What did you/are you having for lunch today?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• imnaomi
    imnaomi Posts: 2
    Options
    worked out during actual lunch break but will be eating (not mixed together) pinto beans (protein), brussel sprouts from dinner last night (fiber/greens), and a toasted Everything bagel thin (need some carbs or i'm going to feel like i didn't eat anything/enough).

this was a great question to pose - i'm loving all the responses/ideas!
  • Jhuff4
    Jhuff4 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine Chicken Enchiladas, cut up apple and a large glass of water.
  • hebenn01
    hebenn01 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Today I had an Avocado Burger. Super super good. 285 calories but filling as anything.

If you're looking for some awesome ideas (cause I was stuck too for a while and bored of what I had been eating) look into the cook book Hungry Girl 300 under 300. I swear by it and I seriously get every meal out of it. It's easy, 300 reciepes for under 300 calories. Each recipe breaks down your prep time, cook time and nutritional info.

I love it.
    t

Thanks for the recommendation!!! Just purchased for my kindle app. Looking forward to using these recipes tonight! :):)
  • chantelleldavis
    chantelleldavis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im having a chile lime chicken patty from trader joes (150 cal.) and some asparagus :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Salad (Fresh goat cheese, cranberries, pecans, cherry tomatoes and baby greens) with a side of hummus and organic flat pretzel crisps.
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat turkey sandwich with jalapenos and mustard. Mozzarella string cheese, Dole pineapple slices (no sugar added), and a homemade tomato and zucchini salad with balsamic dressing. Calories are listed in my food diary.
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I made spicy mexican turkey goulash last night in the crock pot, it was AMAZING!!
  • rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I had some brown rice with tofu, boiled cabbage, cooked red peppers, and just a dash of soy sauce, chinese vinegar, and brown sugar- delish!
    An apple for dessert :)
  • plainjane23
    Options
    I had a working lunch, our vendor brought Porto's Bakery sandwiches. I split a Turkey and swiss cheese croissant with another MFP member and added one teaspoon of mayo (sorry, can't give it up). Not too bad, less thank 350 calories and I'm full!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    How is everybody eating like kings and still losing weight...

Light Choices Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup (43 Kcal),
    Toast with marg. (131 Kcal),
    Banana (110 Kcal).

Literally starving.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Sorry, let me start over. *sigh*

I am now beginning to understand why there are so many posts from people who say they don't know why they can't stick to their plan and then make bad food choices. It's because they're literally starving themselves! The human body does many things remarkably well, and one of those is, it does what it has to do to keep from starving. Granted, everyone is posting just one meal of their entire day, but assuming their breakfasts and dinners and snacks are similar to their lunches, many of these are absolutely unsustainable. It is not a question of willpower or commitment or intentions, but failure is almost certainly guaranteed.

I realize my own personal situation is very n=1, but I lost my nearly 30 pounds by determining my maintenance calories by tracking my food intake and exercise for several weeks, then subtracted 250 from the daily requirements and that became my daily target...and I do mean "target" and not "limit". Many evenings, I found myself looking for food to eat in order to reach my target. Other times, I reached my target in the evening which meant I was done for the day. I knew that coming close to that amount was necessary in order to prevent a collapse of the plan. Every few weeks, I tweaked the daily allotment up or down as necessary based on the results I saw. Once I hit my target weight/body comp, I started doing the same thing to gain weight to reach my goal, except now it was maintenance PLUS a certain amount. I also viewed this target more as a minimum that I needed to achieve each day. And again, every few weeks, I tweak this number up or down depending on how things seem to be going. Currently, that target number is about 3k calories.

Also, a lot of these meals are very packaged/processed. I don't want to sound all food elitist, but I really believe that a calorie is not a calorie. In other words, the source of your calories is important. A bag of M&Ms and a bag of baby carrots may have the same number of calories, but the effect each has on you is very different. So if you aren't satisfied with the results you're getting with the food you're currently, it's at least worth considering.

Okay, sorry to threadjack and get all preachy, but these responses apparently hit a hot button of mine. Back to lurking in the shadows (and back to munching on this bag of baby carrots).

Oh, and here's a smiley to try to bring the jerk-quotient of my post down just a little bit: :smile:
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Had some Jimmy John's today - #12 with no mayo and I actually ate half my bag of salt and vinegar chips and stored the other half away. #small victories!
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Most of these lunches seem so light! Aren't you people hungry?? :laugh:

^this

I was just thinking the same thing!

I purposely eat light during the day so I can enjoy a heavier dinner. I'm a southern gal married to a redneck steel worker. He likes a real "meat & potatoes" meal at night and I like to enjoy it with him, only with smaller portions. We also eat out a couple of times a week, so I need to save up my calories during the day. Yes, I'm hungry some days, but it's the way I make it work with my life. I get plenty full once I get home.
  • ffffaaatttt
    ffffaaatttt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Tuna Steak... Only seared on both sides raw in the middle. With lots of lemon squeezed on. If you haven't tried it... do it. Excellent source of protein, low fat... and taste AWESOME.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Had lunch out due to visiting my mother.

I had 2 poached eggs and some smoked salmon on English muffins.
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    A spicy chicken wrap made by me! Well kinda... it was a Schwans Live Smart Frozen Spicy Chicken breast filet, cut it up and wrapped it in a tortilla (homemade... I only buy my tortilla's from this little family owned tortillarilla) with about a TBLS of fat free cream cheese and a little bit of spicy mustard. Sometimes I'll put jalepenos or anaheim peppers in it too.
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers Sweet Sesame Chicken (chicken tenderloins with rice and veggies in sweet and spicy sesame sauce.) yum! 340 cal, 5 g fat, 17 g protein. :)
  • lbcbeachbum77
    lbcbeachbum77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Tuna and celery on 2 Ryvita light rye crackers topped with 2 tbsp cheese crumbles and lettuce with a small apple
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I had a chicken breast pita with Swiss cheese,romaine, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumbers and onions, with lite mayo. I usually eat a small one, but today I was starving, so I had a regular size one.