Christian Music Listeners

Options

Replies

• dmf80
    dmf80 Posts: 60
    Options
    So if you're a Christian you aren't allowed to listen to good music. Bummer.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love SOOOOO many artists, but as far as GOSPEL: Mali Music, Canton Jones, Myron Butler, Earnest Pugh, Jonathan Nelson, Kirk Franklin, Lecrae, Trip Lee, Flame, Byron Cage, Israel and New Breed, and so many more...............

CHRISTIAN: New Life Worship, Jason Upton, Hillsong, Lakewood Church, Kari Jobe, Gateway Worship, Newsboys, Toby Mac, Christ for the Nations, etc.....
  • kcmom2four
    kcmom2four Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    All of the above! Right now I can listen to Newsboys " God's Not Dead" all day long! :)

^this! I love to listen to klove radio!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options

lol. the music is good. some of it is entertaining and fun to listen to, but a lot it is what draws us into a closer connection with God. The music doesn't simply appeal to our fleshly nature for enjoyment and dancing, it's there for our spiritual benefit as well. if you even picked up a Bible, or know the goodness of God, and when you hear these lyrics sang, whether you're happy or sad, they touch you like no other form of secular music can. it keeps you grounded, and in touch with the plans God has for you, even on your worst days. so much i can say but I could write a novel. Love Jesus and the people he uses through song.
  • jbaker436
    jbaker436 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like a lot of what has already been listed. I would add to that CeCe Winans, Anthony Evans, Barlow Girl, Superchik and Mandisa. I like a lot of Christian music but really like a good beat to work out to personally.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Skillet....sorry if that doesn't count but it does too me

Rock band with Christian influence.... Still counts :P

Yay! :bigsmile:

Skillet has one of the most amazing hearts for Christ... no matter thier * label*. In my opinion, there should not be such a huge devision between secular and Christian music..... it's the heart of the artists that matter...:) ....and artists that can more accessibly reach those who do not know Christ, need to be out there in my opinion. The first time I saw Skillet was about 10 or 11 years ago... i think it was GMA week in Nashville...we walked into a club...and the singer was up front, worshiping his heart out. Totally immersed in worshiping God. No pretense... just honest, heartful love flowing out of him... :flowerforyou:

I listen to a huge mix of music... both mainstream and *christian*.... I'm a music addict..and see alot of beauty and God given gifts in those artists that don't know Him ( yet).... even if they don't realize it... thier gifts come from His heart...He created them!..but anyhow. sorry for the mini tangent.. ;)

A lot that I will list is slightly old school...but here goes...

Curious Fools
    Paul Baloche
    Bebo Norman
    The Benjamin Gate
    Bleach
    Delerious
    Desperation Band
    Eowyn
    Flyleaf
    Future of Forestry
    The Glorious Unseen
    Inhabited
    The Myriad
    Petra
    Plumb
    Sheri Carr
    Switchfoot
    Tenth Avenue North
    Third Day
    Vineyard Music
    White Heart
    Sherri Youngward
    Hillsong
    Skillet
    The Violet Burning
    Seven Day Jesus ( The Hunger album)
    DC Talk ( yes...I know... lol... but they were still awesome...Jesus Freak was the first time I heard Christians rockin' LOL )
  • ShawnaCurley
    ShawnaCurley Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love Francesca Battistelli and Jeff and Sheeri Easter!
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I mostly listen to metal, including Christian metal but I think everyone should check out Lecrae. He is awesome!

I do like Zao, Living Sacrifice, Becoming the Archetype as well as some of the classic heavy metal like Stryper, Bloodgood, Guardian and older Tourniquet. There's some good metal out there.
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options

DC Talk ( yes...I know... lol... but they were still awesome...Jesus Freak was the first time I heard Christians rockin' LOL )

I still like DCT. I just converted my VHS copy of Rap, Rock and Soul to DVD. Holy cow are they young in that. It's a bit cheeseball, but still awesome.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    yay for the fans of red. <3 them! breathe into me is a great workout song.
    also love skillet - awake and alive.
    kutless.
    fireflight.
    plumb.

there are so many awesome artists to choose from now. i have a playlist of 25 songs for my 15ks at http://jog.fm/users/godblessourhome/workout-playlists/worship-songs-for-ny-15k-playlist if anyone wants to check it out.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Not cool, not funny, and not original at all.
  • mhopp71
    mhopp71 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Air1 has an app you can download and they play a lot of really great music. You can also listen to them online and they post a list of song titles with artists
  • summerlancaster
    Options
    Air1 has an app you can download and they play a lot of really great music. You can also listen to them online and they post a list of song titles with artists

I didn't know they had an app -- thank you!!
  • courtcourtfnp
    courtcourtfnp Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! I love listening to Christian music..

Skillet
    TobyMac (one of my absolute faves)
    Manafest
    Lecrae
    MercyMe
    Jonny Diaz
    Newsboys (asolutely LOVE LOVE "My God is not Dead")
    Lifehouse ( I know they aren't technically Christian, but really listen to their songs)
    Sidewalk Prophets
    Francesca Battistelli
    Switchfoot
    Tenth Avenue North

There's really none that I dislike though...

I saw tobyMac & Skillet in concert a couple of years ago & the way they absolutely go crazy worshipping the Lord in their shows is amazing. There's no question why they do what they do...pure love for Christ!
  • kimdt74
    kimdt74 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Press Play also has some songs that would be great for working out. :smile:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Can somebody explain to me what separates Christian Music from other forms of music?

Didn't most music evolve from some form of spiritual beginning?
    Is it subject matter? A Christian list of approved subject matter and/ or groups? Who decides?

This may sound like I am not sincere, but I am. As a Blues afficiado, I am quite familiar with the evolution of modern day blues. And a serious influence was early Gospel and Spiritual Music. Can Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, Eric Clapton, etc. be considered Christian Music?
  • busrider71
    Options
    I Love some of the older ones like

Petra
    White Heart
    Carman

also like...
    Audio Adrenaline
    Sanctus Real
    Kutlass
    Natalie Grant
    Casting Crowns
    Mercy Me....one of my faves
    Matt Hammitt "All of Me"
    Darrell Evans "Trading My Sorrows"....great workout song
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Can somebody explain to me what separates Christian Music from other forms of music?

Is it subject matter? A Christian list of approved subject matter and/ or groups? Who decides?

This may sound like I am not sincere, but I am. As a Blues afficiado, I am quite familiar with the evolution of modern day blues. And a serious influence was early Gospel and Spiritual Music. Can Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, Eric Clapton, etc. be considered Christian Music?

I am sure that there is overlap, eg, Creed who marketed themselves in the mainstream rock as well as Christian music genre. It probably goes back to how the group itself wishes to market its own music. When I think of Christian music, I think of a positive message in the lyrics and free from foul language.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options

Christian music is music that promotes Christian lifestyles, values, etc. It's not a genre in the sense of "type" of music as in bluegrass, rock, etc. Christian music is more defined by the message and lyrics than the specific genre. That, of course, leaves it somewhat open to interpretation- for me Christian music is music that inspires me to worship and praise God. Eric Clapton doesnt necessarily hit the nail on the head for me in that respect, but that is my personal taste in music speaking as well.

In response to the OP, I love most of what comes on KLove...that pretty much plays continually in my car. LOVE Francesca Batistelli, Newsboys, MercyMe....there's too many good ones to try to name!
  • KristenCassandra
    KristenCassandra Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Disciple, Skillet, TFK, Red, Anberlin, Ivoryline, Nine Lashes, Inhale Exhale, Norma Jean, Manafest, PIllar, Kutless, Secret and Whisper, The Becoming, Underoath, Spoken, Thrice, The Classic Crime, Manic Drive... to name a few lol