Drink Life In - Anyone trying Zija to shed some pounds?

Options

Replies

• aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Dear Zija sellers and resellers,

Zija's multi-tiered marketing technique that you're "getting rich" from will most likely bite you in the end. This is the same sort of marketing done by Amway, Mary Kay and a host of other companies. It is, by definition, a pyramid scheme. While I can see you're trying really hard to sell the product you're going to run out of steam and avenues for sales. People will stop buying from you and it will crush your business. I would suggest you get out now while you're not deeply in debt to the company.

Dear everyone else,

The main active ingredient in Zija, moringa, has not been clinically tested on anything but rats.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15776678
    "We have tested the anti-inflammatory action of an aqueous extract of root in rats with weight between 120 and 160 g."

"Variable doses of 100, 200 and 300 mg kg(-1) of aqueous extract were administered orally by gavage for evaluating their hypoglycemic and antidiabetic effects on fasting blood glucose (FBG), oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) and post prandial glucose (PPG) of normal and streptozotocin (STZ) induced sub, mild and severely diabetic rats."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19473793
    "Male Albino rats were rendered diabetic by STZ (45 mg/kg, intraperitoneally)."

The human metabolism is vastly different than rats. While there are probably real benefits to the plant, it is not fully tested yet. Anyone who tells you it is has been lying to you, and probably themselves.

NOTE: Some random "broseph" or "brosephina" telling you it worked for them does not equate to your own success. Beware.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Got to page 1 and a half or so. It reminds me of automated ad bot posts, except these seem to be from real life idiots.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Dear Zija sellers and resellers,

Zija's multi-tiered marketing technique that you're "getting rich" from will most likely bite you in the end. This is the same sort of marketing done by Amway, Mary Kay and a host of other companies. It is, by definition, a pyramid scheme. While I can see you're trying really hard to sell the product you're going to run out of steam and avenues for sales. People will stop buying from you and it will crush your business. I would suggest you get out now while you're not deeply in debt to the company.

Dear everyone else,

The main active ingredient in Zija, moringa, has not been clinically tested on anything but rats.

"We have tested the anti-inflammatory action of an aqueous extract of root in rats with weight between 120 and 160 g."

"Variable doses of 100, 200 and 300 mg kg(-1) of aqueous extract were administered orally by gavage for evaluating their hypoglycemic and antidiabetic effects on fasting blood glucose (FBG), oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) and post prandial glucose (PPG) of normal and streptozotocin (STZ) induced sub, mild and severely diabetic rats."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19473793
    "Male Albino rats were rendered diabetic by STZ (45 mg/kg, intraperitoneally)."

The human metabolism is vastly different than rats. While there are probably real benefits to the plant, it is not fully tested yet. Anyone who tells you it is has been lying to you, and probably themselves.

NOTE: Some random "broseph" or "brosephina" telling you it worked for them does not equate to your own success. Beware.

UCnByuj.jpg
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Zija is awesome! It has been a constant struggle in my life to stay motivated when it comes to diet and health. With in the first week I lost 6 lbs, increased my energy, and started to regain confidence that had been lost for so long that I stopped looking. The cost is nothing for what I would spend at the grocery store on unneeded junk. My fridge is now stocked with fresh produce and I drink water like crazy. They have chocolate and vanilla shakes that I drink for breakfast and tea at night. The XM energy gives me an incredible boost with no comedown for those extra long days. I’m so happy with the lifestyle change that Zija has caused in my life that I became a distributor. :smile:
    NbET7G9.gif

d0TNqMy.jpg
  • Nagu33
    Nagu33 Posts: 1
    Options
    How did you order for the Zija products? Did you have to login or enroll yourself first? I was given the Zija tea (about 40 sachets) to try out, which I have been using and it has made a big difference to my sleep. I did sleep well before but this tea makes me sleep like a baby. Feel rested when I wake up and also it cleanses you out which is good to rid toxins. But as for weight loss I havent seen any over the past 4 weeks. Probably becos I am only using the tea.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Feel rested when I wake up and also it cleanses you out which is good to rid toxins. But as for weight loss I havent seen any over the past 4 weeks. Probably becos I am only using the tea.
    HEY6gEl.gif
    If you haven't seen any weight loss in four weeks, it's probably because you're eating at maintenance/TDEE. It has freaking absolutely nothing.. at all... whatsoever to do with some stupid tea or other product.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    12550__safe_animated_bon-bon_bonbon_artist-myminiatureequine_abandon-thread_what-quo-s-going-on-in-this-thread.gif
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, what is with the pushers in this thread?

People, read the guidelines and save me the trouble of reporting you individually!!:

14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising

a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.

b) Requests or solicitations for donations are also not allowed. This includes requesting contributions to “pooled fund” competitions, requests for votes in any venue (online contests, etc.), and even requests for charitable contributions. As you can imagine, we have a lot of people who would like to raise money for worthy causes through the site. As much as we'd like to support these causes, if we were to allow requests for donations, the forums would quickly become full of such requests which would take away from the main purpose of the forums - to support one another.

c) Posts or messages to members promoting websites that compete with MyFitnessPal are also prohibited.

OthankGod. :huh: I was waiting for the punchline and next thing I knew this thing was like 4 friggin' pages long :frown:
    I thought I stepped into the MFP Twilight Zone :laugh:
  • donyellemoniquex3
    Options
    I just started on the Zija Weight Management System 3 weeks ago and have lost almost 8 pounds and I feel great. So excited that I am not only losing weight but feel great and am losing in a way that is healthy. It is also a great business opportunity for anyone looking to make extra $. The product and management of the company are unparalleled!
    oh just go away. Seriously. Did you even read the rest of the comments here? it's a pretty split crowd. 1/3 is folks like you that are trying to sell this crap. the other 2/3 are the rest of us that don't want it.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Feel rested when I wake up and also it cleanses you out which is good to rid toxins. But as for weight loss I havent seen any over the past 4 weeks. Probably becos I am only using the tea.
    HEY6gEl.gif
    If you haven't seen any weight loss in four weeks, it's probably because you're eating at maintenance/TDEE. It has freaking absolutely nothing.. at all... whatsoever to do with some stupid tea or other product.

THERE'S the punchline I was waiting for!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: gif is hilarious!!!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    Options
    1/3 of people in this thread are fake
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Let's see, they say it looks like swamp water, but HEY! If you put it in a green bottle you hardly notice it!

Bleh. That just completely grossed me out. :embarassed: :sick:
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My experience with the product has been this:

I don't and wouldn't even consider using any of the products that have the stimulant in them. It just seems like a bad idea.

I do however use the smartmix as a nutritional supplement in lieu of over the counter vitamins and I have been happy with it. Yes, it looks like swamp water, but I am ok with that. It doesn't repeat on me like other vitamins and I have been healthy since I started taking it. I am usually the first one in a crowd to catch a cold, but this has not been the case since I started taking it in January, which is why I am happy spending the money for it. I have also tried the protein mix as a supplement to get my protein up since I am a vegetarian and have difficulty hitting the mark on some days. The taste of the product takes a while to get used to because of the Stevia, but I have found if I add cocoa to it it bitters it up a bit and makes is ok. Other protein supplements give me gas. This one doesn't. I am not using the products as "weightloss" products, but as supplements, so my expectations are different.

I wish that it wasn't a MLM product. That aspect makes me uncomfortable and makes me feel like I am being taken advantage of on some level, but the two products that I use I am pleased with so I have been staying with them.
  • barryclark148
    Options
    well i was very skeptical at first also. i got my package thru a friend and didnt do anything with it the first month, then when my next order came that i didnt know i was getting. needless to say i was p---ed. i was so mad i called zija and requested to send it back. i said well ill take the first one and give it a try. WELL after a week i was amazed at how well i felt, and how much weight i had lost. at this present date i havent made a dime 8-29-2013. i dont care because of the way i feel. i cancelled the return order. to date of 8-29-2013 i have lost 65 lbs. im currently 199. im at the lowest weight i have been in 45 years. im not really trying to diet, i wouldnt call this a diet. it is so easy. if i can do this anybody can do it.
  • thesifter
    thesifter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Whoah this is fun , random new users all up in the knowledge.
    :drinker:
    How? MLM

What? caffeine, Phenylethalamine HCl and 1,3-dimetheylpentylamine

that is all.
  • thesifter
    Options
    My experience with the product has been this:

I don't and wouldn't even consider using any of the products that have the stimulant in them. It just seems like a bad idea.

I do however use the smartmix as a nutritional supplement in lieu of over the counter vitamins and I have been happy with it. Yes, it looks like swamp water, but I am ok with that. It doesn't repeat on me like other vitamins and I have been healthy since I started taking it. I am usually the first one in a crowd to catch a cold, but this has not been the case since I started taking it in January, which is why I am happy spending the money for it. I have also tried the protein mix as a supplement to get my protein up since I am a vegetarian and have difficulty hitting the mark on some days. The taste of the product takes a while to get used to because of the Stevia, but I have found if I add cocoa to it it bitters it up a bit and makes is ok. Other protein supplements give me gas. This one doesn't. I am not using the products as "weightloss" products, but as supplements, so my expectations are different.

I wish that it wasn't a MLM product. That aspect makes me uncomfortable and makes me feel like I am being taken advantage of on some level, but the two products that I use I am pleased with so I have been staying with them.

That sounds like sense.
  • HeinekenMan
    HeinekenMan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried drinking gas? Because I'm selling it for only $6 a gallon, and everyone I know who uses it loses A LOT of weight. Most people don't lose much for the first few days. But once decomp really kicks in, weight loss is rapid.
  • thesifter
    Options
    this thread is just a little
    CRAAAZZZYYYY
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    well i was very skeptical at first also. i got my package thru a friend and didnt do anything with it the first month, then when my next order came that i didnt know i was getting. needless to say i was p---ed. i was so mad i called zija and requested to send it back. i said well ill take the first one and give it a try. WELL after a week i was amazed at how well i felt, and how much weight i had lost. at this present date i havent made a dime 8-29-2013. i dont care because of the way i feel. i cancelled the return order. to date of 8-29-2013 i have lost 65 lbs. im currently 199. im at the lowest weight i have been in 45 years. im not really trying to diet, i wouldnt call this a diet. it is so easy. if i can do this anybody can do it.

IXUO5zJ.gif
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I like that
    drink life in.