Deleting people how long

Options

Replies

• fionaface
    fionaface Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have not deleted anyone yet since joining MFP back in February of this year, so I don't know what time frame I would set up for deleting people. I have three or four friends who haven't logged in for a week or more. Part of me says that maybe I should delete them now, but a bigger part of me wonders if they haven't logged in all this time because they are just having a very rough time (and will need some good support whenever they do come back to MFP). My advice would be to go with your gut. Delete if you don't like the lack of communication, and keep if you think their behavior will change in the near future...
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Who gives a crap. Really?

The attitude of "if you don't do a) or b) or whatthe****ever " is one of the dumbest attitudes about this site. If that concerned about whether they meet some criteria, delete everyone and use it for the tools.

And why announce it? Wanna know why? They want attn. "oh please don't delete me, I love you" jeebus.

Is really silly to go power tripping and deleting people you don't know because they didn't log In within a certain time or don't meet your needs. You're the same person that has a f'ng dissertation requirement on friends initially. How did you become friends in the first place.

So stop proselytizing friend retention and focus on you. and if you're currently a friend of mine that disagrees, you know what to do.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    no time limit--- its as simple as whether we are clicking.
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    This is why I only have two friends! It seems every time I take a chance on some one I don't know DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA!!!! So the two friends I have are people I know in real life!!!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    REE-diculous. I'm with Banks01 and Boxtko and a couple others. Once you are on my list, I rarely delete. It's got nothing to do with how much or how little you talk to me or when you logged in last. Stuff happens, people get busy. I usually only delete if we don't get along or you don't know the difference between there/they're/their and lose/loose. Just kidding!
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Who gives a crap. Really?

The attitude of "if you don't do a) or b) or whatthe****ever " is one of the dumbest attitudes about this site. If that concerned about whether they meet some criteria, delete everyone and use it for the tools.

And why announce it? Wanna know why? They want attn. "oh please don't delete me, I love you" jeebus.

Is really silly to go power tripping and deleting people you don't know because they didn't log In within a certain time or don't meet your needs. You're the same person that has a f'ng dissertation requirement on friends initially. How did you become friends in the first place.

So stop proselytizing friend retention and focus on you. and if you're currently a friend of mine that disagrees, you know what to do.

Exactly! Its like people are co-dependent on the "friends" they have on here. If you need other people validation to lose weight, then the problem is really with yourself. Get real peeps!
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    REE-diculous. I'm with Banks01 and Boxtko and a couple others. Once you are on my list, I rarely delete. It's got nothing to do with how much or how little you talk to me or when you logged in last. Stuff happens, people get busy. I usually only delete if we don't get along or you don't know the difference between there/they're/their and lose/loose. Just kidding!

They're they're, sweetie...don't loose your cool
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I still don't even know what this is about. If I knew how to post a pic on here, you'd see a bunny with a pancake on his head.

bunny-pancake.jpg

Nice. All we need now is a cat with a lime to complete the party.
    You rang?

lime-cat.jpg

Thank you, gentlemen for completing my thought. :drinker:
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I too had someone delete me whom I thought was a "friend" and when I asked her why, she basically told me that I didn't live up to her ideas of what I SHOULD be doing.\

SO OBNOXIOUS!
  • Dawn3218
    Dawn3218 Posts: 80
    Options
    I still don't even know what this is about. If I knew how to post a pic on here, you'd see a bunny with a pancake on his head.

bunny-pancake.jpg

Nice. All we need now is a cat with a lime to complete the party.
    You rang?

lime-cat.jpg

I just covered my desk in coffee which snorted out of my nose!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love this site - even if I wasnt trying to lose weight - you guys keep me entertained for hours while Im at work :flowerforyou:
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies and for those that didnt understand or had a go at how I wrote it, Im sorry I cant spell or use the english laungage very well but I wasnt in school very much.
  • BethicaJ
    BethicaJ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Why would you delete them?
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am so creeped out by the idea that you people are keeping close tabs on how long it's been since someone logged in.

This. I keep my friends list short, I'm very fussy. I enjoy their posts and progress updates but, if I weren't motivated to sort myself out, nothing they could say would keep me going because I wouldn't be logging in, would I?

I don't personally like whingers much; anyone can have a bad day but when it's nothing but bad days and complaints, I stop commenting. I think people who cut friends seem to do so for odd reasons, maybe they get a little power thrill from it... who knows? Even stranger, I think, is the need for a straw poll on the subject but, as we say here in the UK... "Now't so queer as folk". :bigsmile:
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Someone would have to actively annoy me to get deleted. If they don't interact with me very much, then I forget all about them, anyway.

There is one friend who is kinda cool - she posts things that I find interesting, like about literature - but she never talks to me. She never responds to my comments to her posts and she never posts on my profile. That may eventually begin to annoy me as it sort of makes me feel snubbed if I think about it.

I just almost never think about it. LOL
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    About 2 hours. If you aren't committed to this journey, and if you're not supportive, you don't deserve to be my friend.
    2 hours... why if I don't get a reply within 2 mins to my messages I purge my list and start anew!

There are some very witty people on this site... :bigsmile:
  • talzybob
    talzybob Posts: 80
    Options
    i take them off if they have been inactive for two months or more. the only long term non active person i have kept is my sister as she due to pop on friday this week, so shes the only one i have kept on.

i tried motivating them but found that many of them never tried motivating me.
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'd probably leave them there anyway, it's just a social thing, but I always try to catch everyone's posts although am sure I miss some too, especially with the time differences!

Add me if you want & I'll do my best to help you along :-)

Di
  • talzybob
    talzybob Posts: 80
    Options
    I too had someone delete me whom I thought was a "friend" and when I asked her why, she basically told me that I didn't live up to her ideas of what I SHOULD be doing.\

SO OBNOXIOUS!

ummm what sher idea of what SHE should be doing then? that was a bit harsh of her to say that.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    So, how much time should one spend each week pruning their MFP friends list? just trying to get a rough average so I can make sure I'm doing it right.

I am surprised their is not a FAQ or pinned thread somewhere on MFP for this topic, It is so critical in my weight loss goals to ensure I have a properly pruned friends list.

Wait, I'm not ready for this. I need to stare at some more cute bunny pictures to mentally prepare myself for this.

If someone can give any personal pointers on pruning participants, please profess your presupposed and perfect plan.

And add me on your friends list...ya know, if it fits into your personal online communications theory.

:huh:
  • traceyjayne64
    Options
    I have deleted one person because basically i couldn't stand reading her constant spamming about her personal life, how much money was being spent on her, what she was buying next etc etc... she just really wasn't my kind of person.
    Other than that i wouldn't consider deleting anyone, especially for not replying to my updates, or because they weren't around much.:noway: