Counting coffee as water consumption?

Options

Replies

• katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't count my Coffee, but I do count my tea, I drink both w/o sugar.
    My green tea is just the tea and water (decaf). I don't count Milk or my 4oz of Grape juice in the morning.
  • DawnM62
    DawnM62 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I only log water as water!

I log tea in snacks as even with just skimmed milk it has calories
  • kimberly0416
    kimberly0416 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I only count water as water consumption, anything else just goes under calories.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    Options
    I don't track my water at all lol. If they let you track it in oz instead of "glasses" I would.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I don't always drink water...but when I do, I prefer diet.

i don't always drink diet, but when i do, it's store brand

stay thrifty my friend
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee but I wouldn't count it because of the sugars, and caffeine. I only log water, crystal light, and other sugar free beverages (besides diet soda) I never had sugar drinks in my house because my dad's a diabetic.

Coffee doesn't have sugar in it.
  • Shauna641
    Options
    It's not water, it's coffee.

It IS water flavoured with coffee!

If the inner stomach could talk, it would say something like this:
    Hello what is this? Fluid. Brown coloured fluid. Is it a solid food? No. Is it water? Hell I don't know! Is it a fluid? YES
    Is it a liquid? YES

Does the body need fluids? YES

Is too much coffee bad for you? Probably

Is it OK to have coffee in moderation? YES

Great- then my gin and wine are just flavored water--- LOL!!

I figure water is the best thing to hydrate because it has NO calories, artificial anything, sugar etc... I believe diet drinks are worse then regular drinks and since I have strarted counting calories I don't want to waste my calories on a drink that has no nutritional value. That is just me. But I am thrilled that in 5 days I have gone from 126 to 124. 1200 calories a day is such a small amount so I don't dare waste it on drinks-- except my CHEAT day---
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I count any liquid as water consumption. If you do the research it is liquid not exactly water that you need to ingest.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I count decaffeinated tea and hot chocolate (made with water) as well as the actual water I drink.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options

Hello what is this? Fluid. Brown coloured fluid. Is it a solid food? No. Is it water? Hell I don't know! Is it a fluid? YES
    Is it a liquid? YES

I figure water is the best thing to hydrate because it has NO calories, artificial anything, sugar etc... I believe diet drinks are worse then regular drinks and since I have strarted counting calories I don't want to waste my calories on a drink that has no nutritional value. That is just me. But I am thrilled that in 5 days I have gone from 126 to 124. 1200 calories a day is such a small amount so I don't dare waste it on drinks-- except my CHEAT day---

haha very funny - so why don't you try making gin or wine without using any water?!!!!! :wink:
  • coconutbuNZ
    Options
    I count any liquid as water consumption. If you do the research it is liquid not exactly water that you need to ingest.

I agree and thank you!
  • footballmom12
    footballmom12 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day.....WATER is WATER. Coffee is NOT water. Tea is NOT water. Pop is NOT water. If you truley want to be healthier have your coffee BUT drink more water to compensate for potential losses.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    so, long story short, everyone does something different
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day.....WATER is WATER. Coffee is NOT water. Tea is NOT water. Pop is NOT water. If you truley want to be healthier have your coffee BUT drink more water to compensate for potential losses.

Potential losses of what?
  • coconutbuNZ
    Options

I already do that. I have my glass of water after each coffee and I only have 2 coffees a day. No soda pop. No energy drinks. One glass of milk for calcium.

This was not a discussion about what is healthier anyway.
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I don't always drink water...but when I do, I prefer diet.

i don't always drink diet, but when i do, it's store brand

stay thrifty my friend

Hahaha, you're great.
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I wish I could count coffee as water. But for me, coffee is a total diuretic. I swear I pee out five times as much as I drink. :(

The idea is consumption of water, not the retention of water... therefore you can still count it as fluid consumption... even if you divest yourself of it. Seeing how as you are suppose to divest yourself of liquid anyways... at some point.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Thank you. I wish there was a better wording on the log - as it is not only water. Water 'in stuff' counts, milk counts, juice counts. Sorry folks - alcohol should not though.:grumble:
  • ShanaGore
    ShanaGore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I LOVE coffee and drink about 3 cups every morning, and maybe once a week I have a cup in the afternoon. I don't count in my water consumption since I can't seem to get a concrete answer on how much it would count for. So I just still get in my 8 glasses of water and consider the water I get from coffee as a bonus. That way I know I am plenty hydrated!
  • Shauna641
    Options

Is it a liquid? YES

haha very funny - so why don't you try making gin or wine without using any water?!!!!! :wink:

Ha- I just want to make them with no calories!!! That would be awesome!!!