Am I the only one over 300 pounds?

Options

Replies

• k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I started at 300, and am currently at 270 :)
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    When I started, the highest weight I've seen on a scale was 327 lbs. I also went to the dr. once before that and wouldn't look but overheard a nurse say "349".... so, nope, not the only one :)
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    There are plenty over that weight on here. I hope to be out of that category soon though!!. friend me though :)
  • SeeDRun
    SeeDRun Posts: 12
    Options
    You are far from the only one. When I started working at this I was 390. I am still over 300 at 330, but I feel amazing now and it gets better every day.
  • boswellheather
    boswellheather Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I weigh 342 lbs… in the last month I have lost 9 lbs. It can be hard when it seems like everyone is smaller than me. The hardest part for me has been getting out and excercising.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Just wondering if I am the only one here that is over 300 pounds in the united states. I am here wanting to lose weight. Wanting to get fit and to be a healthier, better person. Needing more motivation and inspiration. If you want to help me or work with me on this goal feel free to add me please! :-)

I started at 308. You are definitely not alone!! Feel free to add me!
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    For the record, I have always felt like I'm the only one, the fattest person in the room, uggg. Not gonna be anymore! And yes lots of people have been there and are there and will lose it!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    no your not alone I am fighting right at the border of 300 and 299 and can't seem to get it down so I know how you feel.
  • BigBodyBobby
    Options
    I started at 399 lbs and am now down to 385 at last weigh in! Everyone here has been very supportive in my journey to lose weight. Feel free to add me.
  • ZeroTX
    ZeroTX Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I started at well over 350 and I'm in the 280's now and pretty darn excited about that. It feels good to wear smaller clothes or to fit into old stuff a lot better... or to have clothes so big you have to throw them out or donate them.... or to fit in a stadium seat. It's the little things :)
  • mischief1on1
    Options
    NO NO!

My highest weight was 318. January of last year I was down to 313.

Taken me a long time to get off my butt again but now I'm down to 295.

Only 125 lbs to go!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i am not 300 but i am 286 so not far off.
  • ZeroTX
    ZeroTX Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    To summarize the answers:

No, you're not alone. Yes, you're in the right place :) There are people on this site who have lost 200 or more pounds on their journey. If you are persistent, you will achieve your goals. I'm not losing as fast as I had wanted, but I'm most definitely on my way to my goals. It's a marathon, not a sprint!
  • cooolmom1
    Options
    I just started today and my weigh in is 311, but hopefuly not for long.
  • BreakfastSunFitness
    Options
    No way you are not alone! We are all in this together!
  • monica12345678
    Options
    NO!!!!!!! Good luck, you are well on your way by just making the decision to change.
  • Beccaxx
    Beccaxx Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    No way are you alone hun, at my heaviest i was 354lb & now im 212lb i lost over 50lb on my own in a year & the rest after my gastric bypass last Oct. You can so do this & all of us at MFP will be here to support you along your way.

Im in the UK but would love to be ur friend & show you some support.
    Becca xx
  • distracted78
    distracted78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I currently weigh 326. This is the most I've ever weighed and I am at the point where I NEED to change that. So I"m on here to get serious and I'm also doing a local Biggest Loser competition we have going on in town. Let me know if you wanna chat! :smile:
  • lmcneil1981
    Options
    No....you are not!!! I weigh 400 (+) pounds and I have found great motivation from this website. I started Curves on Feb 13, 2012 and I have lost 31lbs as of today and dropped 8.25 inches off my entire body....so there is hope and you can and will be a SUCCESS...just press forward and I will continue to encourage you on a daily basis....but you have to make the first step and just do it for YOU!!! U can feel free to add me as a friend if you want too!!! Be blessed
  • coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You're not alone! Just check the ticker out I have... You can do this. I've stumbled and tried again and stumbled again.. the key? NEVER EVER GIVE UP. (friend request sent!)