What food did you give up?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I too have not given up any foods per se but I do limit portions of certain classes of foods. I have cut back on red meats, try to limit pastas (not too hard since it is not a major thing for me anyway but loved ones love to prepare it in different forms), and SWEETS... I suppose if I have virtually given up a food item that I used to gravitate toward it would be pastry cakes (Little Debbie, etc)... Those things are calorically catastrophic on a weight reduction regime.
  • NancyMarie13
    NancyMarie13 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I gave up pork and in the process of giving up chips (my weakness) and soda (although I dont drink it that often but for me, once is too much sugar)
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    coconut cream pie!
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I put Mayo and Ice cream on hiatus until I can get down to where I want. I used to eat a ton of Ice Cream and that is one of things that stayed with me so to speak. Mayo I loved on sandwiches, especially egg salad...but I used to use huge dollups of it. I still have it on JJ subs, but THEY do the fixings. Otherwise nothing really..if it fits in the daily cals then I have it if I want it.
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Potato chips and alcohol. Too easy for me to binge on both, so I've gone cold turkey on them for a year. Once I get to goal, I'll see how I go with re-introducing them in moderation - if it doesn't work, they can just stay gone! Otherwise, if I really want something I'll work it into my calorie count for the day.
  • gabriellejmgb
    Options
    I gave up my trigger food- candy. if I eat one piece then I would wind up eating the entire bag......no matter what. It's hard I still crave it and even dream about it. I also gave up cake and cupcakes, cookies too......They are my food"crack". SO I have to stay away and keep it out of my house. I can't even eat the lollipops at Bank of America.
  • rayjfromthebay
    Options
    Definitely sweets, I do occasionally spread a micron thick layer of Nuttella on a graham cracker but Mrs Sees has not seen me since February. I've lost 17lbs since 2/01 with basically calorie control alone. I wish I could do more exercise than a 30 minute walk each morning but my arthritis won't allow it. Peace
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I've given up donuts, and oh do I miss them especially the 400 calorie CAKE donuts. Those were the best!!! I loved candy bars but I admit quite a few protein bars have been perfect substitutes. Soda disappeared from my diet before 2000, for awhile I substituted with carbonated flavored waters until I read about Aspartame.

Most of all the food I miss the most is those Hostess Apple Pies.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything really, but I have found that I don't drink my calories the way I used to (orange juice and Milo - a hot chocolate drink, just in case it doesn't exist outside of NZ!- in particular)
  • RyleeNoelle
    RyleeNoelle Posts: 361
    Options
    I went full-blown vegan! No animal products of any sorts...gotta say I miss quesadillas and milkshakes hardcore.
  • groovyfirechick
    Options
    I didn't give up anything. If I want something I will work it into my calorie count. Even it's it just a little (like 2 hershey's kisses) I will have it. I find it works better for me this way and I don't feel deprived! :)
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Little Caesar $5 Pizza, Crazy Bread and Beer Friday Nights... :(

Also- Dill pickle Krunchers and other chips, Full-fat cheeses, ALL sweets, fried pickles, ALL fast food...
  • MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I didn't give anything up. I tried doing that before and I failed every time. Its all mental with me and if I know I can't eat it, that just makes me want it even more. So I still eat my cookies, chocolates, pastas, and breads only now I fill up on a big salad first so that I'm not going overboard. I'd be one cranky b!tch if I gave up the foods that I LOVE. :laugh:

haha! ^^^this^^^
  • joannafarrer
    Options
    I eat far less pasta, bread and potatos. I´ve also stopped snacking on sweets (candy) and chocolate and I drink far less wine. However, I do have pasta sometimes, just stick to the 60g (about 2oz) recommended and find that`s it plenty (once you adjust your portion sizes, you get used to them and find that not only do they fill you up, but the over-sized, unnecessary portions you used to eat are too much). Now that I`ve been doing this a couple of months and have had decent results, I allow myself a day off each week (usually Saturday), when I log nothing and eat and drink what I like. I find it makes the rest of week much easier, as if I really crave something, I just think `I can have that on Saturday`. I also find that I eat far less than I thought on that day, as my body has adjusted and doesn`t want the crap anymore. (I also read that this can help boost/raise your matabolism and ´fool your body´ into burning more calories...'
  • Teapotdomescam
    Options
    I knew it was time to give up Sour Patch Kids when I noticed them logged in my food diary for like, an entire month hahahah! It was so hard, but now I don't crave them at all anymore
  • MargotAllen
    Options
    I've been wanting a donut for months now, and haven't gotten around to having one. I just feel like it would make me feel too guilty. I didn't give them up or anything. I hardly have any. But since january when I wanted one, I've still wanted one, and haven't done it yet.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Raisin Bran. Miss it greatly. I still squeeze it in every once in awhile but was eating it every morning and sometimes again at night.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    This is a lifestyle for me, not a diet. I don't need to give up anything I would miss, just control the amounts of what I eat. My favorite thing in the world is pasta. I eat it every day and it hasn't been a problem for me. They actually have some good, fiberlicious whole grain pastas now that taste just like plain old pasta and that aren't like the tough, nasty whole wheat you used to be stuck with. If I want to eat a lot, I exercise to earn it. Otherwise, a little pasta fits right into my daily calories. :drinker:
  • teapot35
    teapot35 Posts: 28
    Options
    Nothing!!!!!!!!! :-) I gave up absolutely nothing. I'm trying to live my life now the way I will want to live it until I die. Do I really want to go my entire life without a single bag of buttered popcorn, not one oreo cookie? Nooooo... moderation, baby.

YES!!! This is the way to go!

Pizza and wine are my kryptonite, but the less often I have it, the less I crave it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!