Z. Class that causes me marriage stress part II.

Options

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed your story....are you a writer?

Far from it. I scored a 31 on my ACT, everything was 34 or higher except English which I tanked hardcore. I never thought I had a nack for writing, I ramble too much.

I'm actually a computer nerd. I work on servers at a data center all day.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options

Far from it. I scored a 31 on my ACT, everything was 34 or higher except English which I tanked hardcore. I never thought I had a nack for writing, I ramble too much.

Er, 31 is still considered far above average. You didn't exactly "tank" it!
    http://www.act.org/newsroom/data/2011/states.html

Edit: Ah, wait, you mean you got a 31 composite, and the English section brought down your other two sections. Obviously I do exceedingly well on reading comprehension tests. Still, though, I'm fist-bumping you through the internet for your 31 composite, which is awesome.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

Er, 31 is still considered far above average. You didn't exactly "tank" it!
    http://www.act.org/newsroom/data/2011/states.html

Edit: Ah, wait, you mean you got a 31 composite, and the English section brought down your other two sections. Obviously I do exceedingly well on reading comprehension tests. Still, though, I'm fist-bumping you through the internet for your 31 composite, which is awesome.

Yes 31 composite, my English section was like a 22 or something.
  • Kaheaki
    Kaheaki Posts: 8
    Options
    I was going to comment on the last thread after reading and laughing at your struggles, but in the end I decided not to. I was happy to see a new post and it was as humorous as the first! I am sorry for your plight. I used to work out with my guy (when we were both avidly into fitness), but I was able to spot him all the way until he hit 70lb dumbbells and I am not talkative. We also did our own thing at times because I don't do back or neck days and he didn't do targeted thigh workouts. We had that understanding. I also don't drag him to chick classes. Even though I would love his company, I don't want him to be uncomfortable.

When I read the first post, I started really thinking about what the issue could be. A couple things came to mind that I didn't see anyone else comment on.

First, women are emotinally driven (aka, crazy...)
    Second, the gym is full of people working out, but more importantly, it is full of people on the prowl
    Third, you have lost a lot of weight (congrats!) and she may feel insecure about the previously mentioned women on the prowl

You are obviously devoted to her, but the "new" you may be more confident which attracts people to you, but even if your confidence didn't change your outward appearance did (much as we'd like to think that doesn't make a difference, it does). I might look at that aspect of it. You might be able to find something that you both can do that isn't as heinous as zumba...

Good luck!!
  • CarolinaButterfly
    Options
    Bet you're gonna get hated on some for this one...
    That said - I loved it! I truly hope you were aiming for "amusing" on this post, cause it was downright hysterical. Sorry I'm laughing at your expense, but as I was reading your post, I was picturing my own husband trying to do a Zumba (or any) class with me, and finding himself doing the same exact thing you did - trying not to laugh and failing miserably. This is why that man stays in the weight room or on the treadmill and I do my own thing at the gym.
    I think it's awesome you're trying to hard to be supportive of your wife. Hang in, buddy. And thank you once more for an excellent visual.

I was picturing my boyfriend while reading this and I would say he would have laughed his way out of that room also. Then again I don't Zumba and would never insist on him doing something he just doesn't want to do.

you get points for going.. i cant get mine to even look at the dvd let a lone go to a gym and do it....hope all is well
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Dude.. this is the best shiz I have read on this site.

I love that you gave it ago, then hoped so bad that it didnt end well as I knew if I was doing it, I would of lost my shiz in that class as well. I could just picture it as you described it.. Fish faces and panting everywhere.. LOL :laugh:

It was pretty hillarious, with all the bright colors it was like being in an aquarium.
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I say you get mega points for at least trying. I talked my husband into trying Zumba with me and he looked rediculous. He hated every minute of it, he and I both laughed at each other the entire time, and we've never done it since. Your wife needs a dose of her own medicine. Is there something that you like that she hates doing? Tell her it's only fair since you did it that she has to do something out of her comfort zone too. Then maybe she'll see how it feels.
  • mandag9008
    mandag9008 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

She definatly is but its not like i havent tried to talk about it. Shes really stubborn (Darn that German and Italian blood), one day hopefully soon she'll unload.
    [/quote]

hahah right here! german and italian!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ... I absolutely loved that story!!!

If you tell these stories often, please friend me. :smile:

Ditto!! Haha.. This made my night!! :happy:
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I thought your story was absolutely hilarious!.......then I read a couple of the responses on the first page ("Something else is wrong in your marriage and you don't seem to care", "I can't even believe I wasted my time reading that.") and thought to myself, "man, I must have missed something." Went back and reread your story; nope, just as funny the second time around. I love how descriptive your writing is. I felt like I was actually there in the sea of neon puffer fish with you. P.S. I do wear brightly colored shirts to the gym and I've definitely tried on my fair share of pants before buying them....I tend to leave the hubby at home while I'm doing that though. I'm going to have to say that I'm definitely on your side in this Zumba war. I'm having a hard time understanding why she can't just find a girl friend to do Zumba with and let you do your thing? I hope y'all can come to an agreement soon. This Zumba stress is serious business!
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good job for trying to make ur wife happy :) ....its funny i would never ask my husband to go to ZUmbA lol :) ....but hey maybe if you havent had a fight in a while, maybe she just wants a fight lol... hormones are wired sometimes......sometimes we just want to fight for no reason, and are looking for the most little things to start :) ...
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Good job for trying to make ur wife happy :) ....its funny i would never ask my husband to go to ZUmbA lol :) ....but hey maybe if you havent had a fight in a while, maybe she just wants a fight lol... hormones are wired sometimes......sometimes we just want to fight for no reason, and are looking for the most little things to start :) ...

So you are saying, somtimes women just want to see the world burn.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I thought your story was absolutely hilarious!.......then I read a couple of the responses on the first page ("Something else is wrong in your marriage and you don't seem to care", "I can't even believe I wasted my time reading that.") and thought to myself, "man, I must have missed something." Went back and reread your story; nope, just as funny the second time around. I love how descriptive your writing is. I felt like I was actually there in the sea of neon puffer fish with you. P.S. I do wear brightly colored shirts to the gym and I've definitely tried on my fair share of pants before buying them....I tend to leave the hubby at home while I'm doing that though. I'm going to have to say that I'm definitely on your side in this Zumba war. I'm having a hard time understanding why she can't just find a girl friend to do Zumba with and let you do your thing? I hope y'all can come to an agreement soon. This Zumba stress is serious business!

I really don't get the I dont care comments either. I have a feeling they are members of the inner circle of Zumba. They might be mad I exposed it for what it really is! ;-)
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    I thought that part 1 and part 2 were both hilarious. You're a good writer.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    oh man that was hilarious lol...your wife and you are a great couple...I pictured sitcom in my head when I read those stories lol...zumba...I think its great that you even tried it in the first place...your girl should've been all over you just for going..comical
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You poor, poor man... :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    oh man that was hilarious lol...your wife and you are a great couple...I pictured sitcom in my head when I read those stories lol...zumba...I think its great that you even tried it in the first place...your girl should've been all over you just for going..comical

I am a lot like Doug from King of Queens and she is a lot like Carrie.
  • manasunshine
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ... I absolutely loved that story!!!

If you tell these stories often, please friend me. :smile:

/\/\ agreed! lol
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    She will never ask you to go again. I think Zumba is a great workout for people who love it. I am just not one of those people. Sounds like neither are you. Thanks for the morning laugh.