What size weights to tone with?

Options

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I think it's ugly when a woman has a man chest or even looks like a man. If a woman lifts like a man, she will eventually get a body like a man. Breast is fat and fat can shrink in that area, leaving women with men breasts and that's why so many bodybuilder women get breast implant.

You don't have any idea what you are talking about, and should therefore stop talking.
    On the plus side, it does provide all of us who DO know what we're talking about with the opportunity to sound even more intelligent.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    <---- Looks like a bulky man, obviously.

OP, to answer your question, when I'm working out with dumbbells I am usually using 20-25# sometimes 30#. Though, I still use them for compound movements like cleans, snatches or thrusters. I can't remember the last time I did a bicep curl on it's own.

Hope this helps!

:smile:
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Honestly, what are bulky muscles? Do you have a link or a photo of someone "bulky?"

As a woman, I'm so tired of hearing this.

The point of lifting weight is resistance. After a while, whatever weights you lift will become too easy. You will have to increase weights or you'll just be wasting your time.

Yay! for this. I just did a BL DVD and I swear the one chick said, "I don't need heavier weights because I'm a girl." WTF?!?!
    And she was using 3 lb weights at one point. Really?!?!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I would like to thank this thread for making me feel like it's Friday.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I lift as heavy as possible (low reps/high weight), and I hardly look bulky or manly. And btw, I'm 47. So this works. Just sayin'.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I think it's ugly when a woman has a man chest or even looks like a man. If a woman lifts like a man, she will eventually get a body like a man. Breast is fat and fat can shrink in that area, leaving women with men breasts and that's why so many bodybuilder women get breast implant.

You don't have any idea what you are talking about, and should therefore stop talking.

I don't know what I'm talking about. Use the ignore button. I will.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

how many people do you have on ignore?
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    You know, nopedotjpeg's name sums up my reaction to everything he's been saying.

And what is that? That you have to stress muscles for them to adapt? Or that women don't get "man chests" by lifting?
    my apologies, i thought you were agreeing with Her Royal Majesty, Queen Broscience saying "if you lift like a man, you look like a man"
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Define "man chest"....

Go!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    You know, nopedotjpeg's name sums up my reaction to everything he's been saying.

And what is that? That you have to stress muscles for them to adapt? Or that women don't get "man chests" by lifting?
    my apologies, i thought you were agreeing with Her Royal Majesty, Queen Broscience saying "if you lift like a man, you look like a man"

Lol no. I'm glad we cleared that up and I restated myself instead of just saying "y u mad?" like I was planning to. :P
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Define "man chest"....

Go!

Why don't you find the answer.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Define "man chest"....

Go!

Why don't you find the answer.

It's your phrasing... not mine.
  • docktorfokse
    Options

how many people do you have on ignore?
    this isn't an exact figure, but i'm going to say "the world."
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    *Make outlandish claims and then tell people you're ignore-buttoning them or to find the answers themselves when they ask for you to back up said outlandish claims.*

Azackery principles to live by.
  • docktorfokse
    Options
    *Make outlandish claims and then tell people you're ignore-buttoning them or to find the answers themselves when they ask for you to back up said outlandish claims.*

that just might be crazy enough to potato
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

that just might be crazy enough to potato

ha!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

"I don't know what I'm talking about."

That is about the only correct thing I have ever seen you post.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Bumping and bringing popcorn

Any thread with AZackary in it is worth bumping just to see how ridiculous it gets.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options

Any thread with AZackary in it is worth bumping just to see how ridiculous it gets.

Did I miss the memo? Is AZackery just a master troll?

I just find it easy to believe that she's really like this for some reason.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Gus-popcorn.gif

Did I miss the memo? Is AZackery just a master troll?

I just find it easy to believe that she's really like this for some reason.
    Pretty sure she's really like that, which actually makes it more entertaining, not less.