what do you reward yourself after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I treat myself to more intense exercise
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have rewards set for every 5 pounds. It's very motivating for me to dangle a shiny carrot in front of myself.
  • jesscarows
    jesscarows Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I plan to get a side tattoo once I lose all the weight and can maintain it.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of a 'fitness savings account' haha that one of the girls had...two dollars per pound and a dollar per workout! Sounds like a great idea, I think I'll make a cute little jar and leave it sitting out where I have to stare at it and the money inside LOL. New workout clothes, or maybe new running shoes, shoot if I'm getting crazy here maybe a new bikini for summer!

^ Yes!!! SO EXCITED!!
  • bonthomas85
    Options
    every 10lb i put money towards a new piercing or tattoo :)
  • 9tattoos
    9tattoos Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What I do, is for the first 10 lbs, its $5 for every pound, then 11-20 lbs its $10. By the time I am done losing what I have to lose, I will have enough money for a makeover. I think this is a very good reward for such a big accomplishment.
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    <
    A new tattoo! That was my I just left my husband then dropped 10 pounds reward!

Goal weight is easy - new wardrobe.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I treated myself to a new pair of running shoes this weekend. Now I am done spending until I get to my goal and then I would like to buy my first bikini. I would say clothes, but I have a whole nother wardrobe that is too small so once I lose the wait i will have plenty of clothes.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is actually helping me with this. He has no weight at all to lose, so it's his way of actively supporting me!

5lbs - New video game (my favorite!! )
    10lbs - Date Night
    20lbs - An entire Saturday with him (that's his friend time)
    30lbs - Overnight Hotel stay (the beds are fantastic!)
    40lbs - Shopping Spree!
    50lbs - Weekend getaway

Now that I think about it... I'm pretty lucky to have him around! :bigsmile:
  • karenmast2
    karenmast2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A total make over with highlights and maybe a perm!!!! of course i will need a new outfit, shoes and jewlery to go with it!!!! I've got 23 pounds to go to hit my goal of 110 lbs gone forever!!!!!
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I treat myself to nothing. I'm pretty hard on myself and usually feel I could be doing a lot more. I wish I kicked more butt and could reward myself lol.
  • challengeaccepted
    Options
    To reward myself I've decided to go with rewards that are things that I can have for weeks and keep reminding myself why I have that. For example:
    My first reward was once I got to 175lbs. (this past week) I got a hair cut. Every time I style my hair to go out I remember I have lost 20lbs and it even helps me feel awesome as I walk out the door.

My next goal is by June 30th, I want to be at 165lbs. For this reward I'm getting a Lancome foundation (here's the link for the ladies: http://www.lancome-usa.com/Teint-Idole-Ultra-24H/1000554,default,pd.html). I am really looking forward to this :D

Once I get to 144lbs (pre-pregnancy weight) I get to have a $100$ make-up shopping spree courtesy of my Husband :D

The goal after that will be 129, but we haven't decided on a reward for that yet.
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I come from a big family and have 3 brothers who are all still in school... they dont understand diets really, they all got me an Easter Egg each, bless them! So after a Zumba session I usually have a bit of the egg to up my calories as I am usually netting quite low on those days and need to keep my calories up. I had only just gotten rid of the Xmas chocolate the same way goddammit!!

This might sound a bit sad but I dont actually reward myself for specific weighloss itself, seeing my weight go down on the scale and my clothes feel looser is reward enough for me! However I am reasonably new to this and once the novelty has worn off I do plan to introduce little rewards, like a new lipstick or necklace, but probably mostly new clothes!
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    New workout stuff...
  • LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    When I lose more weight I reward myself by losing more weight.

If I lose enough to where I need new clothes then I don't see new clothes as a reward. So for me the best thing to do is keep going. :)

Now if I make my big goal then there will be a tattoo in the future for that one. But I have plenty of time to plan my tattoo to perfection :)
  • tananichelle
    tananichelle Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have to fight pretty hard to not make food my reward... :ohwell:

Old habits die hard.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I do something girly for myself every 5 pounds (pedi, hairdo, etc.) It takes me a long time to lose 5 pounds, so it's not as loose as one would think.
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I reward myself each stone. Last two have been clothes in smaller sizes, this one I'm thinking of a personal training session at the gym to try and get over my dislike of weights....
  • milkandtea
    milkandtea Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I buy myself a little gift for every 20 pounds I lose. I bought a bottle of perfume I had been wanting for the first 20 and I'm thinking about a pair of shoes when I hit 40. It's a nice little motivator. :)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I reward myself every week for sticking with my workout schedule: manicure, pedicure, massage, new item of makeup, piece of clothing, songs on itunes for my ipod, haircut, highlights.
    I get groupons for things and try to keep the cost at $20 per week.