Deleting people how long

Options
12346»

Replies

• mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Im sorry I dont know why some people are being a lil nasty, It was just a question thats all I didnt mean anything by it was just wondering what other people did.

Makes me not want to post anything on here again thanks to the people that just replied to my post without the horrid comments.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'll usually wait at least a month, maybe longer if it was someoen that posted regularly and then dropped off. If it was someone that I had recently added and they stop posting or even logging that they completed their diary after a month, I'll remove them.

I don't do it to be mean, but if they are not there and cannot be bothered to log in, why keep them on my FR? Just saying!
  • christinesadrina
    christinesadrina Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I actually only have one friend and she's a real friend, so I wouldn't delete her at all. She does help me to keep on track (a bit) but the main reason I like having her there is how I can see how well she's doing. And then I want to do well too.
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have deleted the odd "friend" who has not been active for 2 or 3 months if there is no explanation. I would say that the most important thing to monitor is who you add rather than who you delete......I generally only accept FR's from people if we have other friends in common or with whom I would have something in common with (age, goals, have kids, from same geographic area etc). If I get an FR from someone who has not even filled in their profile I don't add them.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I too had someone delete me whom I thought was a "friend" and when I asked her why, she basically told me that I didn't live up to her ideas of what I SHOULD be doing.\

SO OBNOXIOUS!

Ive gotten that too.... So funny... I guess we aren't our own people and should be robots to what our friends do? Oh well Im better off without those types of people.
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Im sorry I dont know why some people are being a lil nasty, It was just a question thats all I didnt mean anything by it was just wondering what other people did.

Makes me not want to post anything on here again thanks to the people that just replied to my post without the horrid comments.

I'm really sorry that some people were nasty and disrespectful to you on here. There's no excuse or reason for this behaviour. Unfortunately, when the communication isn't face-to-face, some people use this as a reason to be less than respectful.

There was nothing wrong with asking the question you asked. To the people that criticised you for asking it in the first place: If they thought it was such a stupid question to post, then why did they bother to read it and then take the time and effort to respond, and unkindly at that? Why go out of the way to be unpleasant? I just don't understand that, or what is gained from it, for anyone.

You just keep you chin up, sweetie, and post as many times as you want, on whatever you want! Last time I checked, this site supported free speech and if you say something inappropriate, the moderators will shut you down anyway. Nobody other than them has the right to tell you otherwise!

Basically, if you don't like it don't read it! And if you don't have anything nice to say, keep quiet! It's my opinion that manners shouldn't go out the window just because we aren't face-to-face. There is no excuse for bad behaviour.
  • NancyNiles
    NancyNiles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't delete anyone for disappearing. I figure if they do decide to come back, they could use some friends and they're certainly not doing me any harm by not logging in.

^^^ This!

I don't understand this practice of deleting people if they aren't commenting or supportive enough. Since when is support a one-way street. When/if they come back, they're going to need support, too. And I want to be there for them.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't delete for inactivity because it doesn't affect my feed when someone is not logging in. I'd be bummed if all my friends were gone if I went through a bad slump. I for some reason feel too bad to delete people who never interact with me but I provide support to them, but I did just discover "hide their updates from my feed" and I've started using that.
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I deleted 1 person I know in real life because they refused to put effort and just made excused for her failures. It irrritates me when someone logs in for 2 or 3 days then is off the wagon for a week then logs back in for a day or 2 then back to their old habits over and over again. I don't know why it drives me insane. There isn't any reason for the inconsistencies unless you really don't want to or aren't ready to make the changes. I know some people in real life not on MFP try and don't have the self control. They encourage me till they give up then they will start telling me **** like "eat you don't eat enough" I eat 2000 calories a day goddamnit. or "it's just today" or "only 1 bag of chips it won't kill you" The bag of chips may not kill me but it's like telling a recovering alcoholic it's just one beer they have the beer and everything is ****ed up again.