Drink Life In - Anyone trying Zija to shed some pounds?

Options

Replies

• lunchlady615
    Options
    I did not see where Michelle was at all pushing Zija. The question was asked and people answered. I started Zija this week and freakin love it. I do not sell it and am not promoting it.
  • mtbchk
    mtbchk Posts: 22
    Options
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do your research when taking supplements. I'm assuming Zija has changed their formulation, since the FDA just banned DMAA (geranium). That was the ingredient that was the main stimulant (in addition to caffeine) in Zija's weightloss formulation.

More importantly, however, for women to realize is that Moringa can mess with your hormones and your reproductive system. It has been used as a "natural" birth control and can potentially cause miscarriage.

"Moringa oleifera inhibits maintenance and growth of reproductive organs. In fact, in rural and tribal areas of the West Bengal province in India, the root of this plant is taken by women, especially prostitutes, as permanent contraception, and it has been shown to totally inactivate or suppress the reproductive system."

cite: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1924986/
  • _cjvh
    _cjvh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have to say, when I first started Zija I loved it... I loved the energy it gave me and the weight loss, it really helped me have the energy and focus that I needed... and then it gave me TOO much energy. I had so much energy I thought I was going to fly through the ceiling, and then my moods started to change. I firmly believe that it does affect your hormone levels, since I was doing zija and then stopped about a month or two later... after I stopped, something happened and my hormones haven't been right since. I would definitely do more research on this "miracle drink" because if it sounds too good to be true, most likely it is. I still have hopes for this Zija craze, and really do hope that it was just a coincidence that my hormones are absolutely screwed up, I've been drinking it lately just to test out this theory and so far I feel good... but we will see. :smile:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I just heard of it today. I am interested in the energy,,not weight loss (I am almost at maintain emcee wi eight, so no interest in extra help with it)
    But I have some health issues that keep my energy level really low.
    But it seems a bit too pricey. Maybe I will just have green tea to start the day along with my vitamins.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Be forewarned, this stuff like others does have benefits, but it is a typical MLM company.

MLM being Multi-Level Marketing. Just like Herbalife, Beachbody, ect. ect. They're basically pyarmid schemes that are legal. Remember that before you buy and become a 'distributer'. Moringa does have benefits, as do most of these companies, I'm not saying the product is bad. They all work in their own way, and in some cases better than other, some worse than others.

The price you pay is ridiculous, which is where the term scam gets thrown around. If it works for you, and you're happy tossing that much money away for things that can be achieved much cheaper, then do it. I just don't like seeing people hype up something to others that don't do research then spend extra, unneeded money.

:drinker: :flowerforyou: PRECISELY!
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Waste of money - like pretty much every MLM ever IMO.

I saw on Amazon a months supply was $90....thats about how much a local boxing gym is gonna charge me per month for unlimited classes and gym access.

Any of the Zija fans have links to any studies about the stuff? I always like to learn and am trying to be less cynical in general.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I must give my 2 cents. LOL I have tried this and everything under the sun with all weight gain PLUS. I started ViSalus and lost 44 pounds & 21.8 inches my first 85 days. It is a nutritious shake that gives you 23 essential minerals & vitamins. As a Certified Sports Nutritionist, this is the ONLY product I have ever recommended for clients. It has a patented tri sorb blend that carries the vitamins directly to your cells. That’s where your energy comes from…fueling your body with you need. If anyone is interested, please friend me. I would be happy to help with their regimen or answer any quesitons about ViSalus.

Probably because you are a regional director for the company. Please stop spamming.
  • Blessed2BeeAlive
    Blessed2BeeAlive Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it via a friend of mine via FB. I have yet to apply this to my healthy way of life.
  • bb79
    bb79 Posts: 1
    Options
    Zija is awesome! It has been a constant struggle in my life to stay motivated when it comes to diet and health. With in the first week I lost 6 lbs, increased my energy, and started to regain confidence that had been lost for so long that I stopped looking. The cost is nothing for what I would spend at the grocery store on unneeded junk. My fridge is now stocked with fresh produce and I drink water like crazy. They have chocolate and vanilla shakes that I drink for breakfast and tea at night. The XM energy gives me an incredible boost with no comedown for those extra long days. I’m so happy with the lifestyle change that Zija has caused in my life. :smile:
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Zija is awesome! It has been a constant struggle in my life to stay motivated when it comes to diet and health. With in the first week I lost 6 lbs, increased my energy, and started to regain confidence that had been lost for so long that I stopped looking. The cost is nothing for what I would spend at the grocery store on unneeded junk. My fridge is now stocked with fresh produce and I drink water like crazy. They have chocolate and vanilla shakes that I drink for breakfast and tea at night. The XM energy gives me an incredible boost with no comedown for those extra long days. I’m so happy with the lifestyle change that Zija has caused in my life that I became a distributor. :smile:
    i find it funny that me and my sister tried it and it didn't do squat for us. yet all these "distributers" have miracle stories.

also i heard from NUMEROUS people and many reviews on the internet that the tea give people violent diarrhea. my sister had the tea one night and she had cramps following into the next morning till afternoon.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    no but you can buy my product "ninja fat loss drink" guaranteed to lose 15 pounds in two months. just replace the magic ninja drink with two meals and eat your regular dinner! It really is that easy...please pm me for more info!

The ninja don't mess around....
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    There are no shortcuts.

If there were, we'd all be thin. Eat right, exercise your fat off.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Michelle, I agree with you 100%.clean eating along with exercise and supplementation go along way.I joined my fitness pal mainly because I love how easy it makes it to log food.

baaa you don't need clean eating and exercise..who the hell does that anymore?

Just buy the ninja drink and watch the fat melt off ...19.99 now for limited time offer...!
  • dsuzanne89
    Options
    Wow, this stuff is expensive. My aunt has just mentioned it to me and there's no way I can afford this, we barely make ends meet as it is. How do you actually afford this stuff??
  • coondoghog
    Options
    This stuff is a good supplement. I hate the way it is sold and it's expensive as crap, but it helped me eat less and that has led to me losing 80+ lbs. since January 3rd 2013. You can bash the company all you want, but their products are solid weightloss supplements.
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You are not suppose to advertise on MFP.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    You are not suppose to advertise on MFP.

This.

Eat less, move more. Simple.
  • moonlitcelt
    Options
    It is extremely expensive, but I've been using it for a little over a month now and have lost 14pounds. I recently had blood work done and have seen a tremendous difference for the better. I looked at my bank account and added up how much I used to spend in a month on stupid stuff, bad stuff, and quick fix stuff. It came up to more than the $99 I'm being asked to spend on a months supply to feel good and see my weight go down. I don't crave the things I used to. I don't drink soda's, or fried foods or even fast foods. I have heard people say oh it's simple eat less exercise more. It isn't simple. It took years to get unhealthy and loose the discipline once had. Motivation is scarce at times especially when we have negative people around us. I have tried tons of things and joined a gym. With Zija, I feel the want to be and do better. I see and feel the results and my motivation has come back to me. So say what you will, but I enjoy this feeling. My Dr. even wrote me a perscription for moringa oleifera, even if I can't use it, he believes in it's healing abilities. We are so set to buy crap that isn't good for us, drink and smoke but the one thing that could be an answer to so many things for so many people people are so negative. You can't ignore what is working. You can't ignore facts. Even John's Hopkins published a review and showed outstanding marks. Even the FDA recently approved the product for Zija. Believe or not, but remember these facts when you give in to temptation, buy that over the counter vitamin or suppliment for this or that. This "Zija", Moringa Oleifera, is one product that takes care of all those things on the shelf at GNC or CVS, and no I am not a distributor.
  • Greeneyedlady111
    Greeneyedlady111 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, it has certainly been interesting to read everyones opinions on Zija. I have been debating with myself as to whether to try it or not...price holding me back. I have been on the Primal Blueprint diet and while it is filling and tasty....I lost 10lbs right off the bat and then...splat!!! Ran into whatever wall that is that my metabolism sets up and no more weight loss. Just holding...some days it goes up again. Very frustrating plus the diet is expensive food wise. I have to say that I am buyng the protein mix and it is wonderful. It is expensive!!! $70 for a bag that will last about a month. It is very tasty though. Having said all that...I am already frustrated because of the weight loss wall which i always hit no matter what program I am trying to follow. A co-worker sells Zija. I really really want to try it and I think I'm going to. What the heck...I've tried every other diet under the sun. I will report back on how it works out.
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have started on zija and take the supemix every morning in place of mulivitamins. I love it!