What is your WHY??

Options
1235»

Replies

• dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    lol I can so relate to many of you!! Except for being hot... that probably isn't in my future although I had my moment before I had 4 kids!!
    Don't rule yourself out of being hot - you're way too young to think you're past that, Mom or not!!! :flowerforyou:

My why - to improve my health and fitness level. MFP has a great food database and even better people and forums!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    cuz I love my bikini collection more than I love actual clothing...and I spend more on bikinis than I do actual clothing....by ALOT. so I better be able to rock the hell out of these things ...on any given day! thanks MFP! :)
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    My first thought when reading the title only was: Why do skydivers wear helmets?

After reading the text, my answer clearly changed. I'm here because I chose to be. Due to a history of heart disease in my family, my doctor wants me to keep track of what I eat. However, shortly after my visit, he told me I'm healthy as can be. No high cholesterol, no high sugar count, nothing wrong and all my blood levels are perfect.

Nonetheless, I'm here to stay. I enjoy tracking my eating habits. It's kept me from overeating and in the process, encouraged me to exercise again...which is nice.
  • lacensuch
    lacensuch Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm here because I'm tired of hearing my jeans talking to me by saying swish swish swish every time I walk.

No seriously, I'm approaching 60 and I want to live way longer than that. It was sad when i realized that my parents who are at 80 years young are much healthier than me.

I did lose a lot of weight about 6 years ago but gained much of it back. I did it before my writing down everything that I ate. It's nice to have a program on my iphone, ipad and computer to do the same thing. I do believe that is what helped me be successful last time. I'm finding it harder to lose this time, but I'm not going to give up.
  • moeviegrl
    moeviegrl Posts: 52
    Options
    My first thought when reading the title only was: Why do skydivers wear helmets?

After reading the text, my answer clearly changed. I'm here because I chose to be. Due to a history of heart disease in my family, my doctor wants me to keep track of what I eat. However, shortly after my visit, he told me I'm healthy as can be. No high cholesterol, no high sugar count, nothing wrong and all my blood levels are perfect.

Nonetheless, I'm here to stay. I enjoy tracking my eating habits. It's kept me from overeating and in the process, encouraged me to exercise again...which is nice.

That is a very moving story. It makes me wonder...what would have happened a few years ago if my doctor had told me to write down the food I ate? Maybe I would have been spared a few very unhappy and overweight years that's what!

As for how I came to be here, it's a little bit of a long story so bare with me. A really great friend, Mike, mentioned how he lost his weight (by tracking his calorie intake) and offering to help me figure out how to do it too. So, he figured out from my height and weight I should be eating under 2,000 calories. Which was something NO ONE had ever told me before. Everyone else, including doctors, told me I was overweight and needed to lose weight and would suggest one diet after another, which always failed after a few weeks because DIETS DON'T WORK! LIFESTYLE CHANGES DO!! After 2 wks of handwriting every calorie I ate (no record of exercise even though I did increase my exercise level at Mike's suggestion), I began to think...there must be an easier way. I was searching for how to create an excel spreadsheet to track calories and found a thread in which someone had asked the same question. The answer he got was "Why would you use excel when you can use myfitnesspal.com? It tracks calories, exercise, and all the nutritional values for you." After reading almost the exact same answer from several people, I looked it up and boy am I lucky I did! I love this place. Tracking is so much easier, everyone is so supportive and I absolutely LOVE the forums. So I am here to stay!!