Body by Vi

Options
Athena413
Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
NOT posting this to start an argument, just wanted to share an article I read today regarding Body by Vi. You hear all the good things about it, but rarely do you hear the truth - it really is just another fad diet, no matter HOW you market it...

http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weight-loss/body-by-vi-is-it-all-hype/

Replies

• DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Someone friended me then immediately tried to sell me this. Immediately deleted her. Grrr. For me its very obvious its another fad! X
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    To be honest I am getting sick of people on my facebook and leaving me messages wanting me to join this.. When I post things that I can't afford anything after all pay checks they ask me if I want to join.. God some respect.. (sorry venting) but it is getting very old from people wanting me to join this..
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    A good read and pretty much what I had figured this to be. Another FAD Diet! :huh:
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I do wish people wouldn't refer to blogs as articles =/
  • SierraElegance
    SierraElegance Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this-- I've always thought the same things. Anyone would lose weight on this shake because of the low calories, there's nothing magical or even nutritious about it!
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I think his analysis is probably pretty spot on.
  • hpdoxi
    hpdoxi Posts: 32
    Options
    Nice article. I don't have the patience to do this kind of research myself....nor the dedication. I don't care what product that guy is talking about I love the information he give and how much work he did. I wish he would review all these shakes, etc so I could read all of his reviews. I will by saying....."If it's too good to be true, then it's too good to be true!"
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    OMG one of the guys was a former Monavie peddler, no surprise there.
  • zumbagirlwf
    zumbagirlwf Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am a body by vi promoter and Two of my customers have lost 7-8 lbs in the last week. They can be as little to as much calories as you like, depending on what you put in them. Most of the ones I drink have about 350 calories in them.
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Body by Vi worked for me. It was so much better than the normal Slimfast & Atkins shakes i been drinking. Healthier for you than the slimfast, and the body by vi gave me energy. I think it is well woth the price i paid for it, i liked it so good i ordered 2 more 30 meal pkgs. It was more filling to me too than the slimfast & atkins shakes.
  • Athena413
    Options
    As I said before...not trying to start anything, just sharing because I think many people are very misled. I'll stick to my real food, real exercise, and real progress. :drinker:
  • Athena413
    Options
    Body by Vi worked for me. It was so much better than the normal Slimfast & Atkins shakes i been drinking. Healthier for you than the slimfast, and the body by vi gave me energy. I think it is well woth the price i paid for it, i liked it so good i ordered 2 more 30 meal pkgs. It was more filling to me too than the slimfast & atkins shakes.

1 pound worked for you? I'm hoping you're talking about the weight you lost before joining MFP...
  • Athena413
    Options
    I am a body by vi promoter and Two of my customers have lost 7-8 lbs in the last week. They can be as little to as much calories as you like, depending on what you put in them. Most of the ones I drink have about 350 calories in them.

It's still processed and not real food...regardless of what you add to it.
  • BrideToBe101212
    Options

Losing 7 pounds in a week isn't healthy!
  • Athena413
    Options
    NOT posting this to start an argument, just wanted to share a BLOG I read today regarding Body by Vi. You hear all the good things about it, but rarely do you hear the truth - it really is just another fad diet, no matter HOW you market it...

http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weight-loss/body-by-vi-is-it-all-hype/

That better??
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options

I really want to see how to determined it's healthier? I'm assuming your friendly neighborhood multi-level marketer told you :( I've spoken to 2 dietitians about it so far and they agree , it's junk...it's a low call milkshake that of course will make you lose weight because there are barely any calories to sustain your body!

You aren't changing your core body composition! It's not the weight that's important, it's what you're made of!
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    NOT posting this to start an argument, just wanted to share a BLOG I read today regarding Body by Vi. You hear all the good things about it, but rarely do you hear the truth - it really is just another fad diet, no matter HOW you market it...

That better??

Much butter, thanks =)
  • busymomto5PA
    Options
    I'll stick to good old fashion portion control and getting off my butt and moving! It works so I am sticking to it! :wink: :smile:
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options

I wouldn't be able to do it, I wouldn't be able to look at my friends and family in the face and say here, eat this for breakfast and lunch to lose weight. Especially when there is so much evidence coming out that the nutrition facts are dubious and that it may indeed slow down vitamin/mineral absorption and the soy protein may in fact be harmful in the quantities you are taking.