BLACK TEAM WEEK 6

Options
This week we are going to do our version of lent!
give up something for one whole week! An dno you can't give up exercising!:laugh: Or eating right!:laugh:

Mine going to be peanut butter!

Good Luck everyone!!

Replies

• Lookgreat
    Lookgreat Posts: 63
    Options
    Ok will give up eating processed food - or at least reduce the number of times I reach for it to half. Will eat all fresh . Good luck to me !:smile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Let's see-- if I give up peanut butter-- I'd have no lunch.

Coffee? Not on your life.

This one always gets me--

:ohwell:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    My vice. Taco Bell. Damn that grilled chicken taco with it's avacado ranch sauce at 440 calories each. Double damn those 200 calories pina colada frutista freeze's which I really love to take home and add a shot of rum to.
    (Plateau, maybe not!)
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Great Challenge. I am going to give up Subway. I could eat that every day for every meal, but the 1500 mg of sodium is so not good! I usually have it about 2 a week, but not this week! good luck everyone and I'll be popping in and out today!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,751 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I gotta think about this one. It doesn't count to give up something unless it's a little hard to do so... right? I'm with Marla on peanut butter- no way. It's my treat on an apple when I need a sweet fix. Without that I'd be eating all sorts of crappola. I could give up the computer but well, I need it to log my foods. :wink:

Need to give it some thought.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Oh, thanks Sam..

OK, in honor of my friend Dave (who I miss dearly), I am giving up refined sugar..

No more candy, cakes, soy ice cream, etc. and my breakfast cereal will have no more than 4 grams of sugar per serving..

I know he is smiling somewhere - and I am already jonesing (spelling?)

Janie
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,751 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: I wubs my scale this monring. :heart: :heart:

Disclaimer: Results are not typical.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Oh, thanks Sam..

OK, in honor of my friend Dave (who I miss dearly), I am giving up refined sugar..

No more candy, cakes, soy ice cream, etc. and my breakfast cereal will have no more than 4 grams of sugar per serving..

Janie

beautiful-- ditto.

Love it, Janie--
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Oh, thanks Sam..

Janie

beautiful-- ditto.

Love it, Janie--

Thanks Marla.. :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I have to think hard about this one...I'll come back with one.

GOOD MORNING!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Oh, thanks Sam..

Janie

Make it a double! I'm in with you, Janie! Instead of shoving my face full of sugar-laden foods this week, I will read a chapter of Sugar Busters a day instead. :drinker: Crap...should have read this before I ate that Peach Stonyfield Farms Yogurt. That stuff is crazy!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    :heart: :heart: I wubs my scale this monring. :heart: :heart:

Disclaimer: Results are not typical.

WOOT! WTG, Lori!!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Great Challenge. I am going to give up Subway. I could eat that every day for every meal, but the 1500 mg of sodium is so not good! I usually have it about 2 a week, but not this week! good luck everyone and I'll be popping in and out today!

Good luck with that! Although it is the "healthy" fast food, it is nuts with sodium! Great self-challenge, Jenny!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i'll give up wine (again) :laugh: it snuck back in when i wasn't looking.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I lost one pound!!! YAY!!!! I know what I have to do to keep losing lets see if I can do it!!
  • Supagurl
    Supagurl Posts: 75
    Options
    Good Morning to everyone!

Great challenge Sam, i guess mine would have to be the donuts, huh?:bigsmile:
    i can do it, just as long as none of my kids or hubby like mention the word....maybe the hubby will just go to the store for me this week....that way i'm not even tempted.....and lock myself in the house, have him hide my truck keys, i live 2 minutes from the store..so he'll have to chain me to the chair, lock me in the closet?!?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I guess if he would do all that, i can do it:grumble: :laugh: just throw me some bread and water 3x's a day, i'll be ok:ohwell: :tongue:

no, really i think what i'll do is...every time i get a cravin for a donut..i'll take a walk, get on the health rider, or my ab lounger..hey, light bulb...good idea...every craving i get for the bad D word....i'll just EXERCISE!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Thanks Sam maybe these last 20 lbs or so will come off faster lol lol:wink:
    BUT I STILL :heart: 'S MY DONUTS!!!!!!!!!!:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
    and i think i'll bury one in the backyard....ya know just to say goodbye:wink::tongue: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • laniirvin
    laniirvin Posts: 94
    Options
    Congrats everyone on your loses!! I too lost two pounds this week, that is with the compiled stress of school. My big exam is tomorrow, so I am not done stressing yet. I like this weeks challenge, I am going to give up on my ice cream that I eat maybe 4 times a week. Everyone have a great day. Leilani
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Good morning All! I don't think there will be any bike riding today. It's nasty and raining AGAIN! Every day this week....uugghhh!! Anyway, I have plenty of other things to do like the elliptical machine, 30 Day Shred, and plenty of other videos. And I do need to clean house since I am off today.
    I'm not too sure what I can give up this week. My weakness is soft drinks and I gave those up the other week when we weren't supposed to have any drinks with sodium in them. I don't know if I want to do that again. But that may be what it comes down to. I am gonna think on this one too!
    Hope you are all having a great day!!!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    tagging for later :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    my scale isn't being kind-- due tomorrow for you know who--

Not sweating it-- I've been good. It'll come back off.

But, I'm not changing my ticker. :grumble: