010_7-1.jpg

After- June 28, 2009

002-1.jpg

Oh my word!!!!! You look awesome!!!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    [/quote]

YOU LOOK FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO MAN!!!!
    [/quote]

Thanks man, to quote oregon lady, Even more importantly I feel awesome. 8 months ago I could barely walk up a flight of stairs and now I have my first Triathlon at the end of august. We are all stronger than we think and when I stopped placing limits on myself everything else fell into place.

:drinker:
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Thanks man, to quote oregon lady, Even more importantly I feel awesome. 8 months ago I could barely walk up a flight of stairs and now I have my first Triathlon at the end of august. We are all stronger than we think and when I stopped placing limits on myself everything else fell into place.

[/quote]

These are words to live by! Keep up the great work!!!

There are so many here that are kicking butt, everyone is looking great, feeling great.......Ummmm Haaaaa LIFE IS GREAT!!!!
    Have a great Night!!!!

P.S. Thank you everyone for your kind words! :flowerforyou:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Oooh...I wanna do it too!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Before- slightly under my heaviest, 2003

010_7-1.jpg

After- June 28, 2009

002-1.jpg

Oh my word!!!!! You look awesome!!!!

Thank you so much! It's one of the hardest things I've ever done, but SO WORTH IT! I just turned 29 and feel better and healthier than I did in college. Back then I could barely make it up the hills and stairs on campus, and now I'm training for a half marathon in October! When I stopped doubting and second guessing myself, everything became possible. :bigsmile:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Before............
    fa59scd.jpg

aa28.jpg

Still working as well.......... :smile:

m_af65d54f96b144888d06ea80bd8d9273.jpg

Me7X2009.jpg

Used to be a size 18/20

Now i'm in a loose 10!!!! :smile:

WAY TO GO! You look amazing...like a totally different person! You were gorgeous before, but you look so much happier and healthier now. Keep up the great work!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :noway:

Is it getting hot in here??

000203E0.gif
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    ooooooooooooo
    Not only getting hot...
    I'd better hit the bike first thing in the morning!!!!
    :grumble:
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    Everyone looks so great! :love: I go to this board every now and then when I'm in need of some inspiration. I hope someday to be able to post my own before and afters. Might be a while though, but I've never been more determined! :devil:
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Before............
    fa59scd.jpg

aa28.jpg

Me7X2009.jpg

Used to be a size 18/20

Now i'm in a lose 10!!!! :smile:

Good Lord - you look like a whole different person! Amazing! Such great photo's!

I FEEL LIKE A WHOLE DIFFERENT PERSON!!!!!! :wink:
  • ma9321
    Options

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know what you mean.... When I first started... I could barely walk 1/4 mile without take a puff of my inhaler... now I can do 60 min Zumba classes... walk/jog 3-4 miles at a time without having to use it!!!
  • ma9321
    Options
    Before............
    fa59scd.jpg

aa28.jpg

Me7X2009.jpg

Used to be a size 18/20

Now i'm in a loose 10!!!! :smile:

WAY TO GO! You look amazing...like a totally different person! You were gorgeous before, but you look so much happier and healthier now. Keep up the great work!

Thank You!!! *tear* *tear*
  • SharonEllis51
    SharonEllis51 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    :smile: congratulations! You look great!
  • SharonEllis51
    SharonEllis51 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Please give me some tips. How long did it take for you to lose the weight. I have been working out for about four months and I haven't lost very much weight at all. I started last week with a personal trainer, who is kicking my butt, but I love it. I totally changed my eating habits too! I don't eat any junk food at all. I count calories, carbs, etc. I know it is not going to come off easy, but I am hoping to see some result within a 5 week period. That is, because I am working out with a trainer twice a week for a five week program. I just need a kick and some encouragement! You look totally awesome in your pictures!!!
  • ma9321
    Options
    Please give me some tips. How long did it take for you to lose the weight. I have been working out for about four months and I haven't lost very much weight at all. I started last week with a personal trainer, who is kicking my butt, but I love it. I totally changed my eating habits too! I don't eat any junk food at all. I count calories, carbs, etc. I know it is not going to come off easy, but I am hoping to see some result within a 5 week period. That is, because I am working out with a trainer twice a week for a five week program. I just need a kick and some encouragement! You look totally awesome in your pictures!!!

Hey there sweetie,
    Who are you talking to? There are a lot of good looking people on here!!! :wink:
  • Xannthippe
    Xannthippe Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Not sure who the question was directed at, but I'll take a shot at an answer. It's taken me almost 2 years to lose 90 pounds. I like to call it, "doing it the slow-fashioned way". If you are doing it right, it takes time. If you fall off the wagon every once in a while, it takes longer. All I can say is be patient and keep at it, eventually you'll make your goal!!! :drinker:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

I FEEL LIKE A WHOLE DIFFERENT PERSON!!!!!! :wink:

We are different than we were and we should all be proud of it and remember how we use to feel and never ever go back to being the old us!
  • ma9321
    Options

1. Lots and lots of Cardio, weight training (I do five cardio days & 2 weight days) Sunday is my off day.
    2. Tons of water ( I cut out soda, juices )
    3. Whole grain breads/Pasta (limited)
    4. Chicken & turkey... No read meats
    5. skim milk (organic horizon) My favorite!!!!
    6. Lots of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries.
    7. Handful of almonds a day (good for the heart)
    8. Lots of fruit and veggies
    9. I make sure I get my fiber in
    10. I make sure I eat.... i eat at least 6 times per day. (small meals/snacks)
    11. I've also learned to stay off the scale and quite worrying about the numbers going down... it'll happen eventually. Don't stress too much over it.
    12. I make sure I get in my good fats... (all natural peanut butter, avocado)
    13. I make sure I have protein in every meal/snack.. especially since I work out so much..
    14. I especially watch my sugar and sodium intake.

If I think of anything else... i'll let you know.
    I've also heard that a goods night rest helps a lot... I wouldn't know about that one, being a single mommy and all. = ) Hope this helps.

** I remembered another one.............. Try to stay away from processed foods and empty calories**
    STAY POSITIVE!!!! It takes time and it's a long process... but it's all worth it!!!!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options

The personal trainer will definitely help. I saw huge changes when I started with mine and I only work out with him once a week. Make sure you combine your workouts with good healthy food. I have been using MFP since mid January and I am down 72 lbs. I still have a ways to go but I feel awesome!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

1. Lots and lots of Cardio, weight training (I do five cardio days & 2 weight days) Sunday is my off day.
    2. Tons of water ( I cut out soda, juices )
    3. Whole grain breads/Pasta (limited)
    4. Chicken & turkey... No read meats
    5. skim milk (organic horizon) My favorite!!!!
    6. Lots of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries.
    7. Handful of almonds a day (good for the heart)
    8. Lots of fruit and veggies
    9. I make sure I get my fiber in
    10. I make sure I eat.... i eat at least 6 times per day. (small meals/snacks)
    11. I've also learned to stay off the scale and quite worrying about the numbers going down... it'll happen eventually. Don't stress too much over it.
    12. I make sure I get in my good fats... (all natural peanut butter, avocado)
    13. I make sure I have protein in every meal/snack.. especially since I work out so much..
    14. I especially watch my sugar and sodium intake.

If I think of anything else... i'll let you know.
    I've also heard that a goods night rest helps a lot... I wouldn't know about that one, being a single mommy and all. = ) Hope this helps.

This is a great guideline!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!