Over 60, I am NOT willing to give UP! Anyone my age??

Options
15678911»

Replies

• freya33
    freya33 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    When I first joined I was aiming to lose the extra weight and get fitter. Now it is get fitter and if I lose the weight as well so much the better. I have started using weights at Body Pump and this will help my general well being. I love this site because it does not judge me; congratulates me on success and helps me back on track when I have either slipped off or come to a dead halt.

The challenges are great and my team for Fly the World has a huge age range but it does not matter as we are all in it together. Whatever exercise you can do it is better than just sitting in a chair watching TV.
  • jeansgirl
    jeansgirl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Love this. Starting AGAIN on the New Year...new me...or old me I guess...lol. starting right where I ended last year. At 150. Should be 135 to 145 max. Breast cancer survivor and I have osteoporosis. I resolve to work harder and longer...i lose the same 10/15 pounds every year. But I am getting older..so its yoga for me . Wish me luck!
  • shazzacass
    shazzacass Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone .. Anyone out there? I live in Sydney and have done a round of 12WBT and put a couple of kgs back on over Christmas, so now it's back to counting cals :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone .. Anyone out there? I live in Sydney and have done a round of 12WBT and put a couple of kgs back on over Christmas, so now it's back to counting cals :)

consider joining us on women ages 50+

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/831528-women-ages-50-for-january-2013?page=16#posts-12624951

this is an active community of women supporting and encouraging each other :bigsmile:
  • srk1223
    srk1223 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 55, and last year I lost 50 lbs. I started with Weight Watchers, then switched to MFP. I've gained 7 lbs over the last couple months, and I know it's because I stopped tracking. But here I am again! It can be done.
  • redpaisleyrose
    Options
    I started this topic almost a year ago. It did me good to go back and read all the encouraging replies from ,my fellow passengers.... I am still alive and almost 63 now. Time is still passing as usual, and we all have the same amount of time in a day. BUT, I ask myself how many days? Please, God let this be my year for conquering this weight problem once and for all!! Or, how about just today? That would work too!
    How have you all done this past year? Are you UP or DOWN? Does weight weigh on your mind daily? Are you still on track? Are you down a size or two? Thank you for all your thoughts.