Options
    quiet day in here today!

Sure is. Maybe everyone is having marathon workouts. :laugh:

Did that already. I think I'm going to head out too. Night

Night.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Sam-Hope you had a great day. And good night since I missed you today.

Shuntae-Very pretty dress! I hope you love it so you rock it girl! Blue is my favorite color and it will look awesome on you!

Ok I spent 30 minutes playing badminton and 1 hour 35 minutes power walking and burned 1050 calories this evening. The humidity is so high out here tonight. My whole shirt is wet! But I feel good and am now off to get a shower! Hope you are all doing great!!! Woohoo!!! And still have not had any candy or sodas. Yay!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Shuntae- great dress. Do it.

Marla- I agree with lurking on the message boards, sometimes it seems like all I did/do. I make a point to only come to this thread, I don't spend as much time doing it then.

Sam- that is a lot of freaking calories! I thought 5,000 was a hard reach.

Jeannie- glad I can help get your rear end movin'

Janie- it will get better, hang in there

Renae- way to burn those calories! It's hot as heck here too.

I way overdid it on my calories today and I honestly don't care. It's the first I've indulged and not felt 'guilty'. I'm working my tail off this week, so I figure it's no biggie. We went to Outback and I ate more than enough (bloomin' onion, bread, salad oozing in ranch, 6 oz sirloin, baked potato, and mushrooms) and then to top it off still had a sweet tooth and got an ice cream cone at McDonalds.

Fine, so I may have eaten all the calories I've worked off right back, but yeah, oh well. I figure I still have 4 days to kick that pound I want to see gone. Sort of. I want to take off Sunday, we'll see if I can hit my 5,000 goal tomorrow. 700 to go.

My only regret with my dinner choice was that I now have some butt kicking reflux going on. Fire extinguisher please! I can't seem to find TUMS, guess I haven't used them much since I lost weight and never restocked when they ran out. Go figure. I used to always have them on hand. Isn't it funny how you dont' even realize stuff like that?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Lori, do you have a peppermint? Helps me everytime. I keep candycanes!!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Lori-Thank God for Zantacs! They are wonderful for acid reflux! I learned to love them pills when I started having stomach problems. Turned out my dr didn't know what she was talking about when she told me I had acid reflux. I did have it BUT she failed to tell me that I also had gallstones out the wazoo! And that was making me sick! But you dinner sounds wonderful! Wish I had me some of that steak right now even though it is late. I haven't had a good steak in well over a month now. You are still doing awesome and isn't it good to have a down day too? I still have right around 900 calories or so to eat and it is way too late to eat anything big. May eat me some fat free ice cream or some orange sherbet.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Jeannie- no peppermint, I usually have Breath Saver mints around, but for some reason I didn't buy peppermint, they are spearmint. Blah. They make it worse. It will be alright, thanks.

I still don't feel guilty about eating the way I did. I do however feel GROSS! That'll teach me to not feel guilty. It gets you one way or the other every darn time, huh?
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Jeannie- no peppermint, I usually have Breath Saver mints around, but for some reason I didn't buy peppermint, they are spearmint. Blah. They make it worse. It will be alright, thanks.

I still don't feel guilty about eating the way I did. I do however feel GROSS! That'll teach me to not feel guilty. It gets you one way or the other every darn time, huh?

Make sure it's not your gall bladder-- youch!!
  • 72lori
    Options

I'm sure. Funny you should say that, I've always wondered about mine. I had a lot of problems my mom had and eventually her's turned out to be gall bladder and once she had it removed she feels so much better. I will say losing the weight has helped with most of my reflux/indigestion issues.

The bloomin' onion is a big ole blommin mistake- onions and I don't really get along- but I ate it anyway. Glutton that I am. Although I have eaten cooked onions in other stuff I've made recently and been fine. Maybe it's the onion and incredibly high fat content I'm quite sure I ingested. Blah.

It's sort of like the morning after a drunken night of stupidness... right now I'm thinking 'What did I do?'

Ah well, it's all good. Can't decide to head to the gym or hit the elliptical. Regardless I want to knock out at least 700 caloires so I can do nuttin' tomorrow.

Happy Saturday Black Team.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I am really lucky that I dont get heartburn too often, but I believe a bloomin onion would do the trick:laugh:

Hope you fell better this morning!:flowerforyou:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

I'm sure. Funny you should say that, I've always wondered about mine. I had a lot of problems my mom had and eventually her's turned out to be gall bladder and once she had it removed she feels so much better. I will say losing the weight has helped with most of my reflux/indigestion issues.

The bloomin' onion is a big ole blommin mistake- onions and I don't really get along- but I ate it anyway. Glutton that I am. Although I have eaten cooked onions in other stuff I've made recently and been fine. Maybe it's the onion and incredibly high fat content I'm quite sure I ingested. Blah.

It's sort of like the morning after a drunken night of stupidness... right now I'm thinking 'What did I do?'

Ah well, it's all good. Can't decide to head to the gym or hit the elliptical. Regardless I want to knock out at least 700 caloires so I can do nuttin' tomorrow.

i haven't had heartburn since i was pregnant over 3 years ago, then last week i ate half a cheeseburger from friendly's and felt gross and had heartburn for the rest of the day. i'm thinking it's because i've cut way back on the amount of fat that i eat and my body didn't like having all that fat at once.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Morning all!!

I'm headed out for that jog. The whole fam is going so it should be fun!:ohwell:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

i haven't had heartburn since i was pregnant over 3 years ago, then last week i ate half a cheeseburger from friendly's and felt gross and had heartburn for the rest of the day. i'm thinking it's because i've cut way back on the amount of fat that i eat and my body didn't like having all that fat at once.
    Hi Beth!! I am thankful for moments like those............makes it so much easier to NOT have a burger at Friendlys again:laugh: :laugh:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies (and gent, if you are so inclined...)

We have two weddings to go to this summer and I really like this dress...more than I want to spend, but it may be a possibility.

Opinions?

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=380475&CategoryID=22120

Shuntae - it is gorgeous, and would look fantastic on you - I'd go for it..
  • Marla64
    Options
    I am really lucky that I dont get heartburn too often, but I believe a bloomin onion would do the trick:laugh:

Aww mannnn-- but a way to go.

I haven't had one in five years, but I loooove them.
  • Marla64
    Options

We have two weddings to go to this summer and I really like this dress...more than I want to spend, but it may be a possibility.

Opinions?

Same color, too? The blue?

It's gorgeous-- definitely pricy, youch-- but it's something you can keep in the closet for sure, and wear again.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Opinions?

It's gorgeous-- definitely pricy, youch-- but it's something you can keep in the closet for sure, and wear again.

I was now able to go see the dress..............Oh you SO need to get this dress!! You lost 100 pounds...........you HAVE to look HOT HOT HOT!!

Now I want this dress:grumble:

:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Aww mannnn-- but a way to go.

I haven't had one in five years, but I loooove them.

the last one I ate was at the Broward County Fair. We were walking around and I got to hold the stupid plate. I was so sick all night I never had another!:tongue:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Opinions?

Definitely the blue. As I told BF last night when I showed it to him, I am no longer the fat girl who hides in dark colors. I know, the price hurts a little...but if I do go with this one, I plan to wear it to both weddings (July 12 and Aug. 8), and I won't have to go running out to buy something else the next time I need a fancy dress. Haven't made any decisions yet, because I also want to hit up Ross, JCPenney's, etc...but if it fits, I may not be able to control myself :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options

Opinions?

Definitely the blue. As I told BF last night when I showed it to him, I am no longer the fat girl who hides in dark colors. I know, the price hurts a little...but if I do go with this one, I plan to wear it to both weddings (July 12 and Aug. 8), and I won't have to go running out to buy something else the next time I need a fancy dress. Haven't made any decisions yet, because I also want to hit up Ross, JCPenney's, etc...but if it fits, I may not be able to control myself :laugh:

A reward for your incredible achievement-- you would look beautiful in it--