying your stupidly bad eating habits. You don't eat breakfast because it's a waste of your time?! Really? Maybe your body thinks it's a waste of time to burn calories sonce you won't feed it, so it just stopped.

You're ridiculous.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    i feel like ive wasted my time trying to help...........:noway:
  • Cindym82
    Options

It has to be. How can she be serious?

No idea......but I'm up at 5am for work, and I eat breakfast......
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    To sum it all up:

Eat more. Your MINIMUM should be your BMR, and you should eat back your exercise calories. Or, eat about 20% less than your TDEE. You are eating SO LOW that you're losing muscle, which lowers your metabolism and makes it harder for you to lose any further weight.

Eat more of unprocessed things. Fruits. Veggies. It doesn't take a lot of effort to eat some celery or carrots with something like hummus or nut butters. Don't like to make time for breakfast, grab a granola bar, an apple, or a banana (in your case, probably all 3). Keep some trail mix or a bunch of nuts at your desk and snack on it. While you're at it, feed your 5 year old the same healthier foods that you're eating. You're setting him up for a lifetime of unhealthy eating habits if you don't teach him early about proper nutrition.

Set realistic goals. You look skinny enough, and if your weight loss goal is small, expect small losses over a longer period of time to get to where you're going.
  • jennis82
    jennis82 Posts: 76
    Options
    What the heck!? :( Why haven't I lost anything!?!? I probably need to get my own scale for my house, but I have one at work, and I use my moms, but it don't look like I've lost anything:( I know I need to cut down on my sweets, and like I said in my diary notes yesterday, I will but I don't get it! UGH!! :,,( I need to go get some protein shake's but I don't know what else to do...:>/ or take or whatever! :(

Did you really eat less than 400 calories on Sunday? And you're not hungry? Riiiiight

Yeah..I log what I eat...you'd be supprised how little your body actually needs...idk. I just know that if I start eating, I don't think I'd stop...it's an issue.
  • jennis82
    jennis82 Posts: 76
    Options
    Here is what I recommend to my clients. 1200 on a non-exercise day. 1500 on an exercise day. Go into your settings under MY Home and set your calories at either one. Put your carb intake at 45%, protein at 35% and fat at 20%. Do not record your exercise because it will add more calories and switch the ratio. This works if you are ready to change. Good Luck!

thank you:)