Greatest concert/play/live performance you ever saw?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• crise40g
    crise40g Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen too many but the most memorable and craziest for me was watching Mudvayne at The Palms in Vegas.
  • yeowiepower
    yeowiepower Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    fatboy slim - main stage good vibrations festival 2008... blew my mind...
  • Rodgers2008
    Options
    Josh Turner in the summer of 2011!He's so sexy!
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Big Country...with the late great Stuart Adamson...Lancaster University 1985.

Guns N Roses, Wembley Stadium 1991 ( i think)
  • scottywor
    scottywor Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    FLOYD
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    KISS- 9/11/10 DTE Energy Theater, MI
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Loads. I used to go to the Holidays in the Sun/Wasted/whatever they're called now festivals. Every time I would go to watch The Adicts and MDC, amazing bands, amazing shows and I was excited that I got to see T.S.O.L.

On top of that Alice Cooper, Pulp and I know it's cheesy but Bjorn Again was good fun.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I've seen so many concerts/shows that it's hard to pin down - different ones were great for different reasons
    U2 - Unforgettable Fire Tour at the old Spectrum in Philadelphia- very simple stage/lighting. Just the boys playing their hearts out. Ended the show with '40' and it seemed the whole crowd filed out and were still singing the song throughout the mezzanine.
    Springsteen at Veteran's Stadium - Born in the USA tour. Springsteen is a great show anytime
    Sting at Radio City Music Hall on his first solo tour (Dream of the Blue Turtles) - he had the most amazing group of musicians on stage.
    Rush on Snakes & Arrows tour from first row in Philadelphia
    Rush on Time Machine Tour - seeing them play Moving Pictures live from start to finish was amazing.
    Best show - probably either Lion King on Broadway or Cirque du Soleil "O" at the Bellagio in Vegas
  • dany_m
    dany_m Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The Chieftains in 2005.

I would looooove to see Depeche Mode live, but they never come our way. One of the drawbacks of living at the end of the world (New Zealand)... Also Pearl Jam would be fantastic.
  • PlaySchool
    PlaySchool Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Placebo
    Coldplay
  • amyy010
    amyy010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Mcfly! only 2 weeks ago! the ringing in my ears lasted for days but it was worth it!!
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    The Weakerthans (Canadian band)
    Live in Toronto, outside in minus 30 degree weather- totally amazing!
  • rieltbo
    rieltbo Posts: 7
    Options
    I get mocked beyond belief when I admit this to people. First, a little background.

I love music, especially live, so I've seen a variety of different music genre in concert. Aerosmith, Moody Blues, Michael W. Smith, The Eagles (when they did the inauguration concert at the American Airlines Center), NKOTB with BSB, Bon Jovi, They Might Be Giants, Neil Diamond. Grew up in New York City, and frequented Broadway a lot when I was a kid. Les Miserables, Cats, Beauty and the Beast, Phantom of the Opera, Man of La Mancha.

Loved them all! Except for Michael W. Smith. Hubby and I walked out in the middle of that one. But the absolute, by far, greatest concert I've ever been to was...

George Michael. No question, without a doubt. It was about 4 years ago, and he moved around the stage just like he did back in his Wham! days. Voice was amazing. The energy in that arena was incredible. He was on our list of "acts we want to see no matter what the cost". Very expensive tickets and worth every penny!

Go ahead, mock me if you must.

George Michael is amazing!!! seen him live 4 times and will be the 5th in september front row!!!! i so cant wait
    Avenged Sevenfold is probably my favorite!!! Seen them 3 times and they blew my mind those three times!!
  • adamlb
    adamlb Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Michael Jackson on the Dangerous Tour, in Leeds in 1992. Absolutely jaw-dropping.
  • BodyPumpDaveInFL
    BodyPumpDaveInFL Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Vote for change final night in DC:

Dixie Chicks, Bonnie Raitt, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Dave Matthews Band, Jackson Browne, James Taylor, John Fogerty, John Mellencamp, Jurassic 5, Keb' Mo', Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds, Pearl Jam, and R.E.M

Played together and apart for hours
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Rage Against the Machine and Wu Tang Clan!!!! It was the craziest mosh pit I've ever seen...outside, raining, mud, craziness. Also U2 right after 911. They held such a beautiful tribute to the victims and it was just an amazing concert altogether.
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hmmm ... kind of a tossup, but I'll pick...

Boston, Van Halen, and Black Sabbath at Anaheim Stadium in 1978.

A close second was The Charlie Daniels Band, The Eurythmics, and Spinal Tap, during Seattle's Bumbershoot, 1984
  • andyswift
    andyswift Posts: 17
    Options
    Easy...Michael Bublé last year in Birmingham, UK
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Queens of the Stone Age in 2008. I took this picture with only 2x optical zoom, that's how close I was to the stage. Several people tried to climb over me, but it was worth it lol.

k16p9l.jpg