BLACK TEAM WEEK 6

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies (and gent, if you are so inclined...)

We have two weddings to go to this summer and I really like this dress...more than I want to spend, but it may be a possibility.

Opinions?

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=380475&CategoryID=22120

Shuntae - it is gorgeous, and would look fantastic on you - I'd go for it..

Same color, too? The blue?

It's gorgeous-- definitely pricy, youch-- but it's something you can keep in the closet for sure, and wear again.

Definitely the blue. As I told BF last night when I showed it to him, I am no longer the fat girl who hides in dark colors. I know, the price hurts a little...but if I do go with this one, I plan to wear it to both weddings (July 12 and Aug. 8), and I won't have to go running out to buy something else the next time I need a fancy dress. Haven't made any decisions yet, because I also want to hit up Ross, JCPenney's, etc...but if it fits, I may not be able to control myself :laugh:

A reward for your incredible achievement-- you would look beautiful in it--

Ya know Marla I have a dress in my closet for 20 yrs or so. If I ever fit in that dress I will have a party JUST so I can wear that red dress:laugh: :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

We have two weddings to go to this summer and I really like this dress...more than I want to spend, but it may be a possibility.

Opinions?

It's gorgeous-- definitely pricy, youch-- but it's something you can keep in the closet for sure, and wear again.

Definitely the blue. As I told BF last night when I showed it to him, I am no longer the fat girl who hides in dark colors. I know, the price hurts a little...but if I do go with this one, I plan to wear it to both weddings (July 12 and Aug. 8), and I won't have to go running out to buy something else the next time I need a fancy dress. Haven't made any decisions yet, because I also want to hit up Ross, JCPenney's, etc...but if it fits, I may not be able to control myself :laugh:

Ya know Marla I have a dress in my closet for 20 yrs or so. If I ever fit in that dress I will have a party JUST so I can wear that red dress:laugh: :laugh:

I have a long white dress I'm dying to fit into-- my wedding dress.

I also have the blouse I wore on my first date to my husband-- really wild print that I'll never wear again-- hmmm-- wonder if it fits now-- brb.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Opinions?

I have a long white dress I'm dying to fit into-- my wedding dress.

I also have the blouse I wore on my first date to my husband-- really wild print that I'll never wear again-- hmmm-- wonder if it fits now-- brb.

well...............I am waiting ................I bet it fits!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    0620091020.jpg

Yes, Ma'am-- but what was I thinking? LOL

Actually, I can wear it with khaki shorts or pants--
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    0620091020.jpg

Whoo hoo...You go girl!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Way to go Marla!!! You can wear whatever you want! Hope you are all having a great day! I won't be around too much today!!! Until I leave I will be lurking I'm sure.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    My first 5K is in the books. I posted earlier that I was having knee issues so I just walked this one. Finished in 48 minutes. Not bad, had a blast with my girlfriend who walked it with me. Hubby says if we had talked less maybe we would have gone faster.

Do a 5K......check
  • Marla64
    Options
    My first 5K is in the books. I posted earlier that I was having knee issues so I just walked this one. Finished in 48 minutes. Not bad, had a blast with my girlfriend who walked it with me. Hubby says if we had talked less maybe we would have gone faster.

Do a 5K......check

Oh, what do husbands know? :laugh:

Glad you had fun-- hope your knee gets better!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Sam-glad to hear you have your first 5 K down. That's great and it's always wonderful to have a friend right along beside you. As long as you had a good time and finished it don't pay no attention to your hubby. LOL!! I think it is great!

Hope your knee gets better soon!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Sam-glad to hear you have your first 5 K down. That's great and it's always wonderful to have a friend right along beside you. As long as you had a good time and finished it don't pay no attention to your hubby. LOL!! I think it is great!

Hope your knee gets better soon!

That is bobbie not me. Pics look alike but she is braver then I am. I can't show my belly!!:wink:
  • Marla64
    Options
    I can't either-- it's some scary *kitten*-- :wink: :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options

Too funny. You at least have enough kids to blame for it. I only have 2 to take the blame. The other 2 of ours can't take the heat for my body!

Went out for a run with my new insoles for my shoes that I bought last night. They were ones from running at Finish Line, $20 for the darn things. No improvment, in fact worse. I now have blisters and my one toe bled from being too tight in the shoes. I knew it hurt but didn't realize it was bleeding until after I got home and took off the socks. I'm putting back in the old ones.

I see new running shoes in my future.... I tried on these sweeeet Asics for a mere $140. Ouch-a-rooney. Not sure I can do that, although one never knows. I bet the $160 were even better but I didn't temp myself by putting them on my feet.
  • Marla64
    Options

Too funny. You at least have enough kids to blame for it. I only have 2 to take the blame. The other 2 of ours can't take the heat for my body!

Went out for a run with my new insoles for my shoes that I bought last night. They were ones from running at Finish Line, $20 for the darn things. No improvment, in fact worse. I now have blisters and my one toe bled from being too tight in the shoes. I knew it hurt but didn't realize it was bleeding until after I got home and took off the socks. I'm putting back in the old ones.

I see new running shoes in my future.... I tried on these sweeeet Asics for a mere $140. Ouch-a-rooney. Not sure I can do that, although one never knows. I bet the $160 were even better but I didn't temp myself by putting them on my feet.

My husband swears by the insoles-- I hate 'em.

I'm running right now in $25 Walmart running shoes-- and have no pain-- total blessing.
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone!

My goal is to burn 3000 calories between today and tomorrow. I've been really horrible at working out lately and I think I really need a good kick in the tushy. :wink: (doing good at eating though!!!!)

BF's family birthday party tonight. We're havin steak and mashed potatos. I think I'm just going to keep my portions small and enjoy it. :bigsmile:

Owen's still sick. I was up with him and his poor hurting tummy til almost 2am. I feel so horrible when he's in so much pain and there's nothing I can do to help him. Called the nurse line last night and they said that it can take a while for intestinal viruses to work themselves out so I guess we're just waiting, trying to keep his diet bland and easy to digest and hoping it goes away soon. Poor baby. :sad:

Okay, I'm stalling. Peace out peeps! :heart:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Vanessa - sorry to hear that Owen is still feeling lousy. We've seen that kind of virus - wrecks your insides for a few days - good plan to just keep him on bland food and drink - ginger ale always works wonders for us, if he will drink it

Marla - you rule - nice job getting into that shirt - wedding dress is not far behind.

Bobbi - congrats on your 5K!! - awesome job!! tell your dh that you might have gone a little faster, but it wouldn't have been half as fun..

Shuntae - we all want to see pics of you in that dress if you do decide to wear it.. I think you would make it look awesome.

Renae, Jeannie, Sam, Sara (where are you lately dear?), Andrew/Beth (sorry I think of you as one - you are such a great couple), Roni, Lynnie, April, and everyone else - hope everyone is doing well with the challenge.

We are having Chinese food tonight, which I know will totally mess with my water weight, but I plan to drown it out with water the next few days. Just can't bring myself to make dinner tonight and those raw chicken breasts in the fridge just weren't speaking to me. Ever have one of those days??

Peace all.. Janie
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    0620091020.jpg

OMG!! Fantastic!!

:drinker: IT FITS!! WOOT!!!:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Do a 5K......check

That is great!! :flowerforyou:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Vanessa - sorry to hear that Owen is still feeling lousy. We've seen that kind of virus - wrecks your insides for a few days - good plan to just keep him on bland food and drink - ginger ale always works wonders for us, if he will drink it

Marla - you rule - nice job getting into that shirt - wedding dress is not far behind.

Bobbi - congrats on your 5K!! - awesome job!! tell your dh that you might have gone a little faster, but it wouldn't have been half as fun..

Shuntae - we all want to see pics of you in that dress if you do decide to wear it.. I think you would make it look awesome.

Renae, Jeannie, Sam, Sara (where are you lately dear?), Andrew/Beth (sorry I think of you as one - you are such a great couple), Roni, Lynnie, April, and everyone else - hope everyone is doing well with the challenge.

We are having Chinese food tonight, which I know will totally mess with my water weight, but I plan to drown it out with water the next few days. Just can't bring myself to make dinner tonight and those raw chicken breasts in the fridge just weren't speaking to me. Ever have one of those days??

Peace all.. Janie

Mostly all days in which I have to cook turn into one of those days. I feel like I do the same meals over and over and over and I get soooo bored with all of it. Chinese sounds yummy.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Peace all.. Janie

We had Chinese tonight too. Didn't really feel like cooking, which would have required majoir grocery shopping and we were both lazy tonight. Had an egg roll for the first time in ages, and it was sooooo good.