Why you need to do full squats

Options

Replies

• Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    its the truth. you can start with just the bar, but you wouldnt because youd have to lift less. you have to lift less with a front squat anyway.
  • chairmanmoo
    Options
    I tried full squats today & had to cut my reps in half but I did it!

half reps get half results. a full squat of 315 is more impressive than a 90 degree stop of 500! ive done both and the 315 is a LOT harder.

on what planet do you gain 185lbs on your squat by reducing your rom 2-3 inches? do you just have terrible form/quad dominance? also is that you deadlifting a bunch of bumper plates in your sig? :)
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    ive got a separated right shoulder and torn labrum in my left. i still front squat. drop your ego and start at a lighter weight.

Is there a reason you need to turn everything into an argument? Nobody needs to front squat in addition to back squats unless they're looking to improve Olympic lifts.
  • Testosterone
    Options

half reps get half results. a full squat of 315 is more impressive than a 90 degree stop of 500! ive done both and the 315 is a LOT harder.

on what planet do you gain 185lbs on your squat by reducing your rom 2-3 inches? do you just have terrible form/quad dominance? also is that you deadlifting a bunch of bumper plates in your sig? :)
    try 6 inches, with a stop at the bottom. they are bumper plates and pig iron. its 555 lbs. go ahead and insult my form and leg strength some more, im enjoying the laughs.
  • Testosterone
    Options
    ive got a separated right shoulder and torn labrum in my left. i still front squat. drop your ego and start at a lighter weight.

Is there a reason you need to turn everything into an argument? Nobody needs to front squat in addition to back squats unless they're looking to improve Olympic lifts.

its not a difficult exercise to learn. it takes 30 minutes. all im doing is pointing out where excuses are being made. ankle flexion is an issue with deep squats, but if the issue is standing upright, a full squat that causes someone to remain upright is going to help them.
  • chairmanmoo
    Options
    sounds like an excuse to me.

Don't get mad man, this guy probably saw somebody who squatted more than he did and the only thing he could say was that his was deeper. So he went home and started a thread.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

Nobody needs to front squat in addition to back squats

Agreed.
  • chairmanmoo
    Options

try 6 inches, with a stop at the bottom. they are bumper plates and pig iron. its 555 lbs. go ahead and insult my form and leg strength some more, im enjoying the laughs.

bars not really bending much for 500+ brah :O and those look like 20kg bumpers
  • chairmanmoo
    Options
    also your knee is falling in, and your grip is too wide. gotta clean that form up man. lower the weight, leave the ego at the door and do a weight you can hit without letting your knee(s) fall inside. then again im probably being too harsh, its not like its locked out in the pic(or even off the floor?) probably still setting up in the photo?
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

You're really a stupid *kitten*.

Don't get mad man, this guy probably saw somebody who squatted more than he did and the only thing he could say was that his was deeper. So he went home and started a thread.

He just thinks he's so awesome and has to put down people who, from what I read, are often beginners and haven't reached a certain technical ability with lifting. Just because he has maybe 100lbs more than some people on here doesn't make him awesome. Post those numbers in a real powerlifting thread / site and he'd get laughed at.
  • Testosterone
    Options

You're really a stupid *kitten*.

wannabe power lifter, eh?

got a pic of you pulling these numbers??
    yalp.jpg
  • Testosterone
    Options

bars not really bending much for 500+ brah :O and those look like 20kg bumpers

the bars dont actually bend that much, brah. ive done the lifting. id know.
  • chairmanmoo
    Options
    those... are bumper plates, they could be as low as 10kg, but probably 20kg, and um... the bars not bending man :(

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/photos/view/11462541 also lol is that you in planet fitness?
  • Testosterone
    Options
    also your knee is falling in, and your grip is too wide. gotta clean that form up man. lower the weight, leave the ego at the door and do a weight you can hit without letting your knee(s) fall inside. then again im probably being too harsh, its not like its locked out in the pic(or even off the floor?) probably still setting up in the photo?
    thumb out from the hip is how you grip. post a pic of you hitting some high numbers.
  • chairmanmoo
    Options
    http://www.illpumpyouup.com/articles/images/deadbig.gif little over six, lots of bending brah
  • Testosterone
    Options
    those... are bumper plates, they could be as low as 10kg, but probably 20kg, and um... the bars not bending man :(

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/photos/view/11462541 also lol is that you in planet fitness?
    maybe you should look at what a 45 lb bumper plate looks like again. notice the two pig iron plates on it as well.
    in fact you can see another 25 on the outside at the left of the picture. theres one to match on the right.

its ok, you can be upset that my light weight chest day is more than your heavy day.
  • Testosterone
    Options
    http://www.illpumpyouup.com/articles/images/deadbig.gif little over six, lots of bending brah

and this is supposed to prove what? that you cant do this stuff yourself? oh ok. cool. thanks for informing me.
  • Testosterone
    Options
    a gym is a gym. the only thing that one lacks is heavy enough dumb bells. whats in business is where im going to train.
    again, how about some pictures of your amazing lifts?
  • Testosterone
    Options
    oh, youd have to have some.
  • chairmanmoo
    Options
    i dont.. take pictures of myself ... lifting weights man.. lol. i do compete though. 1890 total in the apf. isnt my e-peen so big, but tell you what. tomorrow i'll go to my gym and load up a bunch of 10kg bumper plates and lock out a super impressive looking deadlift and post the pics on here.