Fat =/= curvy

Options

Replies

• tanyalevan
    tanyalevan Posts: 182
    Options
    You can still be "obese" but have curvy measurements like a woman's waist could still be significantly smaller than her hips but you just can't see it till she is undressed...

I know. I mentioned that in the original post.

Then I don't understand how do you define someone as curvy without getting out the measuring tape??

I define someone as curvy by the way they look. Some people have 'curvy' measurements but don't look curvy to me, but that's just me.

There you go! That's how others see it too but in their own way including the media ! That Guy from fat feeders sees obese as curvy....that's just how society is
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    curves are like hills on a road, smoothly going up and down, gentle undulations of the earth, like soundwaves you can run your fingers along.

The McDonalds arches are not curves. They are dents created by an overabundance of padding which becomes pinched under its own weight. This is not curves. It has the potential to become curves... but right now it is simply that, layers of excess resting on each other due to the way it is connected to the lean mass.

cruves =/= rolls

/rantface

from someone who bled, sweated and cried her way to curves, fat =/= curvy.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm curvy... always have been, always will be(small waist with wide hips and big *kitten*).

Now that I've lost the extra weight though, I look curvy and slim instead of curvy and wide.. which I like.

Some people think that you will always be curvy despite the weight.. and thats not true in my book. If nothing is defined, then you are not curvy.. you need to have definition in order to be curvy, I believe at least.
  • tanyalevan
    Options
    If anything it's more irritating when the media call shapeless skinny women curvy that's what irritates me... Like that Pippa Middleton everyone went crazy about her supposedly amazing behind...my bf and I don't see anything there it's just flat :-/

OMG, YES! That whole thing annoyed the **** out of me. THIS is what I call an *kitten*.

7088387559_e2760d30e3.jpg

Not this

pippa-middleton-*kitten*.jpg

Amen siesta friend!!!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    You can still be "obese" but have curvy measurements like a woman's waist could still be significantly smaller than her hips but you just can't see it till she is undressed...

Then I don't understand how do you define someone as curvy without getting out the measuring tape??

I define someone as curvy by the way they look. Some people have 'curvy' measurements but don't look curvy to me, but that's just me.

There you go! That's how others see it too but in their own way including the media ! That Guy from fat feeders sees obese as curvy....that's just how society is

So a small waist and larger hips isn't seen as curvy?

So a straight waist, narrow hips or just rolls upon rolls of fat is curvy?

We might as well make up our own definitions for everything then!
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    uhhh yeah CURVES are not ROLLS......!!!!
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    It is irritating!! But it's like the unspoken PC definition of fat.

But that happened to a lot of words that used to be positive about body shape:
    Curvy = Fat
    Voluptuous = Obese
    Rubenesque = Morbidly Obese
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

So a small waist and larger hips isn't seen as curvy?

So a straight waist, narrow hips or just rolls upon rolls of fat is curvy?

We might as well make up our own definitions for everything then!

Im sticking with my opinion that curves are soft, firm! soundwaves and fat wobbles all over and has dents and is an unsafe driving surface due to instability.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    I'm curvy... always have been, always will be(small waist with wide hips and big *kitten*).

Now that I've lost the extra weight though, I look curvy and slim instead of curvy and wide.. which I like.

Some people think that you will always be curvy despite the weight.. and thats not true in my book. If nothing is defined, then you are not curvy.. you need to have definition in order to be curvy, I believe at least.

I agree with you there, but even at my biggest, I still had a 15" difference between my hips and my waist. It just gets more obvious as I drop the lbs.

E.G;

This is me at one of my slimmest weights;

7081859589_762e5beabe.jpg

At least 2 stone heavier;

7081859839_4c31d39121.jpg

And now;

6953207494_4ac1023831.jpg

See? Even with the weight, I am still curvy. So, it's not necessarily that when you put on weight, your curves disappear. It just depends how defined your curves were in the first place.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

Curvy = Fat
    Voluptuous = Obese

^^it's to make people feel better about themselves. Many a time I have seen a fat woman say 'I love my curves!'. I wish we could just be real here and stick to definitions.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

Curvy = Fat
    Voluptuous = Obese

WTF!!

We need to take these words back.

TAKE THEM BACK!

Curvy = Sleek and rounded in feminine places, ie T&A
    Voluptuous = bigger curves, as in - more volume in the rounded areas
    Rubenesque = padded curves, usually on the border between healthy and a few pounds overweight.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

Curvy = Fat
    Voluptuous = Obese

WTF!!

We need to take these words back.

TAKE THEM BACK!

Curvy = Sleek and rounded in feminine places, ie T&A
    Voluptuous = bigger curves, as in - more volume in the rounded areas
    Rubenesque = padded curves, usually on the border between healthy and a few pounds overweight.

Now THOSE are REAL definitions. Thank God!
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. Last night i was watching something, think it was called Fat Feeders and it was about men who love their women big. When i say big, the bigger the better. This mans wife was about 650lbs and her husband was on about society and how curves are so much better. Im sorry but a woman at 650lbs is not "curvy", she's dangerously over weight. I consider curvy as someone like Marilyn Monroe.

Haha, I know!!! That's lumpy, not curvy!
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Three different curvy women with different body types;

Muscle;

7088388567_3bb3eb07ba.jpg

Slightly chubby;

7088389127_7ed3e6cb4d.jpg

Slim;

6942319236_ff116af383.jpg

And the woman in the pink top. She's fat, but has a curvy stomach and I bet if she lost weight, she'd have similar curves to Kim;

fat-curvy-slender-sexy-body.jpg

Call me crazy but I consider all of these women overweight except Natalie Portman.
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options
    What annoys me more is 'voluptuous'.

Hmm, I hear you, but in my mind, that conjures up people who aren't necessarily curvy, but have lots of boobs or bum. Hold up, I'll get an example.

That's what it's supposed to describe, but when girls my size, and without those assets, use it constantly, it's annoying. I hear that one being used more than curvy, actually.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Three different curvy women with different body types;

Muscle;

7088388567_3bb3eb07ba.jpg

Slightly chubby;

7088389127_7ed3e6cb4d.jpg

Slim;

6942319236_ff116af383.jpg

And the woman in the pink top. She's fat, but has a curvy stomach and I bet if she lost weight, she'd have similar curves to Kim;

fat-curvy-slender-sexy-body.jpg

Call me crazy but I consider all of these women overweight except Natalie Portman.

Overweight even though most of them have a flat stomach and toned thighs :sick: :huh:

So, really, you find people with small waists and large hips overweight? Nothing to do with actual fat?
  • tanyalevan
    Options

Whaaaaa?? You cray!! Even the first and third photo??
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    i understand curvy to mean an hourglass shape with breasts and bottom..
    fat generally comes with rolls, which I do not consider curves.
    ^^ This.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    What annoys me more is 'voluptuous'.

Hmm, I hear you, but in my mind, that conjures up people who aren't necessarily curvy, but have lots of boobs or bum. Hold up, I'll get an example.

That's what it's supposed to describe, but when girls my size, and without those assets, use it constantly, it's annoying. I hear that one being used more than curvy, actually.

Really? Hmm, I haven't heard it for a while.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

Whaaaaa?? You cray!! Even the first and third photo??

I think some people just generally see curvy as fat. The amount of times I've seen KK been referred to as fat in DM comments. I think people are used to bones and boyish figures. Le sigh.
This discussion has been closed.