Is there any foods you DONT enter into the meter?

Options
I dont enter!

*Diet sodas
*Tea
*Veggies (as long as its not potatoes)
*Apples (negative food - means, you burn more calories digesting it than it contains)
*Coffie

What about you guys ! ? =)

Replies

• Tanya_IP
    Tanya_IP Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I record everything, including my water!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I dont enter!

*Diet sodas
    *Tea
    *Apples (negative food - means, you burn more calories digesting it than it contains)
    *Coffie

Careful, apples are not negative food. They are around 70 calories per apple, you need to include them.

There are no negative foods, the only thing that is zero calories is plain water.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I don't always log 0 calorie things, like my texas pete hot sauce. I'm not watching my sodium intake, so I don't feel the need. Sometimes I log diet sodas and tea, sometimes I don't. I always log fruits, vegetables, and coffee. I also don't log bites of things, like a bite of my boyfriends ice cream or a 2-3 peanuts. I tend to have a lot of left over calories, so my nibbles from through out the day even it out.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    just coffee and hot sauce
  • thelegend81
    Options
    I record everything, including my water!

me to, I think it's important that you can see everything you eat and drink. IMO if I stopped logging one type of food then others would follow quickly, I need the discipline .
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I don't buy negative calorie food, especially not apples. There are as many as 80 calories in an apple... no way it takes that much energy to process them.

I stopped logging water and diet coke. I don't log a pinch of salt or seasoning, or extracts like vanilla or mint.

I do log my veggies, even spinach and celery. I log binges and days like yesterday where I was sick so I literally ate only candy all day. I log alcohol when I go out, and over estimate when I black out...
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I enter everything, except sometimes I forget to log my water.
    It all adds up, I would rather know.
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    For some reason I don't log my vitamins or my chewing gum. Other than that, I log everything! :smile:
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I log everything, including my water and my vitamins! If I put it in my body, I log it.
  • kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I add every item (excluding spices when cooking). I've even saved a "meal" entry for coffee that includes the honey and the creamer that I add just to simplify adding a repeatable entry in my log.

My thought is that if I'm going to be making an honest effort, I need to be honest about what I'm doing and eating.
  • geezer99
    geezer99 Posts: 92
    Options
    I don't enter coffee or diet drinks

I also leave out condiments -- especially when used as part of a recipe. That is, I'll record a tablespoon of mustard on a sandwich, but not if it is included in a soup or sauce.

And in a dish with three kinds of green vegetables I have been known to call it all "broccoli."
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I dont enter!

*Diet sodas
    *Tea
    *Coffie

Coffee, tea, and other calorie-free beverages I never log. If I put sugar or milk in them, I would log that, but I don't.

Lettuce I rarely log. Not much point. But I log most other veggies to track my macros (nutrients) and because some contain sugars (like carrots). I pretty much log everything but lettuce, come to think of it.

I'd disagree on the apples - I log them and count them as calories. I don't see how you could possibly burn more calories digesting an apple than you take in when I feel the sugar boost from them after eating them. But your food diary, your rules. ;)
  • thershey
    thershey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I log everything I put in my mouth.
    Like someone else said it all adds up 1 calorie at a time.
    I usually have some left over at the end of the day, but I still log everything that passes my lips.
    I do not get the negitive calorie thing at all, I am with the above poster I do not believe it takes that much to burn an apple.
  • Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Negative calories... LOL!
  • Cathleenr
    Cathleenr Posts: 332
    Options

no such animal.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    mustard, tea (i do count it as water), most vegetables.

basically my view is if i have to eat a lot of it for it to come up to 100 calories, then it's not worth logging until i eat a 100 calories worth.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    the only things i don't log are the small amounts of onion/green pepper/spinach/lettuce i add to my sandwiches or wraps.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I log everything except diet soda, gum and mints.
    Not sure why you think apples and veggies are free, but they all have calories and should be logged for a true look at your intake.
  • flowergirl9999
    Options
    hi there - i dont log diet drinks, water or my vitamins. i log everything else even if its been a abd or a very bad day - i think your only cheating yourself if your not 100% honest. if i didnt log my veggies, apples or salad stuff i'd pretty much have all my calories left every day as its a big part of my days food. the only negative food i was aware of was celery.........think apples have to be logged as they are high on the carbs and have at least 50+ calories a pop.