what do you reward yourself after losing weight?

Options
Okay, so I have heard some people saying "when I lose 10 lbs I will go out to drink to reward myself." I have been giving myself short goeals of 10 lbs but I have chosen to buy myself something small, like a new lipstick or some earrings. Something to keep me going. I have not bought any clothes as I am waiting to go down at least 20 more. I find it to be a motivating factor.

What do you reward yourself with?

Replies

• charlottey22
    charlottey22 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    this may be odd, but i like buying new gym gear.... helps keep me motivated too like "got my new running tights.....im going gym!" x
  • jcomley1
    jcomley1 Posts: 133
    Options
    I will go out for one meal and order anything I want- guilt free. :-)
  • Dragonfly7701
    Options
    New gym clothes are a great motivation for me also! That is not weird it is an awesome way to see the prgress. :)
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I also purchase small things like a CD, lip gloss, new workout dvd, etc. I never use food or drinks as a reward though. Seems counter-productive.
  • Ginny_Hami
    Options
    ive given myself a goal of 17 lbs to loose....every pound i loose is 2 dollars and every workout i do is 1 dollar...so 34 dollars from the pounds and if i work out 5 times a week...that is another 5 dollars...when ive reached my goal...i should have just over 100.00 to spend on gym cloth for sure ;)
  • jbaker436
    jbaker436 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Mani or pedi or both, new workout tunes on my iPod, etc. Not food for me. When I was losing weight a couple of years ago (~50 lbs.), I liked going to Goodwill/used clothing stores and buying clothes there since I could afford to buy "in-between" clothing and it was fun to see the sizes get smaller!! It worked well for me...
  • lynus85
    lynus85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    up to this point its been gym gear.. new running tights, shoes etc. When I hit 100lbs ( hopefully by july 1st) I was planning on getting an outfit from lululemon. I never reward myself with food, im not a dog ahaha
  • charlottey22
    charlottey22 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    New gym clothes are a great motivation for me also! That is not weird it is an awesome way to see the prgress. :)

gonna get some next pay day :happy: x
  • Tajdancer
    Tajdancer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Super Chinese Buffet!
  • Dragonfly7701
    Options
    I see that gym clothes are on th etop of the list. I personally don't use food because I feel I worked so hard to lose it that giving myself the permision to eat without controling my portions or calorie intake just seems like sabotage. But everyone is entiled to their own system of rewards. My friend at work got herself a coach purse after losing 40 pounds. I think that is a great reward after a big weight loss.
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    i agree with the food. i have learned that that is not the right reward for me. so when i hit a goal i too like to treat myself to a new shirt or pair of jeans that fit right.
  • 0AmyMarie0
    0AmyMarie0 Posts: 315
    Options
    SHOES! I am your typical shoe addicted woman, and they will continue to fit even as I lose more weight.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    ...clothes that fit...I don't reward with food..cause food is part of every day life. I eat a bit different on the weekends since the whole family is home..but I don't "splurge".. mind you..I ate what everyone else did on Easter..and of course will at what I want on Mothers day..but those are special occasions..

Fitting foods in as an everyday thing helps with the binging..
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I end up buying myself gear as rewards. Dumbells, new workout clothes. Sometimes it's a mani pedi and I have bought some clothes but I earned them/ needed them since my pants were too baggy it got to the point where I felt crappy wearing them.
  • Dragonfly7701
    Options
    SHOES! I am your typical shoe addicted woman, and they will continue to fit even as I lose more weight.

OMG!!! How did I forget shoes, yes I also like shoes. I will get myself really nice ones when I lose another 10lbs. (also a shoe addict LOL)
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    for me it is important that I see myself as beautiful so I go out shopping for new and pretty underwear, then I wear them all day around the house.
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of a 'fitness savings account' haha that one of the girls had...two dollars per pound and a dollar per workout! Sounds like a great idea, I think I'll make a cute little jar and leave it sitting out where I have to stare at it and the money inside LOL. New workout clothes, or maybe new running shoes, shoot if I'm getting crazy here maybe a new bikini for summer!
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I just got a new pair of running shoes for getting under 200. When I get to 175 (current goal weight, Ill see how I feel when I get there) am doing a boudoir photo shoot. I don't typically reward for every 5 or 10 lbs lost.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Some pretty good ideas I've seen on here is : for every 1lb or 2 you can put some money aside for a new outfit after you've lost all the weight you want. Another was for every 1-2 lbs buy a bead or charm for a bracelet or necklace and you'll have a new piece of jewelry when you've lost all the weight!

If you have a particular outfit in mind, you may reward yourself with shoes that would match when you hit a small goal.

I know I bought a 4pc place setting to set out on my table for every day decor when I lost my weight...kindof weird but it was something I wanted!
  • sphenisciforme
    Options
    I treat myself to accessories: scarves, inexpensive fashion jewellery, that kind of thing - things that will still fit, whatever size I end up at. (During the course of my diet, I've dropped half a shoe size so far, so I'll need to wait until the end to replace those)