Options

Replies

• acrylicrocks
    Options
    :
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pics to post just yet a little to soon for me but I just wanted to say all of you look great.
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options

I FEEL LIKE A WHOLE DIFFERENT PERSON!!!!!! :wink:

We are different than we were and we should all be proud of it and remember how we use to feel and never ever go back to being the old us!

EXACTLY!!!!!! :smile:
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Well, I can't believe I am posting this, but the first pic is of me and my hubby, taken January 2001 at my heaviest weight. I didn't try to start losing weight until March of 2003.

The second pic is what I look like today...........

January 2001:

DadandCora.jpg

June 2009:
    Cora06-24-09.jpg
  • ma9321
    Options
    Well, I can't believe I am posting this, but the first pic is of me and my hubby, taken January 2001 at my heaviest weight. I didn't try to start losing weight until March of 2003.

The second pic is what I look like today...........

January 2001:

DadandCora.jpg

June 2009:
    Cora06-24-09.jpg

Awesome Job!!!!
    You need to put a smile on that pretty face!!!! :smooched:
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    I hate to smile in pictures.
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Please give me some tips. How long did it take for you to lose the weight. I have been working out for about four months and I haven't lost very much weight at all. I started last week with a personal trainer, who is kicking my butt, but I love it. I totally changed my eating habits too! I don't eat any junk food at all. I count calories, carbs, etc. I know it is not going to come off easy, but I am hoping to see some result within a 5 week period. That is, because I am working out with a trainer twice a week for a five week program. I just need a kick and some encouragement! You look totally awesome in your pictures!!!

1. Lots and lots of Cardio, weight training (I do five cardio days & 2 weight days) Sunday is my off day.
    2. Tons of water ( I cut out soda, juices )
    3. Whole grain breads/Pasta (limited)
    4. Chicken & turkey... No read meats
    5. skim milk (organic horizon) My favorite!!!!
    6. Lots of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries.
    7. Handful of almonds a day (good for the heart)
    8. Lots of fruit and veggies
    9. I make sure I get my fiber in
    10. I make sure I eat.... i eat at least 6 times per day. (small meals/snacks)
    11. I've also learned to stay off the scale and quite worrying about the numbers going down... it'll happen eventually. Don't stress too much over it.
    12. I make sure I get in my good fats... (all natural peanut butter, avocado)
    13. I make sure I have protein in every meal/snack.. especially since I work out so much..
    14. I especially watch my sugar and sodium intake.

If I think of anything else... i'll let you know.
    I've also heard that a goods night rest helps a lot... I wouldn't know about that one, being a single mommy and all. = ) Hope this helps.

** I remembered another one.............. Try to stay away from processed foods and empty calories**
    STAY POSITIVE!!!! It takes time and it's a long process... but it's all worth it!!!!

I agree!!! Ma9321 hit it on the nose. All I can add is, even though you're working out hard with a trainer 2x a week, try incorporating at least 30 mins of cardio on at least 3 of the other days. That way when you are finished the 5 week training session you are already accustom to doing extra cardio & won’t stop working out all together! Good Luck!
  • Mlbnyy2
    Mlbnyy2 Posts: 16
    Options
    "Before" - December '07 - - 215 lbs.

Nevermind the little person cutout - it's a teacher thing! :smile:

That's great, Im a teacher too...Flat Stanley:laugh:
  • Mlbnyy2
    Options
    Awww you guys are too much! My before photos are not great quality, but it's all I have right now! At your request:

Me at 270 lbs
    Photo43.jpg
    Photo42.jpg

My most recent pictures from last week on the bike paths & picking out a very healthy salad:laugh: Me at about 155lbs
    KK_BikePath.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg

OMG! That does not even look like you! WOW! I'm so impressed! Good job! You look very happy and healthy. Congrats on all of your hard work! :drinker:
    Just fantastic, you look totally different....:smile:
  • ma9321
    Options
    Awww you guys are too much! My before photos are not great quality, but it's all I have right now! At your request:

Me at 270 lbs
    Photo43.jpg
    Photo42.jpg

My most recent pictures from last week on the bike paths & picking out a very healthy salad:laugh: Me at about 155lbs
    KK_BikePath.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg

OMG! That does not even look like you! WOW! I'm so impressed! Good job! You look very happy and healthy. Congrats on all of your hard work! :drinker:

I AGREE!!!!! You look awesome!!!!
  • Mlbnyy2
    Options
    good job everyone!!!! you all look fantastic!
    [/quote
    Congrats on the weight loss and the pregnancy!!!!
  • July24Lioness
    Options

Me at 270 lbs
    Photo43.jpg
    Photo42.jpg

KK_BikePath.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg

You are beautiful!!!!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

you've got a little smile goin on with your hubby. and it looks beautiful. i know it is a personal thing, so i wouldn't argue against it, but find it within yourself, you ARE a pretty lady.
  • ma9321
    Options

you've got a little smile goin on with your hubby. and it looks beautiful. i know it is a personal thing, so i wouldn't argue against it, but find it within yourself, you ARE a pretty lady.

Tee Hee... my thoughts exactly!!! :wink:
  • July24Lioness
    Options

I couldn't help but to smile because he said something to the photographer that made me laugh. He is always a jokester.

I will try to smile more as I am starting to take more progress pics of myself.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

I couldn't help but to smile because he said something to the photographer that made me laugh. He is always a jokester.

I will try to smile more as I am starting to take more progress pics of myself.
    You should smile - be happy for your progress - you've worked your tail off - literally!
  • SharonEllis51
    SharonEllis51 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I look at your pictures once a week and no that some day I will want to post my pics!!! CONGRATS TO ALL. You look awesome. To they guy with the cute little kids - you look so much happier and healthier!!! Great work. I was going to stay home from the gym tonight, but changed my mind! Thanks.
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    utf-8Bc2tpbm55LmpwZw.jpg

you look so cute and happy, I love that skirt!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    bb081009.jpg
  • drica
    drica Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello!

Have you actually lost 89 pounds???

What an encouragement!

Drica
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!