A Phrase the Pisses you off and a Weird but Tasty Food Combo

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I HATE when people say things like "I seen that yesterday." NO! You SAW that! Or any other misuse of words. BTW... IRREGARDLESS is NOT a word!! It's REGARDLESS!!! *Bah!*

You sound like my mother!! She HATES when I use "seen" when speaking in past tense!
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    There are some slang terms that really get me going, one is "axed" instead of "asked"! I see red every time!

Other terms just crack me up, "hose pipe" instead of just a hose or garden hose. "Carrying" someone to the store or Doctor's office, instead of taking or driving. "cutting" on the lights, instead of turning on the lights...... Word usage is so funny in some areas, and I wont say it's wrong just weird to me. In the south they call a shopping cart a "buggy", a friend of mine from Boston called it a "carriage".
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have to say the first time someone called me mam , i went home and cried. I was 30 and it felt like I was over the hill! Too funny!
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Phrase: Cheer up, it may never happen.

This pisses me off because it was said to me by a total stranger the day after my grandad had passed away - this phrase should be banned. I nearly whalloped the guy for saying it! :mad:

Weird Food Combo: Um, don't think I have any :( Apart from I used to like dipping my McDonald's fries in my thick shake - but now the very thought turns my stomach!
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    There are some slang terms that really get me going, one is "axed" instead of "asked"! I see red every time!

Other terms just crack me up, "hose pipe" instead of just a hose or garden hose. "Carrying" someone to the store or Doctor's office, instead of taking or driving. "cutting" on the lights, instead of turning on the lights...... Word usage is so funny in some areas, and I wont say it's wrong just weird to me. In the south they call a shopping cart a "buggy", a friend of mine from Boston called it a "carriage".
    I live in the south (but I am from the north), and we have buggys at the grocery store, washing powder (sometimes even warshing powder) goes in the laundry, we're always 'fixin to" do something, and we don't drink pop, it's soda. I'm sure there's tons more!
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I hate "My Bad".

But I love Grandma's frosted animal crackers (in the pink bag) dipped in cool whip. :)