I hate water

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Fizzy drinks and beer are water with stuff added. If you said "fizzy drinks and beer don't hydrate you," you have said "adding something to water negates the positive effects of water." How do you think they make "fizzy drinks?" I'll tell you. They take water, and they add stuff to it. Are you now claiming that who adds the stuff matters? If I add it at home it's not harmful, but if say, Pepsico adds it, it is?

Ok so your saying a whole load of stuff that i havnt even said. You seem pretty determined to carry on this pointless argument, well im not retaliating so please just give up trying to say that i said this, that and the other when i quite clearly havnt.

do you even know what you're saying?

"Thats quite dumb really, water has tons of benefits that all these other drinks don't."

How do 'these other drinks' not have the same benefits as water if they're just water with stuff added to them? You are saying that by adding something to water, it takes away the benefits.

I don't know why you keep quoting the same line i said, pretty sad actualy. And at what point did i say that adding things to water takes away the benefits?!? I said that water has tons of benefits that other drinks don't, duhhh! So if i was to drink a big glass of water and then a big glass of full fat coke, im sure it doesnt take a rocket scientist to tell me which is going to be a lot better for me.

You are saying that other drinks don't have the same benefits as water
    Because other drinks are just water with things added, that means you are saying that adding those things takes away the benefits

Or in other words, you don't have a clue what you're saying. Just like how you said you were going to leave this thread 20+ comments ago.

Ok to the point. I never said they don't have the same benefits, i said they don't have AS MANY BENEFITS.... U understanding so far??? Any wonder i keep responding when your just stating pure crap and things i havnt said.

Again, you don't seem to understand your own words. If they don't have as many benefits, then they don't have the same benefits. If I have 3 apples and you have 5 apples, what we have is not the same. We are not equal. Water, on the other hand, is equal to other beverages. Unlike us.

Yeah, unlike us, because it was NOT ME who said that. You are quoting a girl with the screen name Charloo something. That was not me who was arguing that issue. I knew you were confusing me with somebody else. Go back and re-read the thread and you will find that it was not me (jpuderbaugh) who said that.

And I didn't reply to you, unless you are the person who wrote. "Ok to the point. I never said they don't have the same benefits, i said they don't have AS MANY BENEFITS.... U understanding so far??? Any wonder i keep responding when your just stating pure crap and things i havnt said.". That is who was quoted, that is who was replied to, and it was replied to from the exact post it quotes. I don't believe that is you. I KNOW it wasn't a reply to you, because I clicked "Quote" from HER post, NOT yours. That is in fact why I always include the prior quotes--so it's clear what is being replied to. So what is your issue with this reply?

I told you to quote me saying these things, and you went back and found posts that said these things, and quoted them after I told you to prove me wrong. What else was I supposed to believe? It didn't make any sense to me why you would go back so far and quote an old post if you weren't responding to me. How was I supposed to know that you didn't think these were from me if you posted them after I challenged you?

You were supposed to believe that I was replying to the posts I replied to. To reply to you I will hit "Reply" or "Quote" on YOUR post. That's how it's done. Am I not ever to post to anyone else again unless/until I reply to you? No one else misunderstood this. I have done nothing wrong here. I've apologized for anything I did wrong, and if you think I'm going to apologize because you assume every post that comes after yours in time is directed at you, that isn't going to happen. I am not wrong here, you are. Often replies don't come next to each other, not just this time but all the time, and as I said, I ALWAYS include what came before so it's clear what it's in reply to. As I said, let a mod sort it out. I did not do anything wrong. Report it.

Simply hitting reply to someone's post does not make it clear who you are replying to. That's why she got confused. If you want to reply to someone specifically, you need to hit the quote button.
    [/quote]

Did you happen to notice the 490 quotes above mine????? Because they are there because I DID hit the quote button!!!!!!!!!!! She got confused because she asked me something and assumed that everything I posted after she asked was aimed at her!!!!! Which, BTW, is why I ALWAYS leave all the quotes on a post intact, and why this post has 491 replies attached to IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, if you actually wanted to be helpful, and since I already did what you say I should have done to make this clear and not confuse her, do you care to tell me exactly WHAT I COULD HAVE DONE TO MAKE WHO I WAS REPLYING TO ANY CLEARER?

EDIT: I have repaired the quotes as best I can. I don't code in a markup language very often, so it's not second nature. Because there are a lot, nesting them manually is difficult. But I'm still trying. You seem to be the one unfamiliar with quoting, since you seem to have deleted many of the quote tags. If you do that, the sense provided by quoting is lost.
    [/quote]

EDIT2: THERE! FIXED!
  • diybride
    diybride Posts: 16
    Options
    I read a lot of this thread and it made me sad how snarly and condescending people can be on these forums. The girl asked for tips not lectures. I personally have a birth defect in my bladder that gives me issues with urinary tract infections, so I am trying to increase my water consumption even more. I will sound like a broken record, but MIO sweet tea drops are great and cucumbers make for a nice snappy summer add in! Best of luck to you my dear and don't let the negativity bring you down!
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I hate water.

Grow up.
  • irenep22
    irenep22 Posts: 59
    Options
    i hate water ¡ its a torture having 8 cups a day ¡
  • Serqita
    Serqita Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    There's no sub for water, but you can add things like fresh fruit or those crystal light packets. The flavored water is good too. Ifyou're a soda fan you can even go for the flavored carbonated waters. Just make sure you log the flavorings and fruit because it does add to your calories and sodium.
  • Elsblue
    Elsblue Posts: 2
    Options
    Just came from the doc's. She says---and ample research proves---that water is water in whatever form you drink or eat it. Coffee, tea, soda, watermelon, any fruit or vegetable. Anything but alcohol. Now *sometimes* some of these drinks/food may not be good for you for other reasons--too much acid maybe, too many calories with the water content, etc. But as far as getting you the liquid you need, it's all good.

Way,way too much misinformation out there. There's nothing magic about plain water. It has a thousand different forms--at least.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Just came from the doc's. She says---and ample research proves---that water is water in whatever form you drink or eat it. Coffee, tea, soda, watermelon, any fruit or vegetable. Anything but alcohol. Now *sometimes* some of these drinks/food may not be good for you for other reasons--too much acid maybe, too many calories with the water content, etc. But as far as getting you the liquid you need, it's all good.

Way,way too much misinformation out there. There's nothing magic about plain water. It has a thousand different forms--at least.

And?!? What is your point?!? Strong first post and I think the OP got her answers from April '12.
  • Elsblue
    Elsblue Posts: 2
    Options
    Well it's nice to meet you too.

Run along now.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    "UGLY BAGS OF MOSTLY WATER."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paH97dYR6Lg
    lwax3.jpg

Uh-hem. So, yes, I was wondering whether anyone was going to start discussing the DANGERS of Dihydrogen Monoxide. It really can kill. Read all about it. It's on the Internet, so it must be true.

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any water substitutions that would work almost as good as water, but taste better?
    Thank you!

Kroger sells powdered water it's totes good
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Fizzy drinks and beer are water with stuff added. If you said "fizzy drinks and beer don't hydrate you," you have said "adding something to water negates the positive effects of water." How do you think they make "fizzy drinks?" I'll tell you. They take water, and they add stuff to it. Are you now claiming that who adds the stuff matters? If I add it at home it's not harmful, but if say, Pepsico adds it, it is?

Ok so your saying a whole load of stuff that i havnt even said. You seem pretty determined to carry on this pointless argument, well im not retaliating so please just give up trying to say that i said this, that and the other when i quite clearly havnt.

do you even know what you're saying?

"Thats quite dumb really, water has tons of benefits that all these other drinks don't."

How do 'these other drinks' not have the same benefits as water if they're just water with stuff added to them? You are saying that by adding something to water, it takes away the benefits.

I don't know why you keep quoting the same line i said, pretty sad actualy. And at what point did i say that adding things to water takes away the benefits?!? I said that water has tons of benefits that other drinks don't, duhhh! So if i was to drink a big glass of water and then a big glass of full fat coke, im sure it doesnt take a rocket scientist to tell me which is going to be a lot better for me.

You are saying that other drinks don't have the same benefits as water
    Because other drinks are just water with things added, that means you are saying that adding those things takes away the benefits

Or in other words, you don't have a clue what you're saying. Just like how you said you were going to leave this thread 20+ comments ago.

Ok to the point. I never said they don't have the same benefits, i said they don't have AS MANY BENEFITS.... U understanding so far??? Any wonder i keep responding when your just stating pure crap and things i havnt said.

Again, you don't seem to understand your own words. If they don't have as many benefits, then they don't have the same benefits. If I have 3 apples and you have 5 apples, what we have is not the same. We are not equal. Water, on the other hand, is equal to other beverages. Unlike us.

Yeah, unlike us, because it was NOT ME who said that. You are quoting a girl with the screen name Charloo something. That was not me who was arguing that issue. I knew you were confusing me with somebody else. Go back and re-read the thread and you will find that it was not me (jpuderbaugh) who said that.

And I didn't reply to you, unless you are the person who wrote. "Ok to the point. I never said they don't have the same benefits, i said they don't have AS MANY BENEFITS.... U understanding so far??? Any wonder i keep responding when your just stating pure crap and things i havnt said.". That is who was quoted, that is who was replied to, and it was replied to from the exact post it quotes. I don't believe that is you. I KNOW it wasn't a reply to you, because I clicked "Quote" from HER post, NOT yours. That is in fact why I always include the prior quotes--so it's clear what is being replied to. So what is your issue with this reply?

I told you to quote me saying these things, and you went back and found posts that said these things, and quoted them after I told you to prove me wrong. What else was I supposed to believe? It didn't make any sense to me why you would go back so far and quote an old post if you weren't responding to me. How was I supposed to know that you didn't think these were from me if you posted them after I challenged you?

You were supposed to believe that I was replying to the posts I replied to. To reply to you I will hit "Reply" or "Quote" on YOUR post. That's how it's done. Am I not ever to post to anyone else again unless/until I reply to you? No one else misunderstood this. I have done nothing wrong here. I've apologized for anything I did wrong, and if you think I'm going to apologize because you assume every post that comes after yours in time is directed at you, that isn't going to happen. I am not wrong here, you are. Often replies don't come next to each other, not just this time but all the time, and as I said, I ALWAYS include what came before so it's clear what it's in reply to. As I said, let a mod sort it out. I did not do anything wrong. Report it.

Simply hitting reply to someone's post does not make it clear who you are replying to. That's why she got confused. If you want to reply to someone specifically, you need to hit the quote button.

Did you happen to notice the 490 quotes above mine????? Because they are there because I DID hit the quote button!!!!!!!!!!! She got confused because she asked me something and assumed that everything I posted after she asked was aimed at her!!!!! Which, BTW, is why I ALWAYS leave all the quotes on a post intact, and why this post has 491 replies attached to IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, if you actually wanted to be helpful, and since I already did what you say I should have done to make this clear and not confuse her, do you care to tell me exactly WHAT I COULD HAVE DONE TO MAKE WHO I WAS REPLYING TO ANY CLEARER?

EDIT: I have repaired the quotes as best I can. I don't code in a markup language very often, so it's not second nature. Because there are a lot, nesting them manually is difficult. But I'm still trying. You seem to be the one unfamiliar with quoting, since you seem to have deleted many of the quote tags. If you do that, the sense provided by quoting is lost.
    [/quote]

EDIT2: THERE! FIXED!
    [/quote]

Its water... dumb thread. If you don't want to drink water, grab a 44 oz big gulp..
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Kroger sells powdered water it's totes good

Oh REALLY??

oh-really-now.gif
  • LaLaVee13
    LaLaVee13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any water substitutions that would work almost as good as water, but taste better?
    Thank you!
    Drink whatever you want. Don't like plain water? Diet soda, non-diet soda, Crystal Lite, coffee, tea, juice, milk, sports drinks, beer... All hydrate you just about as effectively as water, the only downside is that some of them have calories you would have to account for. Hydration is all about FLUID, not about water.

What are you smoking? Lol. Soda and beer DEhydrate.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,066 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    Drink whatever you want. Don't like plain water? Diet soda, non-diet soda, Crystal Lite, coffee, tea, juice, milk, sports drinks, beer... All hydrate you just about as effectively as water, the only downside is that some of them have calories you would have to account for. Hydration is all about FLUID, not about water.

What are you smoking? Lol. Soda and beer DEhydrate.

Yes I know we are now having a zombie discussion :laugh: - but how does soda dehydrate you ?