What famous person have you ever met?

Options

Replies

• kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Gordie Howe, Jason Priestly, Allan Thicke - they were playing a charity hockey game at Joe Louis in the late 80's...

Bret Michaels (very briefly) and sang a song with CC DeVille playing guitar at an after-party. That was a childhood dream of mine LOL

ETA: as far as seeing people in person, too many to list between concerts and WWF when I was a kid.
  • crise40g
    crise40g Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Meant Jennifer not Jessica. Silly me.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I met Dean Knoozt. But The Stephen King lady wins that one.

That would be cool too!!!
  • courtxoney
    courtxoney Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    probably the most famous person i've ever met would be David Archuleta.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Tom T Hall brought me on stage and sang to me once when I was really little and then gave me an autographed tape after the concert. I also had my picture taken with Ty Murray when I was about 15. I had all these plans on what I would say to him and I totally couldn't speak when they finally snuck me over to meet him (it was in a bar). LOL
  • courtcourtfnp
    courtcourtfnp Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I met Skylar Laine the other night. (from American Idol this season). She's actually from the same town in MS that I'm living in at the moment & I know several people who are close to her & her family. But I met her at a minor league baseball game (the M Braves, part of the Atlanta Braves)...she sang the National Anthem and threw the first pitch & was signing autographs. She's super sweet.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    The rapper Mannie Fresh, from New Orleans. We saw him in an air port and no one else picked up on the fact it was him. So my husband asked him for a picture and he said that he would do it as they were boarding so that people wouldnt go crazy. We now have a picture of My husband, Mannie Fresh and our 9month old daughter, lol.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Scott Jurek! and Micah True! (different occasions)

If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I met Tone Loc at Sky harbor Airport. he actually rode on the plane with my niece from Colorado, he kept her company because she was scared. He was a very nice guy and let us take pictures with him :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Jon Stewart at a gas station just north of Atlanta. It took me a while to figure out it was him. Chatted with him for about 5 minutes before we both drove off.

I live in Miami, so we see celebrities on a regular basis. It's not a big todo here much anymore to see Madonna, Tiger Woods, or somebody like that. The Kardashians are out mostly every weekend.
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Neil Gaiman....he was wonderful
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I got a hug from Sisqo 2 years ago then took a pic with him..lol..
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I met the horse that played Shadowfax in LOTR. Does that count? :)

oh ****, ABSOLUTELY :)
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Jon McLaughlin actually sang happy birthday to me after one of his concerts. Then three years later I went to get an autograph signed and he remembered me :) He asked if he had met me before and then I showed him the autographed CD from three years ago and he said, you were the girl at the GT concert I sang happy birthday too. My heart soared.
    If you don't know him you probably know his song Beautiful Disaster. It was big here in the states.
    Also, went on stage with Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood from Whose Line is it Anyway and played an improv game with them.
    So not big stars, but hey....made me feel famous.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I met Lyle Alzado. My friends and I were hanging out at the local mall in jr. high and he happened to be there. We got to meet him before everyone realized who he was and he got mobbed.
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    The most famous celebrity I have met was Jack Black. It was in Austin at a club downtown on Halloween night. He was very nice and didnt seem bothered about me asking to take pix with him :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1318494502226&l=a881a8677d
  • sharpeoplepc
    sharpeoplepc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I had a summer fling with Ed O'Brien from Radiohead back in the early 90's (before they were very famous). I met Prince Charles by chance when I was 6 years old. I have met various lead singers of 80's alternative bands (I used to hangout at the back door after shows).
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I have met Kristian Chenoweth! I love her so much!!! She called me sweet when I begged for her autograph :smile:
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    when i was 14 or so I saw Nicholas Cage shoot a scene from Family Man...and my sister waited on Florence Henderson at a local restaurant in my town ..she left 3 dollars as a tip..guess those brady kids emptied her pockets!
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Jennifer Connelly
    Jennifer Love Hewitt
    Rob Lowe (hit on me in a bar *years* ago - heh!)
    Alanis Morissette (love this woman)
    Don Henley
    John Corbett
    Martin Lawrence (while he was filming Big Mama's House 2 in LA)

....I am sure there are others, but in this moment cannot remember!