40s - anyone else?

Replies

• Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    I'm 48 but feel about 25...really! I can honestly say I am now in the best shapenof my life but believe me it is MUCH harder once you pass that 40 mark...(and harder for women than men) ! Just keep eating healthy live foods and keep moving...also, I have found that weight lifting is so important and has many health benefits! Add me as a friend if you like!!! :0)
  • jarredondo
    jarredondo Posts: 284 Member
    I just turned 42 in January. I have 3 boys, the last of which I did not have until I was 39. I never made it down to my pre-children weight after any of them. I came close after the second but then got pregnant again :-). It is much harder this time than it was in my thirties but I have 3 very active boys that I want to be active with for a long time. I have to lose this weight, and more important get and stay healthy for my kids and some day maybe (many, many years from now) grandkids. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Well, I'm 50, but feel free to add me! :bigsmile:
  • deez2015
    deez2015 Posts: 54 Member
    i just turned 42. i'm new to the website. feel free to friend me if you want. the more support the better! :)
  • drmattski
    drmattski Posts: 124 Member
    45 here and it is much harder as we age (you mean I can't eat whatever I want ??? LOL)

Friend request sent.

Others - feel free to add me for support and motivation.

Cheers,
    Matt
  • thump418
    thump418 Posts: 251 Member
    46 and feeling great. feel free to friend me.
  • I'm 44 and it's definitely harder to lose and keep off the weight for me too. I'm new here. Hi everyone
  • aliceguy
    aliceguy Posts: 128 Member
    well, I am 41, fighting a few demons in my head at the moment, but have lost 13kgs so far in the last 9 months, but really, it is my head that is doing me in.

I heard a line in a song, cant remember which one, but it went along the lines of why am I a stranger in my own body. If you take my head problems out for a bit, I am still trying to find a comfortable body to occuoy, if that makes sense......maybe not, guess I am just another loopy aussie hey?.....
  • Hi I am 39 this year so not quite 40 but definatly looking forward to it :) I hope to be a much skinnier 40 yr old than I am now. I had my 5th child 2 1/2 yrs ago and still have not lost all my baby weight, which was so much easier to do after previous babies ( in my 20's and early 30's), this time it has stuck and more has crept on :(...
    I am new to calorie counting and watching what I eat.
    At the moment walking is my only form of exercise, I am hoping it will be enough to help drop some of the Kilo's until I am able to do more.
  • khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    I am 42 and in the same boat. Looking through photo albums recently I noticed how much weight my husband and I are both gaining...slowly over the past 5 years. We have both joined myfitnesspal and have both lost weight in the past week since we began. I totally felt like you, and plan to get back to an acceptable weight for my age and height! Good luck!
  • tjpipes
    tjpipes Posts: 65
    Hey there!! Turner 42 in Jan and I'm on my way to being in the best shape of my life!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    I am 42 and LOVING IT! I was about 110 lbs over weight for my tiny 5'3" frame. Half way there and already starting to see how that has changed me and the response to me. I have been id'd when out with my daughter for drinks.

I think that's pushing it a bit, but I won't argue :). I love it when I tell people that I'm a grandmother. I also love just feeling like I've finally got control over my choices. Strength is learned. I believe that I have now learned how to be strong.
  • slboling
    slboling Posts: 117 Member
    I am now 45, but after losing 110 pounds I feel better than I did in my 20's.
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Hi I am Andy and 46 till July, I have been on MFP for a month and certainly have gained extra help from the information and people here.

I have just lost 2 Stone (28 lbs) since I went back to the gym in February, so you can see from below that I have lost more from being here. My primary goal is to get back where I was at 40 which is still heavy for my body, then go from there.

Feel free to add me for extra support and encouragement.
  • kimberly0416
    kimberly0416 Posts: 123 Member
    42, feel free to friend me :smile:
  • jjhertel
    jjhertel Posts: 5
    I am 41 and have been gaining, losing, gaining, losing over the past few years. I have done nutrisystem and that helped to drop the weight, but my body was still soft. I just got done with 90 days of P90X, along with a healthy diet and I lost only about 5 lbs, but dropped 4 inches in my waist and built up some good definition in my chest, shoulders, arms and legs. The key for me is to have someone to do this journey with, a friend, a spouse, whoever. It holds you accountable on those tough days that you just want to sit in front of the TV with a bag of chips or bowl of ice cream. My wife, who you have been corresponding with, is my rock and I just love sharing this time together with her. I think it benefits the both of us tremendously. Good Luck!
  • azbutterfly1324
    azbutterfly1324 Posts: 74 Member
    I just turned 44 and have struggled more with my weight since turning 40. I'm never been super heavy, but have gained & lost the same 20 pounds over & over & over. In my 20's and 30's it was so EASY to lose weight though. I have to try so much harder now. Trying to focus on getting fit now instead of 'losing weight'. I just finished 90 days of p90x; then took a rest week and started Body Revolution (also 90 days). I'm definitely more fit, though still not as small as I would like!

PS. Many people tell me I look a lot younger too! We just went to dinner tonight @ a restaurant where my 21 yr old daughter works and her coworkers thought I was her sister! That makes me feel really great!!!!

You do look uber young! Remember diapers? I still have one in night-time pull up...at least your daughter is old enough to work :)

I was exploring P90X and am debating between that and Bodyrock 30 day challenge (plus pilates and TRX). CONGRATS on finishing 90 days - seems like a huge challenge to me!! Can you share your experience please?

I loved, loved, loved p90x. The only reason I didn't started another round immediately is that I wanted to try to drop some pounds. It is NOT a weight loss program, though many people do lose. People like me, with just a little to lose, it takes more cardio than p90x offers. Plus, it's a huge time commitment. Most days are 75-90 minutes and it was hell (for me, with my schedule) to do that for 90 days. I also have 3 dogs that need about 1hour of exercise a day, so I was exercising for over 2 hours daily for 3 months. Just can't do that for the long haul while working full time and going to school too. P90x made me SO strong and fit though. My 19yo came home @ spring break from college (he hadn't seen me since starting p90x) and told me I was 'jacked'. I think that's a good thing :)

I highly recommend p90x. It was very motivating to see my progress as the program progressed. In the beginning, there were exercises I couldn't even attempt and by the end, I was doing them. Started upper body with 5lb weights, ended with 12 - 15. Never got to where I could do an unassisted pull up, but almost!! Plus, Tony is really funny and not bad to look at either :)
  • cyndist
    cyndist Posts: 43
    Hi I'm 43 will be 44 in Sept. Anyone feel free to add me as a friend. The more the merrier =)
    Cindy
  • kim8184
    kim8184 Posts: 56 Member
    Hi, I'm 46 and it's seems like a long road. I would love to lose 80-85 more lbs. Hubby and I finally have the house to ourselves and we are loving it. We are finally starting to do the things we didn't get to do when we had our kids. Now I just want to get back down to the weight I used to be. I'm a grandma of 4, but I want the energy of my kids, I think that's fair. Please everyone feel free to friend me. Looking for people in my age range for support.
  • slweix
    slweix Posts: 9
    I turned 43 the end of last year... and I agree. Every year since I turned 40 it gets more difficult even eating well and exercising!