BLACK TEAM WEEK 6

Options

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey Black Team!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Mine was nice and relaxing, so I am glad for that.

I'm starting to get really antsy for my race this weekend, now that Andrew and Bobbi have done theirs already. It's really starting to sink in now that I am actually going to do this. Wowzers. Right now, I'm still more excited than nervous...hope I stay that way. :smile:

Have a great afternoon!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot! I was getting a drink of water at the gym and I said hi to the lady beside me. We exchange hellos but never really talk. She said to me 'You are really looking slim and trim these days.' I coulda hugged her!

That's the stuff it's made of- not the dumb number on the scale.

Agreed! You should be super proud of yourself!

Shuntae, you are awesome. Actually all you 100 pounders are. I am struggling to hit my 50, working my butt off and you guys that have lost 100 or more are still kicking it and have the most amazing attitudes and are such a great support.

100 pound people rock!

Go Shuntae!
    Go Andrew!
    Go Roni!
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hey Black team! Sounds like everone had a busy weekend! I finally got to go swimming yesterday, Well, actually, i got in the pool and ran around in circles cause the water was COLD!!! But I figure running in water will burn some serious calories. My daughter went swimming with me for the first time that she could acutally enjoy it. She is completly fearless!! She wanted to keep jumping into the water from the ladder as long as someone was there to catch her. Talk about a scared mom!! I was afraid I was gonna miss her! Didn't really do any real exercising, but did the swimming, a lot of cleaning of the house, and tonight we have a softball game. I will pick up with the exercising tomorrow and hope to have a great loss this week! Have a great day ladies and Andrew! :bigsmile:
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Update on Owen:

We need a couple prayers if anyone has any spares. He's still sick and getting more and more sick by the day. Brought him to the doctor today, they're testing for ecoli, parasites, salmonella, etc. At work today, but only breifly and only because there is no one else here who can work my accounts. (backup is out today too). Tired, headache, didn't get my 3000 calories in this weekend. 750 though. Starting to feel like my house is covered in a flim of diarrhea and vomit. Blech. Scared for my little guy. BF says it's all my fault... I'm not sure how. And he is no help what-so-ever. I need a pick-me-up badly. Sorry for the downer of a post. Really REALLY hope everyone else has a better day than I'm having!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Update on Owen:

We need a couple prayers if anyone has any spares. He's still sick and getting more and more sick by the day. Brought him to the doctor today, they're testing for ecoli, parasites, salmonella, etc. At work today, but only breifly and only because there is no one else here who can work my accounts. (backup is out today too). Tired, headache, didn't get my 3000 calories in this weekend. 750 though. Starting to feel like my house is covered in a flim of diarrhea and vomit. Blech. Scared for my little guy. BF says it's all my fault... I'm not sure how. And he is no help what-so-ever. I need a pick-me-up badly. Sorry for the downer of a post. Really REALLY hope everyone else has a better day than I'm having!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that Owen is sick. I will definatly be praying for the both of you. This is not your fault no matter what the BF says. Stay strong for your little one and stay focused on him while you deal with this. Take care and lots of prayers headed your way!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Vanessa, Prayer said for both Owen and yourself. (((Hugs)))
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!

Got out early and did my bike ride. 15 miles in 90 minutes again. Got home the girls and hubby were ready to go shopping. I got new running shoes. YAY!!!! gonna wear them all day today so they are broke in so I can run tomorrow. Scale was still up this am but I'm not worrying about it until wednesday morning. Then I might be a little PO'd.

Other good news. Hubby needed lunch on the run so he got McD's yeah I was good didn't order anything but had 1 bite from each of his sandwhiches. One FLIPPIN bite!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: then came home and had some apple slices.

Hope everyones day is going good!

Vanessa I hope they figure out what is wrong with Owen. Tell that Effin BF that this is NOT your fault.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Sam, I thought about you today while I did a measley 5 miles on the bike. My backside was hurtin'. I kept thinking you must have buns of steel to tolerate 15 miles.

Vanessa, sure hope the little guy gets figured out and feels better real soon.

I burned my 1,000 calories today that I told myself I would. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy peasy. Bike 5 miles, stairclimber 1 mile, ran 1/2 mile, elliptical 5 miles and lifted. Geez! I was starting to think I'd have to give a kidney to hit the 1,000. Durn foot better feel better fast!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot! I was getting a drink of water at the gym and I said hi to the lady beside me. We exchange hellos but never really talk. She said to me 'You are really looking slim and trim these days.' I coulda hugged her!

Shuntae, you are awesome. Actually all you 100 pounders are. I am struggling to hit my 50, working my butt off and you guys that have lost 100 or more are still kicking it and have the most amazing attitudes and are such a great support.

100 pound people rock!

Go Shuntae!
    Go Andrew!
    Go Roni!

And Tami-- and NWFamily Gal or something-- yipes-- can't remember your screen name-- but she's on our team-- 110 lost, I think--

You're awesome, people.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Update on Owen:

Vanessa-- prayers for Owen indeed-- and his mommy--

Keep us posted, sweetie-- :heart:
  • 72lori
    Options

100 pound people rock!

Go Shuntae!
    Go Andrew!
    Go Roni!

And Tami-- and NWFamily Gal or something-- yipes-- can't remember your screen name-- but she's on our team-- 110 lost, I think--

You're awesome, people.

On no! Sorry I didn't mean to miss anybody! I actually was thinking there was at least one more. Thanks Marla. I'm using this Florida heat as my excuse. Delerium.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Hey Sam. After realizing I missed somebody in the 100 pound club I thought it would be cool to know what our team has lost to date since each person has started on this journey. I bet it's a boatload of weight! I know it's not part of our weekly thing, but it would still be fun to see.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hey Sam. After realizing I missed somebody in the 100 pound club I thought it would be cool to know what our team has lost to date since each person has started on this journey. I bet it's a boatload of weight! I know it's not part of our weekly thing, but it would still be fun to see.

:blushing: Me too. Of course, it's taken me 10 years. But I did it!! :drinker:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Sam, I thought about you today while I did a measley 5 miles on the bike. My backside was hurtin'. I kept thinking you must have buns of steel to tolerate 15 miles.

Vanessa, sure hope the little guy gets figured out and feels better real soon.

I burned my 1,000 calories today that I told myself I would. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy peasy. Bike 5 miles, stairclimber 1 mile, ran 1/2 mile, elliptical 5 miles and lifted. Geez! I was starting to think I'd have to give a kidney to hit the 1,000. Durn foot better feel better fast!

Oh no!!! I have a very boney Bum so it starts to hurt at about the 3 mile mark but I know I have to burn the calories that I keep going. I say poor hubby most of the time! :wink:

finding out what we have all lost would be cool. If everyone wants to send their original start weight I will put up how much we have all lost from the begining!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Well guys official results are in for my 5k!

Place # 467-out of 1300
    Finish Time: 27:13
    Pace: 8:46

I'll take 467th in a race of over 1,300. Now to work on getting faster!

:drinker:

Wow...awesome job! 1300 runner/walkers:noway:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Vanessa, Prayers for little Owen and you. Don't buy into the guilt trip the BF is laying on you.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Back from the clinic. Severe upper respitory infection. Bed rest and fluids, along with some anti-biotics. Does floating in the pool drinking beer count as bed rest and fluids? Actually I am joking, not even a party animal like me can hang today...I'm in my dark little cave of a bedroom with a glass of water on the bedstand, trying to breathe. Maybe my sister will bring me chicken noodle soup. HAHAHA
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hey all - I need a favor.

I am getting ready to go to the hospital for an MRI to check out my back. Could you all send me some good luck vibes?

I'm really hoping this is not serious and I do not need to go in for surgery.

I am really worried and kind of scared, so if you could send me some helpful vibes, or prayers, I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks, Janie

• janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Only had time to skim, but had to post again - looks like I'm not the only one out there that needs some prayers..

Vanessa - so sorry about poor Owen. Are they checking for Lyme disease? My kids have had it a couple of time each and each time it started with vomiting and fever. Prayers for you and your son - your BF pi$$ed me off, so not so much for him (how could you possibly be responsible that your son is sick - :grumble: :noway: )

Lynnie - feel better babe.. sinus crap is the worse - feels like you will die and then you are afraid you won't. Prayers to you for a complete recovery.

Andrew - WAY TO GO on the 5K - awesome time for your first. very proud..

Off to hospital.. Janie
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Janie prayers for you sweetie