Women when its that time.....?

Options
1235»

Replies

• PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    F^ck no.

I just lay in bed and eat chocolate-dipped potato chips for five days.
  • Angie0rtiz
    Options
    This article should tell you all you need to know about your menstrual cycle:
    http://www.avert.org/puberty-girls.htm
    I know about puberty and how my body should look or what happens if I dont have a pad handy and I dont know what to do. Thank you but this doesnt actually answer my question.
  • rhythmicveggie
    Options
    I usually do, or at least make a fair effort to. I get horrible cramps, which puts me off of going to the gym, even though I've heard that exercise helps to relieve the pain.

The cramps are really the only reason I hesitate to go. I'm not worried about leaks and all that.
  • gettingfit1961
    Options
    This is the first time I've actually seen this question asked, so thank you for asking! :)
    I'm anemic, and when I have my period, it can last for SEVERAL weeks. I'm currently on my period right now, and I have been for over a month. I have to exercise during it, or I will never get to. But there are some days during it that I absolutely can't do a thing. If you are able to exercise, DO IT. Everyone's body is different. Hope this helps, and good luck :)

StarryGirl, Have you talked to your doctor about this? Sometimes excessively long periods are attributed to uterine fibroids. I know not everyone has health insurance these days, but hopefully you can see a doctor about getting to the cause and reducing your symptoms. I've had friends with this fibroids and it can really interfere with one's quality of life. I'm 50, so my suggestion comes from a "concerned mom's" point of view. Please get some guidance from a medical professional.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Of course I still workout, life goes on :) What if being active was your job? You'd just have to deal with it.
    I don't like working out during that time, but I still do because my goals are important to me. I just often don't do as well.

Apparently exercise can also help with the cramps. Has never helped me, but then everyone is different :smile:
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Theres no reason not to workout during that time! Obviously don't lidten to them if they don't even workout themselves. Now there are days where I get in there and just feel way to horrible to get through my workout and usually end it or take it easy, but most of the time I continue on as I normally would..
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    If your cramps are so bad that you literally cant even go to class (this is my sometimes, very bad news ) then maybe skip it. Anything less is just an excuse.
  • jenniferpowell1980
    jenniferpowell1980 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I couldnt Not exercise then, it shortens my period and reduces any pain, the alternative.......longer periods and pain...........no thanks........ exercise!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I workout every day of it. I feel so much better during it if I exercise.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I don't on day 1 or 2. Because usually I'm in the bathroom throwing up. My cramps are that bad. People who say working out eases cramps must not have really god awful cramps. Anytime I've tried it it just exacerbates the nausea and increases the pain.

I'm good to go usually by late day 3.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    You can but if you're not comfortable it is fine. I don't.
  • starrygirl82
    starrygirl82 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I've actually seen this question asked, so thank you for asking! :)
    I'm anemic, and when I have my period, it can last for SEVERAL weeks. I'm currently on my period right now, and I have been for over a month. I have to exercise during it, or I will never get to. But there are some days during it that I absolutely can't do a thing. If you are able to exercise, DO IT. Everyone's body is different. Hope this helps, and good luck :)

StarryGirl, Have you talked to your doctor about this? Sometimes excessively long periods are attributed to uterine fibroids. I know not everyone has health insurance these days, but hopefully you can see a doctor about getting to the cause and reducing your symptoms. I've had friends with this fibroids and it can really interfere with one's quality of life. I'm 50, so my suggestion comes from a "concerned mom's" point of view. Please get some guidance from a medical professional.

I'm not sure what the uterine fibroids are, but I have been diagnosed with PCOS. I have to take Metformin (regulates my insulin) but I'm not diabetic. It took YEARS and several doctors to finally determine what I had. Birth control helps sometimes, but it really doesn't regulate, it just slows it a little bit. (And makes me really sick to my stomach.)
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    What? People told you not to? That's crazy. It does WONDERS for relieving cramps!