Z. Class that causes me marriage stress part II.

Options

Replies

• tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options
    This was a delightful read!!! Made me LOL! I imagined my husband taking Zumba with me. I am sure he would have reacted the same way as you!!
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    OK, I know this is kind of serious. Anytime your wife goes all "Flaming skull face" on you - it's time to be worried, but I had to chortle!

Yes you will get hate mail for this, but I loved it. I have been asked to go to Zumba, but have skillfully avoided having to go.

Now I have a better excuse than the ones I have been using - - - "Honey, you KNOW I will just embarass you!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    omg, thank you for the update, I snorted so loudly you would not believe. I'm not even sure my boss believed, lol. Zumba for me was exactly how you described it. I laughed my a** off the entire time, because I felt like I looked REALLY stupid and could not believe I was doing it... It was for a charity, but I'll never do it again. Also, 12-15 pairs tried ON?!? Yea, no. I have MAYBE 3 pairs of pants to workout in and I rotate them. I doubt I tried a PAIR on, let alone 12-15.

Good luck getting out of the dog house. In my opinion, you don't deserve to be there....
  • EvEboEvie
    EvEboEvie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I really think some of the people commenting on this post desperately need to relax... that said, JR, I think if you can maintain a sense of humor in a relatively difficult time in life you're going to be just fine.

All the best to you and your wife. Keep writing!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    True Story:

I teach Zumba. DH was wondering if he should go to the gym. I told him, we can do my class here in the living room if you want. And he said, OK, I will try.

I put the music on, we do 2-8 counts and then we have to shake our *kitten*. Right then, my husband said, "Nope, not going to do it. I am heading to the gym, I just lost all of my manhood with that move right there!" haha! He has not attempted any of it since. I could not get him drunk enough to ever do my Zumba class!! He knows it is a kick butt class and admits it. But, he said that he does not dance like that.

Tell your wife to get over it. She is giving us a bad reputation!!! Come on women, LET OUR MEN BE MEN!! THEY LIKE TO PICK THINGS UP AND PUT THEM DOWN!!!!
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Ok - that's hysterical.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Nooooooo. I can't believe you went and did it. I disagree that this is the end of it - she's going to ask you to try it again and take it seriously! You've messed up the principal of "I pick things up and put them down." It's essentially like you tried to compromise without following through. I think she'll resent you more for that than if you had told her no way. It's sort of like you either compromise and actually do it, or you tell her you just can't but will compromise on something else.

I disagree with the - you should try it advice. I said for you to tell her that you need your time to lift weights, uninterrupted, and tell her that he cute butt (in the now neon yellow pants) would be distracting and you'd drop a weight and that would suck. Let her be bad, then cool off and invite her to the gym on a day you aren't planning on lifting, and cardio on next to her. There was never any try the zumba in there!

I don't think there's anything wrong with your wife/marriage. She just wants to hang out with you. You just gotta let her know that the weights is your thing and it's unreasonable to make you go dance and not be allowed to laugh about it, and that you promise to find a different thing at the gym you can share on non-lifting days.

Keep updating though - these are fun to read.
  • wannabehotmomma
    wannabehotmomma Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update!! So funny!! Love your stories. Keep us posted on the rest of the story!!
  • tinam76
    tinam76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My marrage has its bumps, as for talking to her, trust me Ive tried that route! I do things outside of the gym with her daily. Its just something about her wanting to go to the gym to me. It was never an issue this oast year til this last week. Doesnt make any sense :-) for those flaming bring it on, no pme pnline can compare to the wrath Ive gotten in real life. Lighten up a bit, life is too short how it is. I was just sharing a bit of drama that has been happening ;-) if you cant laugh at your situation you havent caused enough chaos! Honestly the gym has been the only thing weve fought about in awhile, im a pacifist! This will surely past, she'll come around and tell me whats up when she is ready. Ive reached out at this point just got to make the best of it!
    my dear friend saw the new post this AM and couldn't wait to read as i told you it helped me with the what not to do when you go to the gym with your husband. if you remember i told you we went together and i kept my mouth shut and when we got home his complaint was he felt like he was there alone. so on with my extra stuff , last night he feel asleep but he told me if he did wake him up so we could go to the gym i called out to him twice he got up we went. we went and did weights and then i wanted to try the arc trainer so he came along and peddled on the spinning bike close by . this was my first time on this piece of equipment and i asked the guy next to me for help he was very talkative . i half way thought i'm gonna get in the car and hear some mess about flirting but i didn't. the only thing he was saying is how it's hard to work out with me because i'm not pushing him. i told him this is not the movie the program. he also said he was tired i told him i started not to wake him but i didn't want him upset that i went to the gym alone late at night. I guess what i'm trying to say i don't really agree that your marriage is in trouble because you were looking at women people are fools if they think people who have been married for 50 yrs never looked at anyone but the one they are with. as long as you aren't staring or getting numbers. my husband are trying to find our medium at the gym . he's not ever going to a dance class and that's a fact . i think it's important for people to except people's comfort zone. you went you tried there are so many men including my own that would be like yeah but no. somethings some people should not do together and this may be one of them and maybe you guys need to have that talk. i told my husband maybe he should see if any of the guys at work have a membership to the same gym so they can growl at each other like macho man randy savage and high five and whatever other lame things guys do to pump each other up. we have to learn to relax and laugh at ourselves sometimes the gym really should be a stress reliever not a cause
  • Alice_Liddell
    Options
    I honestly love these posts, you have a real talent for storytelling. And I know a lot of the stuff is exaggerated for humorous effect.

I don't think you should have to go to Zumba, and I don't think she should be mad at you for trying, even if you couldn't help it. At least you left the room instead of standing there laughing hysterically and making fun of the women (right?!). And if my husband came to the gym and expected to talk to me the entire time and follow me around as a puppy, I'd probably hit him in the head with a kettle bell.

Your marriage may have its issues, and this might be a manifestation of those. But I don't think you're necessarily ignoring them just because you are telling us these stories. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, and obviously a man who respects his wife at all isn't going to share the actual personal parts of his marriage with the internet.

That said, if you DO have any issues you want to hash out, feel free to message me. :smile:
  • almostfortysix
    Options
    Oh my gosh! You tell an awesome story!!!!!!! My husband WOULD NOT EVER EVER go into a ZUMBA class. He would double over in front of everyone laughing and then I would have to kick him in the *kitten*. Also I don't take him shopping for workout clothes because I am very over-weight and as of right now he says things to me like WOW Thank God for elastic and Hey that elastic is beggin for mercy. I do not ask him how I look because he won't lie. Ever. I also know if I'm heading to the car and he looks at me and says "Really" as he looks me up and down, that I just keep going to the car and say "YEAH REALLY Jack *kitten*"
    We've been married 19 years and it works for us.
  • almostfortysix
    Options
    Also on another note.. I don't want to go to the gym with my husband. I'd rather he go on his own time and then go play a game of basketball with the guys. I'll see him at home after he's showered. We do so many other things together, We have 4 kids, we homeschool, we bike and walk and don't forget the most important one.....we sleep together. We're married not conjoined twins. And
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I don't want people to think 100% innocent. Chances are I've done something I just don't realize it yet.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    wow. I guess you meant this to be comedic, and I guess it probably would be to a lot of people. However, I suspect your wife would be hurt, rather than compelled to laugh.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I laughed.

I feel only slightly bad because she wants to spend time with you but- she is pushing you to do something you dont feel comfortable doing, dont want to do and sacrificing something you love to do alone just to participate. That just doesnt seem fair.

She should go love Zumba and let you go love weights, and she yall can talk fitness later. She can dance and wiggle around the bedroom and you can lift her up over your head and toss her on the bed. Win/win

But pushing and pushing someone to want to spend time with you is just not cool. Hope you find somewhere to lift in peace!!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I don't want people to think 100% innocent. Chances are I've done something I just don't realize it yet.

Innocent until proven guilty. Or at least until you know what the charges are against you.
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    Your story is very amusing and I would respect somebody for trying to keep their partner happy. But I would respect them more if they could stand up for themselves regardless of the tears, tantrums and manipulation.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

Innocent until proven guilty. Or at least until you know what the charges are against you.

I usually play dumb. Yet, as a self aware person I do realize I probably messed up.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    freaking hilarious!

so my first question would be how long have you been married? and if it is longer then 10 years, has your wife been paying attention to your personality? :laugh: :laugh:

But I give you husband points for trying the class.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    You absolutely made my day and my fiance's. He tried 30 day shred last night for the first time (i've been doing MFP for over a year now) - it was hilarious and after watching it I would NEVER ask him to do Zumba or any other organized exercise in front of people. Especially since he was wearing neoprene shorts ... he isn't fat but the beer belly over the small hips with no shirt was the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

I sincerely hope you take your wife with a grain of salt ... these things will work themselves out but until they do I hope you continue posting your adventures ....

And good for you ignoring the haters who post idiotic and ignorant crap.

FYI ... maybe buy her a pole dancing or strip tease exercise DVD ... might liven things up - or possibly get you a kick in the crotch LOL