Is it worth it?

Options
12346»

Replies

• kodiak1957
    kodiak1957 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ... smacking willie while looking at po.....wait forget that....

Dude! You just made me laugh out loud at work!!!! Bwahahaha!

Ok, seriously, life has the meaning that you give it. I've found that what gives my life meaning is to make the path behind me easier for someone else to travel due to my being here. If I help even one person or animal, my life has had meaning.
    As far as happiness...at the age of almost 55 I've learned that happiness isn't something that happens to us; it is something we CHOOSE. I have seen happy people who were rich, and happy people who were dirt poor. What they had in common was that they chose to accept what they had and be happy with it. If you spend your life chasing that one perfect spot, you will never reach it. One of my favorite short stories was written by Robert Bloch, titled "That Hellbound Train". Lots of wisdom in that story.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I have to say..what started out as a seemingly depressing thread has transformed into a very motivational and inspiration thread!! Hearing all your stories of life, love, loss....yet seeing how strong the human spirit is and how we can choose to be happy and positive...just reaffirms how awesome life is!!!!!!

Be kind to yourself and those around you and CHOOSE to be happy:heart:
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I have to say..what started out as a seemingly depressing thread has transformed into a very motivational and inspiration thread!! Hearing all your stories of life, love, loss....yet seeing how strong the human spirit is and how we can choose to be happy and positive...just reaffirms how awesome life is!!!!!!

Agreed. It usually works the other way with threads.
  • laurieblair2012
    Options
    Read my blog post today...yeah, it's worth it. :)