Thin but not gorgeous?

Options

Replies

• BerkshireFitness
    Options
    definitely resistance training with dumbells, barbells, kettlebells and strength training machines at the local gym will help!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    OK...bumping this so I can add things later. I understand what you mean by toned...so no worries. Again, I will come back a little later! :smile:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Eat protein. Pick heavy **** up and put it down again. Gain muscle. Repeat.

I do hope you're not aiming to lose more weight as you really don't have much more you can lose. If you do try to lose more, a lot of it will be lean mass (muscles, bones, organs).
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    im confused by your title and your post. having a toned body will not make you "gorgeous". if you want to get toned, follow the suggestions by previous posts.
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    gracienkaidens_momma Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Lift the weights, girl!! That will get you 'toned'!! Don't focus on the number on the scale- it doesn't mean much if you look in the mirror and don't like what you see. Lifting will change your body composition and help develop some beautiful muscles. You may even gain some weight, but it will look bombshell and best of all, you will hopefully learn to love your body and respect it through the process.

She is exactly right! Do strength training. Lift dumbbells or kettlebells. Do squats, lunges, etc. That will help you tone up and you will develop that bombshell look you are striving for!
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    gracienkaidens_momma Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    OK...bumping this so I can add things later. I understand what you mean by toned...so no worries. Again, I will come back a little later! :smile:

I do too. I am doing Brazil Butt Lift and doing weighted squats, lunges, overhead press to tone different body parrts so they will look more TONED. I get frustrated when people jump on me for saying the word toned followed by, "There's so such thing as toned!" Well, look here, yes there is for me. I have a not-so-toned butt with dimples and I wanna smooth it out, so to me, I am busting my butt doing the weighted exercises stated above to get toned and make everything hard and smooth. I totally understand what you mean. Some people on here are ridiculous!
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    People here hate skinny b*tches. Don't worry about it. Just start lifting and you'll shape up.

*:laugh: sigh*
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    Alright. I'm 5'4" about 100 lbs. I have nice features and stuff so I'm talking about my body shape in general. I thought if I lost weight I would have a nice body and look gorgeous. I was aiming for a really nice bikini body basically. So I lost weight and now I'm a nice size but I still am nowhere close to a bombshell body. I think it's because I'm not toned. Does anyone have any exercise routine suggestions that will help me get that nice toned look?

well to me, look better now weighing a little more toned, than "skinny fat" as I used to be (very thin, but no muscle/tone) Try Jillian Michaels--No More Trouble Zones is great for different squats/lunges--helped a lot with my arms too.
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    I would like to add (being a fairly petite person) that I am not a skinny basher: but you should trying to add a few pounds, as you are underweight for 5'4.
    Just lift some weights, add more protein--and think positive:)
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Lift some weights. You want that beach body, throw some weight around.

In the end, its not about a scale - Its about ow your body looks (in addition to feeding it correctly).
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I'm not here to bash thin girls. I'm not overweight and am still trying to lose weight, but I don't think the OP's goals are healthy. She's 5'4 and 100lbs - that is underweight and she has stated she wants to lose more weight. I don't go along with this whole 'real women have curves' sentiment, because it suggests slimmer women aren't real women, which I don't like. However, I do think it's very important to be healthy and I think being incredibly underweight is just as bad as being overweight health-wise.
    It is actually far worse for your health to be severly underweight. You will die much sooner from anorexia than you will from being obese.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    1. The OP said she wanted to be toned for bikini season. She obviously has an interest in working out a bit and lifting some weights.

2. "Toned" is in the Miriam-Webster (and just about every other) dictionary that exists:

Give greater strength or firmness to (the body or a part of it): "exercise tones up the muscles".
    (of a muscle or bodily part) Became stronger or firmer.

So don't say it doesn't mean anything.

3. She is trying to get in shape and she is well on her way and looking to do more.

Good Lord, people, stop trying to diagnose people with imaginary problems and "fix" them over the internet.

Pump a little iron, Miss, and go nice and slow with it. That will help "tone" (an honest to God true, bona fide concept) you for bikini season.

Good luck! Post Pics!

:bigsmile:
  • MzMandi1025
    MzMandi1025 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Your goals worry me. Just from the health perspective. At 5'4 100lbs is underweight & if you have a goal to lose an additional 10, it's not healthy. I'm 5'1 & at my lowest I was 105lbs. I look back at pictures & I looked sick. I honestly think you should talk to a doctor about what a healthy weight for your body type is, then start doing some strength training, or pilates to get the lean look you are aiming for. Good luck.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Provided you are older than 18, I suggest recreational pole dancing!
    It will give you the muscle you want and the feelings of gorgeousness.

I find most women are pleased by the amount of muscle pole puts on and most of us experience a crazy blast of "I am the shiznit".
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It's still very controversial, but some studios do teach to students under 18. Typically the classes are taught separately from adults, and emphasize the fitness, dance, and gymnastic aspects of the sport, rather than the sexy side. The pole basically becomes an apparatus similar to some gymnastics equipment.

I find most women are pleased by the amount of muscle pole puts on and most of us experience a crazy blast of "I am the shiznit".

Except for those who complain about their "man muscles." (It is relatively unusual, but I have heard multiple female pole dancers complain about this--of course those of us without those muscles are often a little jealous of those who have them.)

Such details aside, pole dancing is fun and a does help a lot of women improve their fitness level, especially where strength is concerned (cardio maybe not so much).

As for the OPs question, I know it's not what you asked for, but, if you haven't done so already, you may want to talk to a health professional about what a healthy weight for your height and build is.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    im confused by your title and your post. having a toned body will not make you "gorgeous". if you want to get toned, follow the suggestions by previous posts.

That's my big objection too. Becoming "gorgeous" isn't a reasonable goal, since there's not a real, objective definition of gorgeous. It varies not just among individuals but across cultures and historical eras. I think the OP was talking about body contours, but it also refers to proportions which no one has any control over, like waist to hip ratio, placement of cheek bones and eye sockets...thousands of things, not all within your control.

IMO, all women are gorgeous. Each and every one. If the OP wants to get a particular body shape, she should set goals for measurements and body fat % and do resistance training towards those goals. They may not all be achievable--we can't all have a 10" difference between waist and hips or any other proportion--based on her actual bone structure. She should also realize she's already gorgeous.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options

Assuming you don't do it in public without clothes on, why would you need to be 18 to pole dance?
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options

Assuming you don't do it in public without clothes on, why would you need to be 18 to pole dance?

Well, personally, I don't want to invite anyone under 18 to pole dance. It's just me.
    I don't think pole is a fun activity without the sexy, and I'm not offering sexy to a kid.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's been mentioned but I'm not going to read all the responses..... you need to start lifting weights.