A Phrase the Pisses you off and a Weird but Tasty Food Combo

Options

Replies

• StarvingKyy
    StarvingKyy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Most annoying phrase is when you apologize to somebody and they look away with raised eyebrows and say "Ya, it's whatever".
    No. It is NOT 'Whatever". -_-
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a specific phrase, but anything said with a condescending tone is a NO.

Weird food combo all day long:
    Curly fries with ketchup, mayo and nacho cheese sauce
    Dill pickles dipped in ranch (fried or not....)
    Hot Dog with dill relish, pickles, mild peppers, nacho cheese sauce and chili

Of course, I can no longer eat these things ^
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    bump..... this thread is :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • freezingmoon
    Options
    i hate when people say "smh"

i put nutritional yeast in my oatmeal...
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I hate the 'i'm not racist but...' '... grrrrrrrrr!!

I have heard the most racist things come out of folks mouths right after they said "I'm not racist, but..."
    I can remember when I recognize this and I wondered how many times I said this.

It really made me reexamine my own thoughts, and beliefs and actions.
    Blatant racism you can combat, but subtle racism is far more dangerous.
    I'm not perfect and we ALL pre-judge on some level (if not race, then socio-economic, or political or age or style of dress & grooming or, ummm, weight or a combination), but I TRY remember to re-access and adjust my perceptions frequently.
    & to recognize the difference between reality and social construct.

Likewise I have heard the most offensive things after "No Offense..."
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I hate being calleD ma'am. Ugh. It's so condescending. "clearly, I'm younger than you Ma'am."

My favorite pregnancy craving: potato bread, nutella on one slice, peanut butter on the other, bananas and marshmallows in the middle, grilled in the George Foreman.
    That sounds fabulous!
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    When we were looking at ads for homes, we would invariably see some real estate agent had written "eating kitchen" or "walking closet" rather than "eat-in kitchen" or "walk-in closet"... along the same lines, I get a kick out of people trying to sell their "rod iron" (wrought iron) fireplace set.

Using "then" interchangeably with "than" is another big pet peeve, and seeing professionals not know when to use an apostrophe (its/it's) or how to avoid mixing tenses - especially if they are teachers.

Best weird food combo: wrap a hot dog in a slice of mostly-cooked bacon. Wrap a slice of cheese around that. Wrap a crescent roll around that. Bake in a toaster oven. Dip in BBQ sauce and chow down. OR Wrap a piece of fake crab with mostly-cooked bacon and bake in a toaster oven. Dip in honey-mustard sauce. Consume.

You're welcome.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I don't like text speak abbreviations like "LOL", or "LMAO", or "LMFAO". I understand when actually texting, but I don't think it is appropriate otherwise. That is probably because I often end up having to look them up. (No, not the forementioned ones.)

A ham sandwich made with cinnamon raisin toast, spicy brown mustard smeared on one slice, apricot preserves smeared on the other.
    Potato chips dipped in ketchup.
  • mysongislove930
    mysongislove930 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    "But you have such a pretty face."
    Thanks for that. I'm glad the rest of me is redeemed by my face.

And I really, really love pickled beets.
  • propskat
    Options
    I hate the 'i'm not racist but...' '... grrrrrrrrr!!

I have heard the most racist things come out of folks mouths right after they said "I'm not racist, but..."
    I can remember when I recognize this and I wondered how many times I said this.

It really made me reexamine my own thoughts, and beliefs and actions.
    Blatant racism you can combat, but subtle racism is far more dangerous.
    I'm not perfect and we ALL pre-judge on some level (if not race, then socio-economic, or political or age or style of dress & grooming or, ummm, weight or a combination), but I TRY remember to re-access and adjust my perceptions frequently.
    & to recognize the difference between reality and social construct.

Likewise I have heard the most offensive things after "No Offense..."
    Another of my favorites "don't take this the wrong way, but..."
    If you know ahead of time that there's a possibility I'm going to be offended by what you say, then maybe you should just consider not saying it! DUH...
  • Bigstupid
    Bigstupid Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Phrase: "It is what it is" irks me.

Weird & Tasty: Jello then add some milk.

I was going to type more but realized I type using some suspect sayings myself and I don't want to push anyone over the edge here.
  • Trucker40
    Options
    "Does that make sense?" Duh...I do have some sort of intelligence. This phrase annoys me.

Food: Jalapenos and popcorn.
  • propskat
    Options
    When we were looking at ads for homes, we would invariably see some real estate agent had written "eating kitchen" or "walking closet" rather than "eat-in kitchen" or "walk-in closet"... along the same lines, I get a kick out of people trying to sell their "rod iron" (wrought iron) fireplace set.

Using "then" interchangeably with "than" is another big pet peeve, and seeing professionals not know when to use an apostrophe (its/it's) or how to avoid mixing tenses - especially if they are teachers.

Best weird food combo: wrap a hot dog in a slice of mostly-cooked bacon. Wrap a slice of cheese around that. Wrap a crescent roll around that. Bake in a toaster oven. Dip in BBQ sauce and chow down. OR Wrap a piece of fake crab with mostly-cooked bacon and bake in a toaster oven. Dip in honey-mustard sauce. Consume.

You're welcome.
    I issue permits for a living, and some of them are shoreline protection permits. You'd be amazed how many people can't get "Riprap" right. It's inevitably "rick rack" (which in my dictionary is that wierd squiggly fabric you sew on the edge of something). Or, my favorite "Riff Raff". The application will literally say "Installation of 50 linear feet of riff raff"
    What's that, about 9 and a half undesireable people?
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    "Booya" - This could make someone get punched in the face.

"whatever" - They bug me equally!

Scrambled eggs with cocktail sauce. I think it's yummy.
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people say "NO offense, but . . . ". Seriously? Yea, you do mean to offend me or you would keep your mouth shut or say something nice.

Food: Triscuits with goat cheese and tuna fish. I thought it would be nasty but it's yummy! Also, Doritos and Bean Dip.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options

You're welcome.
    I issue permits for a living, and some of them are shoreline protection permits. You'd be amazed how many people can't get "Riprap" right. It's inevitably "rick rack" (which in my dictionary is that wierd squiggly fabric you sew on the edge of something). Or, my favorite "Riff Raff". The application will literally say "Installation of 50 linear feet of riff raff"
    What's that, about 9 and a half undesireable people?
    HAHAHAHAHAHA! Maybe it is exactly that! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Annoying phrase, "I'm not racist, but...[racist thing here]" or any variation of that.

Or when people say "no homo".

Best food: Cheddar dipped in maple syrup.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I hate being calleD ma'am. Ugh. It's so condescending. "clearly, I'm younger than you Ma'am."

I am so opposite
    I AM A MA'AM!

I HATE being called MISS. Miss always makes me feel like I'm 7 years old and someone is humoring me.
    I've worked hard. I've been on my own since I was 17 and I deserve respect.

I came up in Catholic School and boys were called "Master" until they were 13 and then they were "Mister"
    I felt the same should apply for girls "Miss" until they are 13 and then "Ma'am" or "Ms."or something after that.
    I feel like your martial status should have no correlations to your "grown-up-ness"

(When I was little I remembered knowing that "Mr." was an abbreviation for "Mister". And I asked my Mom what "Mrs." How do you spell out "Mrs."? What was that short for? and she said you don't, it just is. So it took me a while, but I looked at it the other day and lightbulb went off in my head. "Mrs." is the POSSESIVE of "Mr." Belonging to Mr. ... oy!)
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options

I am so opposite
    I AM A MA'AM!

When I get called Ma'am, I want to go die in a hole somewhere. Especially when the person using the phrase appears older than I am. (It's a touchy subject for me...)
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    When you explain a dilemma to someone hoping for their advice and empathy and they respond with:
    "That sounds like a personal problem"
    Well DUH it's a personal problem. Thanks for completely dismissing me when I've confided in you about my life!

My sister dips churros in hot sauce.
    I've tried it and it's not so bad.