Haven't lost anything!?!?! :( :(

Options

Replies

• Flippiefloppies
    Options
    You dont really sound like you care to change your ways, Eating breakfast a waste of time are you joking ? Its not hard to grab a granola bar on the way out the door. Eat in your car.

Breakfast is not needed, you can eat 1 or 10 meals a day, what matters is your total caloric intake, not when you eat it.

are you freaking HIGH?

There is this things called a metabolism, you must feed it regularly in order for it to be working the way it should.

:::facepalm:::
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    You need carbs for brain function. A granola bar is not a bad thing.

Have you seen what is in granola bars?
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast when I get to work. I too am not a morning person and have over an hour commute... keep it simple, I bring instant oatmeal... just add water. Also, I have packets of raisins in my desk, 2 tbsp is one serving of fruit. Also, for protein I have whole natural almonds in my desk, 30g is about 170 calories. Just bring healthier choices to work and munch throughout the day, I find that is helping me. Can you use honey instead of sugar... that's what I do in my tea.

Baby steps, if you try and change too much too fast you won't stick with it. I was ate almost nothing but processed foods. I still have them in moderation, but I have definitely changed my habits.

And you definitely need to eat more (at least more healthy, calorie rich foods). Sounds like you are admitting that you don't eat the healthiest... that's the first step!

Good luck
  • jennis82
    jennis82 Posts: 76
    Options
    This is whats happening to me. I was not eating up to my 1200 calories each day even stupidly priding my self on the fact that I was "under" the 1200 but in the end I was doing myself a big injustice. That and the fact that I drank like 2 coke zero's each day. Im thinking the low calories and the sodiom in diet soda has held me back. I do have to say that loosening the leash on my calorie intake has not been easy psychologically. I know it may sound strange but its almost like a gateway to letting myself purge and lose control completely.

EXACTLY!! That's how I feel! Like 'Crap!! I can't eat all that!! I'll gain it back!!" And I love sweets, and hamburgers, and stuff like that. Yes I still eat sweets which I should cut down a lot, but I 'justify' it cause their homemade. Other stuff that I 'crave' or that are 'bad for you' I pretty well stay away from. But I understand what you're saying:)
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    This is whats happening to me. I was not eating up to my 1200 calories each day even stupidly priding my self on the fact that I was "under" the 1200 but in the end I was doing myself a big injustice. That and the fact that I drank like 2 coke zero's each day. Im thinking the low calories and the sodiom in diet soda has held me back. I do have to say that loosening the leash on my calorie intake has not been easy psychologically. I know it may sound strange but its almost like a gateway to letting myself purge and lose control completely.

EXACTLY!! That's how I feel! Like 'Crap!! I can't eat all that!! I'll gain it back!!" And I love sweets, and hamburgers, and stuff like that. Yes I still eat sweets which I should cut down a lot, but I 'justify' it cause their homemade. Other stuff that I 'crave' or that are 'bad for you' I pretty well stay away from. But I understand what you're saying:)

Just because it is homemade.. does not mean it is GOOD for you.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You dont really sound like you care to change your ways, Eating breakfast a waste of time are you joking ? Its not hard to grab a granola bar on the way out the door. Eat in your car.

Breakfast is not needed, you can eat 1 or 10 meals a day, what matters is your total caloric intake, not when you eat it.

are you freaking HIGH?

There is this things called a metabolism, you must feed it regularly in order for it to be working the way it should.

Regularly, yes. Which does not mean you have to eat breakfast. Your metabolism is not going to tank if you eat at 12:00 noon instead of 9:00 AM.
  • jennis82
    Options
    you could add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to your coffee instead of sugar and cream then at least you'd be getting a wee bit of breakfast and mabey an apple or banaba or something easy like that.

Good idea, I'm going to get some protein poweder as soon as I can make it to the store. Didn't think about putting it in my coffee though:)
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    i feel like ive wasted my time trying to help...........:noway:

You didn't waste your time because you helped me. Thanks!

glad i could help someone lol
  • jennis82
    Options

Just because it is homemade.. does not mean it is GOOD for you.

Yeah but at lest I know what's going in it....flour, sugar, and milk, eggs. Plus, cooking and baking is a passion of mine. And I'd be damned to spend my hard earned money on 'junk' like chocolate cake, when I can make it my self, and it's better! Taste anyways;)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

are you freaking HIGH?

actually look it up you will find many studies show that meal timing has little if nothing to do with weight loss. It may help with cravings or energy levels. And your metabolism does not get a kick start from breakfast, it actually takes days of not eating (not 8-10 hours) to slow the metabolism down at all, and even then it is only slightly.

Check out Intermittent Fasting if you want more info. I don't do this myself, I eat every 2-3 hours, but that is for energy level, not weight loss or gain.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options

are you freaking HIGH?

Regularly, yes. Which does not mean you have to eat breakfast. Your metabolism is not going to tank if you eat at 12:00 noon instead of 9:00 AM.

I am talking about the 1 meal. That is BAD advice.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options

are you freaking HIGH?

actually look it up you will find many studies show that meal timing has little if nothing to do with weight loss. It may help with cravings or energy levels. And your metabolism does not get a kick start from breakfast, it actually takes days of not eating (not 8-10 hours) to slow the metabolism down at all, and even then it is only slightly.

Check out Intermittent Fasting if you want more info. I don't do this myself, I eat every 2-3 hours, but that is for energy level, not weight loss or gain.

Again I am talking about the 1 meal, BAD advice.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

are you freaking HIGH?

why is that?

you would lose the same amount of weight eating one mean that is 1500 cals vs. 5 meals of 300 cals each, your energy may differ throughout the day, but we are talking weight loss. IF uses this approach, as do many MFPers with full on 6 packs that have read the studies and tried it out themselves. Not something I could do but some people swear by it.
  • jennis82
    Options
    i feel like ive wasted my time trying to help...........:noway:

You didn't waste your time because you helped me. Thanks!

glad i could help someone lol

lol you did me too:) I'm just going to have to re-read over everything, and get some stuff done.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    The reason that you don't get hungry is because you are not eating enough. If you don't feed a baby enough, it will eventually stop crying and just conserve energy, and that's what your body is doing. You haven't fed your hunger baby, so it is shutting down all unnecessary energy expenditures and just trying to survive on what you are giving it. When you start to eat enough, you will start to get hungry again.

How do you feel physically? Tired? Headaches? Is your body telling you that you feel well and strong right now, or not?
  • fvernita
    fvernita Posts: 1
    Options
    I am feeling you .....sweets are my down fall...hard with so many celebrations at work...had piece of cake today......1,000 cals...will think twice about it now that I know the exact number of cals...hang in there....I need to write my food down more...and drink my water.....
  • Vicky_Is_In_Glee
    Options
    Welcome to my world.
  • dsuppa1997
    Options
    Step 1. Eat More
    Step 2. Eat Healthier.
    Step 3. Lose Weight

Although honestly at your current size weighing often isnt going to be helpful, you dont have much to lose so youre better off bi weekly.
  • JackLeaMason
    JackLeaMason Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try going gluten free and eat breakfast! Two hard cooked eggs and a piece of fruit is just as easy as a snack bar if you boil the eggs ahead of time. They keep well in the fridge and cheaper too.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options

are you freaking HIGH?

why is that?

you would lose the same amount of weight eating one mean that is 1500 cals vs. 5 meals of 300 cals each, your energy may differ throughout the day, but we are talking weight loss. IF uses this approach, as do many MFPers with full on 6 packs that have read the studies and tried it out themselves. Not something I could do but some people swear by it.

Considering your body can only digest a certain amount of protein in one meal etc. Yea go ahead and eat 125 grams of protein but your body will only be able to digest a certain amount of it. The rest goes to waste. Calories are not the only thing that matter in a diet. All your other macros are just as important. Feed it all to your body in one sitting and yes some of it gets absorbed into the body, the rest goes right out the ****ter.. literally.