Apple shaped people (again) Please post Before and After Pix

Options

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Can't post pics right now because I'm at work, but if you go take a look at the pics on my profile, you can see before and afters. I'm VERY apple shaped in my before pic, but, as I lose weight, I am becoming more hourglass. Still a long way to go, though.

You're doing great!

Thanks! :smile: Had some setbacks due to medical issues, but have been medicated recently and I'm hoping to get back on track.
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lrdavenport23
    lrdavenport23 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bethelcheryl
    bethelcheryl Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Apple Bottom jeans, lol. I'll check those out, thanks :)
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I fit the exact definition of an apple :( it seems like the stomach and back will be the very last thing to go because even after a 30 pound loss I still have a tummy and a little back roll meanwhile everything else has evened itself out. I do however now have a defined waistline. I'm hoping after knocking back 15-20 that I will finally see what I'm looking for. Being an apple is no fun! I can't even wear jeans and a fitted shirt because I hate how the lower half of my stomach hangs over my jeans (not an attractive look)
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Here is my "apple" story...
    I joined MFP on Jan 26, 2011 starting weight was 205, but I started my journey on October 14th weighing 214. I tried (and failed) to do the 30 Day Shred starting April 17, 2011... even though I failed to complete that program it made me take a picture of myself as a "before" and take my measurements. One year after that I have made great progress!!!

My first measurements (April 17, 2011) = > My years measurements (April 18, 2012)

27' Right thigh = > 20.5' Right thigh LOST 6.5 inches!!!

26.5" Left thigh = > 20.5" Left thigh LOST 6 inches!!!

14.5" Right arm = > 11.75" Right arm LOST 2.75 inches!!!

14.75" Left arm = > 11.75" Left arm LOST 3 inches!!!

41" Natural waist* = > 31.5" Natural waist* LOST 9.5 inches!!!

47" Hips = > 41.5" Hips LOST 5.5 inches!!!

44" Belly Button = > 38" Belly Button LOST 6 inches!!!

190 pounds = > 160 pounds LOST 30 pounds!!!

* My Natural waist is the smallest part of my torso over the ribs*

2012-04-19071205-1-1.jpg
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    :O :O :O Well the frick done!!! You look amazing, you're my new motivation :D
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    :O :O :O Well the frick done!!! You look amazing, you're my new motivation :D

If that was directed at me, thanks!
  • mgaither
    mgaither Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm an apple shape. I only gain (for the most part) in my belly and back. I've lost 32 lbs and it shows in my middle. I'm 5'1.5" tall and now weigh 103. I started about 135.

lol... thanks for posting it. I couldn't get it to work.

Ah, I can't wait to get to 103 (That's my goal weight). I'm on the same journey, 5'1" and currently sitting at 115 (highest was 140). Ugh, feeling skinny-fat is the worst. I've stopped letting anyone really know my goal weight (outside of MFP), because to them, I LOOK skinny and don't weight a lot.

The curse of the apple...
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am def an apple shape skinny arms and legs and a big belly and boobs .I think you all look great I weigh 149lbs now hoping to loose another 14 and see where i am at then .
  • amynoel2004
    Options
    I have always been apple shaped! Before I knew what that term meant, I made up my own term for it....i called it "Humpty Dumpty Syndrome" LOL.....egg shaped with skinny arms and legs! It's my cross to bear in life....UGH! My weight has been all over the scale....as low as 185 and as high as 335 recently....despite my number, my waist and back always seem to be the largest parts of my body.
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I am also an apple. (mad at that) but from my research here on MFP, I have notice that strenght training plays a major factor at taking off belly fat or any fat for that matter. Which is a shocker for me cause I have always been in a CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO state of mind. I already have board shoulders so the last thing I wanted to do was pump some iron and get bigger. But I see now that it is still needed. I just started kettle bell traing this week, so hopefully i will soon be able to post some success pictures.
    OMG, strength training is the key. I recently found out that straight cardio alone DOES NOT BURN FAT! I was mad at that. It will help health wise (heart, lower cholesterol, etc) and it will shrink you...but the same rolls you had before are the rolls you will have.....or you will be a SKINNY FAT person. when you strength train you incorporate cardio along with weights ....its a doubly whammy.....I also lift. Us women have the misconception of lifting and strength training....but is will shift our bodies and build lean muscle...not bulk us. I would love for you to report back how your new training is going.
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • bethelcheryl
    bethelcheryl Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Here's a pic of my current apple.

IMG_1292editededited.jpg
  • striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m2kq5mls8K1qhcb6mo1_500.png
    tumblr_m2kq5mls8K1qhcb6mo2_r3_500.png
  • meagangoss
    Options
    bump. i too am an apple. but have no after pics because im just starting my weight loss goal.
  • diamondclear
    diamondclear Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump. i too am an apple. but have no after pics because im just starting my weight loss goal.

Haha same here ! But I'd love to see more before and after pics of apple shaped women! Actually makes me try more :)
  • Iamjulez
    Iamjulez Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Always thought of myself as a pear shaped, until reading this... now I'm obviously NOT a pear lol but an apple... Thanks for clearing that up for me...

I'm 215 5'9 with a goal weight of 140 (or lower once I get there) I'm mostly concerned about tone at that point! I have been on here for 10 days, but haven't lost a single pound. I have a feeling I'm going to have to start pumping iron!

I have before pictures but I haven't loaded them onto my computer yet.. hopefully this post will stay alive until I can! Not that they are in anyway motivational at this point!
  • ahatcher0905
    Options
    Bump
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m2kq5mls8K1qhcb6mo1_500.png
    tumblr_m2kq5mls8K1qhcb6mo2_r3_500.png

WOW! Right now I still look like your top picture (well sort of same shape, but bigger since I still weight a bit more than your starting weight). You second picture is what I want to look like! You look fantastic! Just out of curiousity, when you dropped all that weight, were you able to tone the skin in your stomach region? Mine already looks horrible, and I am not even halfway there yet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!