Is there any foods you DONT enter into the meter?

Options

Replies

• TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything that is 0 calories
  • rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I don't log chewing gum, green tea, yellow mustard, or cinnamon.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Anything eaten in a different State
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Gum, crystal light (i have one packet maybe twice per week), my vitamins.

Apples can have a lot of calories - a large one can have 130-160. That would be like forgetting to log a small handful of M&Ms.
  • VirginiaWoof
    Options
    i don't log tea/coffee because I drink mine black. If I do use milk though I will log it.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    *Apples (negative food - means, you burn more calories digesting it than it contains)

no such animal.

Thank you!!! ::headdesk:::
  • VirginiaWoof
    Options
    also take a look at my food diary. i must have about 400 cals a day from fruits and veggies! you ought to log them...'negative' calories are a myth
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Coffee and club soda
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I log everything, including water, spices and vitamins. It just helps me stay on track and accountable. Plus, I just like to be able to go back and see exactly what I had, it could come in handy. If I notice some sort of a change, I could possibly trace it back to something I injested.

Edit to add: I wish apples were 'Negative" calories. I eat at least one a day, sometimes two! Gotta have my apples with peanut butter.
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I don't add tea, hot sauce, spices and mustard. All veggies and condiments such as ketchup, etc. I do add.
  • rachelw16
    rachelw16 Posts: 90
    Options
    I don't always log 0 calorie things, like my texas pete hot sauce. I'm not watching my sodium intake, so I don't feel the need. Sometimes I log diet sodas and tea, sometimes I don't. I always log fruits, vegetables, and coffee. I also don't log bites of things, like a bite of my boyfriends ice cream or a 2-3 peanuts. I tend to have a lot of left over calories, so my nibbles from through out the day even it out.

This, except I don't log coffee, unless I add milk.
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I log nearly everything. I guess the only thing I can think of is a "dash" of salt. I rarely use salt so when I do sprinkle some on food, I don't count it.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I dont enter!

*Diet sodas
    *Tea
    *Veggies (as long as its not potatoes)
    *Apples (negative food - means, you burn more calories digesting it than it contains)
    *Coffie

What about you guys ! ? =)

Log apples, there is no such thing as a 'negative' food.
    Vegetables can have high calorie content, even ones that are not potato
    Coffee, diet soda and tea are usually 0-2 cals so don't worry about logging them.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I don't log water or supplements (in pill form). Everything else gets written down as accurately as possible, including single bites of things and condiments.

By the way, according to Snopes, celery is technically a "negative calorie" food, but the difference is so negligible as to be meaningless (if you eat 6 calories of celery and it takes 7 to digest it, you're never going to notice). Apples are definitely not; they're full of sugar and can have over 100 calories.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    My weekly diet soda- sometimes I'll log it and sometimes I won't.

I don't log anything smaller than a tsp of mustard, katsup or black pepper. I never log mints or a spoonfull of soup (I taste as I make it).

Everything else- gets tagged and bagged.
  • sensualmess
    sensualmess Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't put here spices in my food, and also tea and the amount of sugar I put in it and any other drinks that I may drink, like apple juice, but I don't drink it that often! just small things really! :P
    I put all of the food that I eat though...
  • YossDillo
    YossDillo Posts: 19
    Options
    I can never remember how much water I've had during the day, so I kind of guess.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I dont enter!

*Diet sodas
    *Tea
    *Veggies (as long as its not potatoes)
    *Coffie

What about you guys ! ? =)

You should enter diet soda's. They're worse for you than regular's.

And there is no such thing as negative food. Everything has calories.
  • Wouga
    Wouga Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I log everything, except the spices I use when cooking are probably less then accurate as I measure in my hand...but I give it a good educated guess and log it in. Other then that the only thing I don't log is my water and that's because I drink too much (16-24 cups a day on average) of it to keep track.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Since even many zero calorie items have other things I would like track (sodium is a big one) I try to track everything. When I'm lazy I don't track every single vegetable in my salad, but I try to as much as I can.

I don't log my water because I'm just not ready for that amount of detail yet. Does that make sense? I think I will at some point but it's just not one of my priorities at the moment. I'm pretty sure I drink enough, and I will find out for sure once I start logging it. No rush. I'll get there. :P