40s - anyone else?

Options

Replies

• gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Life began for me last year when I lost 80lb's - I felt better than when I was 17yo - 30 years ago !

Gonna rock the B-side of my life instead of scratching the records I am setting some. I love me now !!!
  • alex_dale
    alex_dale Posts: 46
    Options
    41 here :)
  • tscott10
    tscott10 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and getting myself back into my 20s body..... Well I am trying! So my 40s will be my new 20s.
  • Jeanne78832
    Options
    Hi, I am 45 and just started my weight loss journey. I have 88 lbs to lose to reach my goal. I want to look like i did in my 20s and early-mid 30s. I was overweight as a child and teen and now I am again in my 40s. Feel free to add me.
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Looks like you have a great start. 43 here and a new beginning. I've lost 19 so far over the past month and this site has really got me on track. Best of luck to you!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    47 here.
    I can identify 3 metabolism shifts. The third was at about 45. Right around the time other "cool" things like...night sweats, hot flashes etc. started.

I'm holding steady, and hope to emerge on "the other side" around the same weight. Good for you for getting going now!
  • docdrd
    docdrd Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    46 and had to bury my metabolism about 11 years ago. It was a sad day. I still miss it! (before then, I just had to think about losing weight and I would be relatively thin again). Now, I just think about food and I am in trouble. But happy to friend anyone who is going to be supportive and fun. Cheers!
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 a month ago. I think it's definitely harder to lose weight as we get older. Parly because our bodies and our metabolisms change and partly because we are so darn busy at this age with kids (who knew parenting at a certain point became all about taxiing?) and work.
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm the same age as you and my birthday is also in July:)

I think my metabolism is on permanent hiatus and even moreso now that my doctor thinks I'm starting peri-menopause. However I'm still determined to at least get as close to my goal weight as possible.

Feel free to friend me if you wish:)

Take Care,

Fiona
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I am 46! I can tell you all what to expect in the next few years :)

So far, the last few years have brought cellulite on my arms (I am used to this on my legs, but not my arms!), brown patches on my face, and reading glasses scattered all throughout my life !!! Strangely, the reading glasses bother me the most!
    HA! I have reading glasses in every room INCLUDING the loo. That's an interesting story. I was staying with a friend in the UK and that included sharing a bathroom. One day, I showered in her bathroom and then realized I forgot my lotion up in my room. I glanced a bit, and saw a bottle on her shelf. I opened it, got a blop and then thought: you're in the UK, you don't recognize bottles, seriously! Stop and REALLY look. So I put the bottle on the window sill and backed up and re-read it. And lo and behold it was fake tan! Sooooooo glad I didn't slather that on liberally! So now there are readers in the bathroom. :-)
  • Tapemymouthshutplease
    Options
    I am 40, and busting butt to drop some pounds : (
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    42 here, be 43 in a few months. Add me if you wish, any anyone else who wants to add me can as well
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    I'm 41 and like most of the replies, have noticed my metabolism has slowed down since turning 40. Feel free to add me!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I'm 41 and like most of the replies, have noticed my metabolism has slowed down since turning 40. Feel free to add me!
    Expect one more big downward dip (before menopause), sadly.
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 this year. Battling the bulge & although the metabolism has slowed I feel great !
  • marinemomx2
    marinemomx2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    47 here - no cheaters and no menopause... yet!!! I guess I probably should not say that out loud! I do understand the struggle to be healthy and fit in your 40's though.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    42! Had my 6th kid at 39. Not as easy to get the baby weight off at 39 as it wa at 24. But, I got tired of looking all flabby...so I decided that I was going to get my body back. My tummy does not look as good as before kids....but the rest of me does and I feel great. I feel like I am in beter shape than I was 10 years ago. I love being able to run up the stairs and not be out of breath!!!

I will admit, I am nervous about menopause...I guess i will deal with that when it comes. My mom hit it late, so maybe I will too.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I'm 44, but it feels more like 34 years, 8 months, 3 weeks and 3 days.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    @Sabine_Stroeh

That is funny! I completely understand. I can't read the stupid shampoo bottle anymore. Thankfully, I memorized the instructions :smile:
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Had my baby at 40 too...certainly wasn't as easy to lose the weight as when his brother was born 9 years previously.

Feel free to add me...