Greatest concert/play/live performance you ever saw?

Options

Replies

• jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Ice.................jk haha.....I would have to say Metallica...seen them 5 times and enjoyed every time

So jealous of this...
    I will have to say Kid Rock, best concert I've ever been to! He is awesome!

I saw Kid Rock at the Electric Factory and it was tremendous. He had fire, hot topless chicks and great music.
  • mamabear272
    mamabear272 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've seen Kid Rock 4 times in Detroit (we live in Toledo) and it's an awesome show! He always has to add extra dates.
  • briteyes1002
    briteyes1002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Rod Stewart.. saw him twice and his concerts were amazing!
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Recently it was Blake Shelton in October of 2011. He was amazing. And worth the wait (it took me forever to see him live).

But the other show that sticks out in my mind is Roger Waters in August of 1999. That show changed my life forever.
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    Greatest music concerts,Joan Jett and the Blackhearts at Stubbs in Austin,Kiss in Austin and Janet Jackson in Austin.
    Greatest comedy concerts,George Lopez in Cedar Park,Jerry Seinfeld in Las Vegas and Carlos Mencia in Austin.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Tragically hip in 2009. I'm seeing them again with sam roberts and current swell in july. Cake was amazing as well.
  • Jules0336
    Jules0336 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Pearl Jam - can't break it down to a specific concert. They are all amazing!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    My favorite band live is the Counting Crows, I have seen them several times starting when they opened for Cracker on their first tour in the early 90's and the last time I saw them was about 1 1/2 years ago, their show is intense and emotional....I have always loved it, however the best show I ever saw was Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band on the Born In The USA tour in Chicago at Soldier Field...August 9, 1985. They played for over 4 hours.....

Very good live band, saw them about ten years ago
  • thebigcb
    Options
    Did someone say Hendirx. That would have been amazing. Had a ticket to see Nirvana play in Dublin, the show that never was, still have the ticket mind you.

Was only thinking this morning how much I'd love to see The Clash, The Pistols play live.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Not a big concert person, but I've seen three Broadway shows: Chicago, Legally Blonde, and Wicked. I loved all three, but I'm really happy I was able to see Legally Blonde because it was just months before it closed and I saw it right before the original Elle left the show. :)
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Several phenomenal concerts were the Stones, Tim McGraw & Faith Hill, bruce Sprinstein, Grateful Dead, Simon and Garfunkel reunion very best, Crosby, Stills, and Nash, and one of the many Elton John-Billy Joel concerts I've been to. Very worst was Brittney Spears concert on her downward spiral. Probably forgetting a couple of the best as we've been to many live concerts. :heart:
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    janis joplin with big brother and the holding company at the electric factory in philly in 1968 - up close and personal

jimi hendrix at the spectrum in philly in 1969 - greatest axe man ever imo

dead and gone but their legends live on

WOW!!! That's all I can say to that. WOW!!!

Beyond Envious!
  • lururu
    lururu Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hairspray in the Millenium centre in Cardiff starring Micheal Ball. I went with my best friend and we had an amazing time, it was such a fun and interactive experience, the cast seemed to really enjoy it too :)

Second to that I would put Video Games Live in Cardiff, that was a great nerdfest and really enjoyable!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    1. Robbie Williams in México City
    2. U2 in San Diego
    3. and this mexican singer Luis Miguel also in San Diego
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    a short acoustic set by christian artist shawn mcdonald inside of a berean bookstore. he is so talented, and his voice was so rich and pure.
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I saw so many bands in the early 70's - 90's that were the best in their own way. Joe Walsh, Joe Cocker, Jethro Tull, The Eagles, Elton John, Aerosmith, Seals & Crofts, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Black Oak Arkansas, Grand Funk, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Boston, David Bowie, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Alice Cooper, Emerson, Lake & Palmer. Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, ZZ Top, BTO, Blue Oyster Cult, Johnny Winter, Eric clapton, Cream, Doobie Brothers, The Commidores, Edgar Winters Group, ELO, Yes, Marshall Tucker, and the Moody Blues... The list goes on and on!

I hae so many awesome memories of the concerts I have been to back in the days of "festival Seating". I still listen to allot of their music. Shows my age but I am ok with that!
  • claireyf12
    claireyf12 Posts: 106
    Options
    Take That progress tour, Manchester City Football Ground, 6th June 2010- AMAZING!!!! <3
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Rob Zombie/Godsmack /Shinedown 06'

Godsmack headlined, but Rob Zombie stole the show!!!
  • shayshay_23
    shayshay_23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What would you consider the best live show you ever attended?

I saw the Stones in 1989 at the first show of the Steel Wheels Tour at Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia.
    I recently saw Muse and they were phenominal.
    But last month I was in the second row for The Black Keys. It's hard to say that The Black Keys could even compare to the Stones but the experience was tremendous. Maybe because I shared it with my 2 teenage boys.

BlackKeys.jpg

I am extremely jealous, I've been dying to see them for years but it never seems to work out, I love them!
    Best live show I've seen was a free mini concert by Coldplay for Jimmy Kimmel Live. It may have been five or six songs, but they were amazing
  • thebigcb
    Options
    Yeah, Coldplay are much better live than they sound on the radio. Worth going to see.