BLACK TEAM WEEK 6

Options

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Thanks, I needed that. I'm feeling the effects of this 5,000 calorie burned thing right about now. Doing the exercise is not the problem, the soreness that is now setting in is a problem. Monday and Tuesady I really thought I may be able to hit my 7,000 that I initially said I would like to. Right now I have a different story, I'm not even gonna try! I will still try to hit my 5,000 though. It's only 1900 more. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it..... I'll never say I'll do it again. I'll never say I'll do it again.

Plus, not sure how much to eat with burning that kind of calorie. It sort of feels like it defeats the purpose if I burn 1,000 just to eat 1,000 more. I ate around 1550-1600 the last 2 days. I'm feeling pretty tired and lethargic right now, so I'm thinking it wasn't enough. Either that or it was the alarm clock that went off at 5:30 AM. One or the other.

Lori - we just chatted about this a few minutes ago, but I'm having calorie issues, too. I think we need counseling. *hugs* :heart:

The calories in vs. the calories out mystery continues.

It's a hard call. I'm working out to burn fat. I need to remember that if I'm working that hard I need to eat more. Even though it just seems wrong! It's all the garbage we've been 'told' over the years- eat less burn more.

Please be careful with overtraining and not eating enough...ya'll are wearing me out and making me hungry like I didn't just eat dinner!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Thanks, I needed that. I'm feeling the effects of this 5,000 calorie burned thing right about now. Doing the exercise is not the problem, the soreness that is now setting in is a problem. Monday and Tuesady I really thought I may be able to hit my 7,000 that I initially said I would like to. Right now I have a different story, I'm not even gonna try! I will still try to hit my 5,000 though. It's only 1900 more. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it..... I'll never say I'll do it again. I'll never say I'll do it again.

Plus, not sure how much to eat with burning that kind of calorie. It sort of feels like it defeats the purpose if I burn 1,000 just to eat 1,000 more. I ate around 1550-1600 the last 2 days. I'm feeling pretty tired and lethargic right now, so I'm thinking it wasn't enough. Either that or it was the alarm clock that went off at 5:30 AM. One or the other.

Lori - we just chatted about this a few minutes ago, but I'm having calorie issues, too. I think we need counseling. *hugs* :heart:

The calories in vs. the calories out mystery continues.

It's a hard call. I'm working out to burn fat. I need to remember that if I'm working that hard I need to eat more. Even though it just seems wrong! It's all the garbage we've been 'told' over the years- eat less burn more.

Please be careful with overtraining and not eating enough...ya'll are wearing me out and making me hungry like I didn't just eat dinner!
    [/quote

so what'd ya have?? cuz I had 3 pieces of pizza THUS the need to run like an idiot (and I dont mean figurativley) to burn off 300 cals so I would be in my 1400 range!!:laugh:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Day 1 without sweets in the bag. Didn't even want them today, so I'm glad for that.

Got in 42.5 (40 min workout plus 2.5 min cool down) min on the elliptical today. I'm proud of myself for that because I sooooooooooo didn't feel like it. The rain and grossness makes me want to be lazy, but I knew I had to do it today. Never thought I would say it, but thank goodness for Beltway traffic! My BFF was telling me about a doctor in the hospital she works at...this lady is 87 years old and in my friend's Zumba class! I no longer have any valid excuses about not working out.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I feel like such a snob. I have never welcomed the new BT members, and rarely have time to address your posts. I read and learn from all of you,so please accept my humble apology.

Sam-Hi! PB huh? Good luck with that. It would take more than a trunk lock to keep me from my Organic PB!!

Renae-20 pounds, your doing great!

Andrew and Beth- Looking good, glad y'all get back to work

Marla- I am so sorry about Sarah, So happy for you and your son and love your slap the crap outta smiley!!

Fam Girl-giving up PB is like givein up oxygen for me!! Good for you on your choice and good luck!

Bobbi- thanks a LOT for showing my 48 yr old *kitten* up!! NOW I have to kick up the core exercise!!

Sara- well you know honey. keep up the good work

MT- sorry you gained a pound...but if I finally lose one will you feel you were charitable??

Lani-Hello! Nice to meet you

Kati-my love...doing great as usual. NOTE from my coworkers-they want the big stall during break time-TOUGH I have to do side leg lifts and push ups!!

Roni-`108 WOOT!!! You have lost an 18 yr old ME!!

Vanessa-good for you on the scale thing. This is how bad it is for me. My friend has my scale in her trunk. Went to the dr with my DH today SO I could weigh myself...

Jcarter-Good choice on the fast food. I lost my 1st 10 changing only that!!

Kristina-nice to meet you and your little dog...SUP??

supersarah-wow. all sweets? you are daring. make sure your family knows why you are a bit edgy

Jani-hows your back girl?? PT going Ok??

Lashawn, I talked to ya ealier....Hold your head up and see your beauty!!

Lookgreat-good luck and nice to meet ya!

Lynnie- thanks for the support! At least you dont come with a stinkin underwire!!

Thin4payton-nice to meet you!! our lil one is adorable!

April-wow your doign great honey! 85 freaking pounds, you ROCK!! Nothing with a hole in it for you this week, hear?!

Lori-I am so tired, how ya doing?? Looking good in that AV. your family is lovely!

Toniann-so cute, those babies!! I just wanna kiss their little cheeks.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Day 1 without sweets in the bag. Didn't even want them today, so I'm glad for that.

Got in 42.5 (40 min workout plus 2.5 min cool down) min on the elliptical today. I'm proud of myself for that because I sooooooooooo didn't feel like it. The rain and grossness makes me want to be lazy, but I knew I had to do it today. Never thought I would say it, but thank goodness for Beltway traffic! My BFF was telling me about a doctor in the hospital she works at...this lady is 87 years old and in my friend's Zumba class! I no longer have any valid excuses about not working out.

:laugh: I felt the same way at the gym the other day. There was a woman on the machines infront of me. Around 70 I would say. she was smiling and upping the weights. I just smiled back but found myself doing an extra set. Well she got me good when she went to the stretching area and did a full our scissor split!! OMG I would be like a wish bone if I did that......SNAP:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    I am careful with the overtraining with not eating enough. Been there done that when I started going to the gym and working out more. I found out real fast 1200 calories wasn't enough. I sort of felt like I do today. I thought I could get away with it for a short period of time, you know, snap it back in gear. Not so much.

If I'm going to burn 1,000 calories for more than one day in a row, I'm going to have to eat accordingly. Here and there getting that kind of burn and not eating enough will be fine, not on a consistent basis.

I don't eat all my exercise calories. I try to figure out a happy balance. I had been eating 1800 on hard workout days but I wasn't doing them back to back. Who knows!

What I do know is I am ready for bed. Although, I think i ate half a watermelon while I was making dinner. That ought to haunt me all night long.

Shuntae- Beltway traffic. Are you nuts? We lived in Calvert County before we moved here. I never liked or even remotely thought beltway traffic was good.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    I am careful with the overtraining with not eating enough. Been there done that when I started going to the gym and working out more. I found out real fast 1200 calories wasn't enough. I sort of felt like I do today. I thought I could get away with it for a short period of time, you know, snap it back in gear. Not so much.

If I'm going to burn 1,000 calories for more than one day in a row, I'm going to have to eat accordingly. Here and there getting that kind of burn and not eating enough will be fine, not on a consistent basis.

I don't eat all my exercise calories. I try to figure out a happy balance. I had been eating 1800 on hard workout days but I wasn't doing them back to back. Who knows!

What I do know is I am ready for bed. Although, I think i ate half a watermelon while I was making dinner. That ought to haunt me all night long.

Shuntae- Beltway traffic. Are you nuts? We lived in Calvert County before we moved here. I never liked or even remotely thought beltway traffic was good.

LOL Since I leave work at 4:30, I can usually avoid a fair amount of traffic and be home by 5:15. I only said it was a good thing today because it slowed down a little right before the exit I take to go to the gym. Going there is a great way to kill time. Plus, the Baltimore Beltway is nowhere near as horrible as the Cap. Beltway. I refuse to drive 495 unless absolutely necessary.

Oh, I forgot to tell yall...I have just about lost my sister! (She weighs 104.5 :bigsmile: )
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Are the results up yet? I didnt see them, I didnt lose this week, but I am ok with that I didnt eat the best I could last week, so back to the ole band wagon , didnt eat what I wanted today. This is my 3rd biggest loser, so I am goona hit a pleatu eventually, I am 12 pounds 13 pounds away from goal weight.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Sure I passed out cold from not eating and exercising too much. that was years ago and not even the DOCTOR told me why I passed out. Only told me to eat more. It took Banks to teach my how and why.

Good night Lori!!

I cant wait to toast your 52 pound weight loss next week (and my 136......please Dear Lord)
  • arewethereyet
    Options

LOL Since I leave work at 4:30, I can usually avoid a fair amount of traffic and be home by 5:15. I only said it was a good thing today because it slowed down a little right before the exit I take to go to the gym. Going there is a great way to kill time. Plus, the Baltimore Beltway is nowhere near as horrible as the Cap. Beltway. I refuse to drive 495 unless absolutely necessary.

Oh, I forgot to tell yall...I have just about lost my sister! (She weighs 104.5 :bigsmile: )

:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Are the results up yet? I didnt see them, I didnt lose this week, but I am ok with that I didnt eat the best I could last week, so back to the ole band wagon , didnt eat what I wanted today. This is my 3rd biggest loser, so I am goona hit a pleatu eventually, I am 12 pounds 13 pounds away from goal weight.

Hellooooooooooooo 110 pounds lost!! That is crazy!! How many 100 pound losers do we have on this team!! Amazing ppl you all are!

WOOT!!!:drinker:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I guess I am gonna give up candy for this week. For some reason I have been craving it and not sure why. I am hoping gum doesn't qualify for that because I gotta have that so I don't eat so much at work. And I didn't do any kind of exercise today unless you count going to the grocery store and I know I didn't get my heart rate up enough for it to mount up to anything. Tomorrow will be a better day. Then this afternoon my mom was making fried pies.....again. Blackberry and my favorite-strawberry! Dang it!! It's not bad enough that it is sweets but they are FRIED SWEETS! Uugghhhh!!! Sounds like you all are doing so great so it's time for me to kick it up a notch so you all can be proud to have me on your team like I am proud to be on your team!!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Clean up complete. Nearly 10 hours of it. Forgot my to get my hrm going a couple of times (it's a cheap-y). Burned well over 1400 calories. I'm beat. I may not be able to move tomorrow....we'll see. But, I'm very proud of what I accomplished, especially since DH was not able to get off of work, so he didn't get home until after 5:30....anyway. Just waiting on DH.

Niighty Night friends!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Time for the bed time post!

Punished myself good at the gym. Ran my 5k and did some serious strength training and some yoga stretches. Really pushed myself on the treamill tonight throwing in some 10 mph sprints on of which lasted for 5 minuetes. Man are my legs grumpy now. lol . I am totally excited yet freaked out because my 5k is this sunday. I know it will be loads of fun, I just have this habit of running to fast and getting to tired. I have to focus on pacing myself.

Everyone is doing such an incredible job I wish I had time to address everyone individually but alas I am sleepy. Just a few shout outs tonight.

Marla-Again we find ourselves like two ships that pass in the night. lol Busy little bees we are. Pat the graduate on the back for me and I hope you and your family are blessed today.

Samantha-How's the training going for the big run at disney?

Jeannie-Have I told you how adorably positive you are! A great example to the rest of us and a darn good friend too!

Shuntae-WTG on getting yourself moving at the gym. The workouts we do when we don't feel like it are the most important ones.

Lori-Jeannie is right, eat woman eat. Your body needs it.

Roni-108 dang pounds... sheesh woman here I am staring at your ever shrinking back side again. Hard keeping up with you! amazing work!

To the rest of you,

Much love and blessings to all!

NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

PEACE OUT GIRL SCOUTS.

:drinker: :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Wow-- I am so bloomin' tired I can't see straight-- hello my beloved team.

We're getting a good test of what life will be like if my mother-in-law comes to live with us, and it will certainly tax us. We're in a very rare situation-- teens graduating high school, toddlers cutting teeth and elderly parents needing around the clock care. These are the times that try mens souls, my friends-- I pray that I am found worthy when all is said and done.

This day found us on the go from the moment we awoke. Shopping for graduation dinner barbeque goodies, cake baking, fruit salad making, macaroni salad prepping-- the house was abuzz. Plus we need to assign one body to Caleb and one to grandma at all times. Interesting stuff.

The graduation was lovely. Had to be moved indoors-- bit rainy. Thankfully I was able to get grandma a seat, but oh my poor piggies-- three students families had to pick up posthumous diplomas for their deceased children-- heartbreaking-- we are blessed my friends. Nobody needs the reminder more than yours truly--

Dragging my weary behind to bed-- don't know when I'll get my typing done, but it can't be done tonight.

Hug your babies, kiss your spouse-- trials be damned-- we're blessed, folks.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm beat I just did 8 hours of math homework and a test that I failed!! great!:grumble:

I will try to get the results up sometime tomorrow. I am planing on spending most of the day with my youngest. We were out all day with the oldest today so Ava is ALL MINE tomorrow!!

Night night!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Morning all!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Grr. I just typed out a big long response and clicked something and it's all gone. So. Good morning. I'll try again later.
  • renae77
    Options
    Good morning all!! No one is about on this Thursday morning!! Where are you? I think I am giving up candy and gonna try to give up the soft drinks again this week. I didn't fair too well with that one the other week. So now it's time for me to kick it up a notch with Jeannie and Lori and all the others wanting to get this done. I don't care if I am my goal weight by the end of summer but I would like to be there before Christmas. Ok so I gotta get some cleaning done and get my workout in today and drink my water! Plus I gotta get some chicken in the crock pot because I am making chicken casserole for supper so I have to get a move on! Everyone have a great day!
    Marla-you are one of the strongest women I know. You are totally awesome!
  • renae77
    Options
    Grr. I just typed out a big long response and clicked something and it's all gone. So. Good morning. I'll try again later.

Lori I have done the same thing and it always makes me sooo mad when that happens!! Poor girl!