Body by Vi

Options

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    My beef with it is not that it makes people feel good - my issue with it is that it is marketed as a healthy product and IT'S NOT! They're deceptive and it's going to come back and bite them in the *kitten*.

Go ahead and drink your synthetic feel good shakes...but in 20 years when all you Body by Vi enthusiasts have some weird disease from all the crap you drank, I'm not going to feel sorry for you...and when you quit taking the shakes and you gain all the weight back, I'm not going to feel sorry for you...and when the IRS comes to get theirs and you're stuck with some BMW you can't afford, I'm not going to feel sorry for you...and when there's a class action lawsuit against the founders, I'm just gonna sit back and laugh for a bit, then go for a run and come home to some fresh grilled veggies and know that I spent less, I'm not dying from the inside out, and I still look and feel great.

There is no quick fix or easy way out. The end.
  • Jill1013
    Jill1013 Posts: 2
    Options
    My beef with it is not that it makes people feel good - my issue with it is that it is marketed as a healthy product and IT'S NOT! They're deceptive and it's going to come back and bite them in the *kitten*.

Go ahead and drink your synthetic feel good shakes...but in 20 years when all you Body by Vi enthusiasts have some weird disease from all the crap you drank, I'm not going to feel sorry for you...and when you quit taking the shakes and you gain all the weight back, I'm not going to feel sorry for you...and when the IRS comes to get theirs and you're stuck with some BMW you can't afford, I'm not going to feel sorry for you...and when there's a class action lawsuit against the founders, I'm just gonna sit back and laugh for a bit, then go for a run and come home to some fresh grilled veggies and know that I spent less, I'm not dying from the inside out, and I still look and feel great.

i never said there was an easy way.. and this isnt easy.. i am going to the gym everyday.. and i am working my *kitten* off to lose the weight... i dont sit and go ohhh lose the weight and stay on my *kitten* on the couch... it helps me to keep my carbs down...and makes the sweet cravings i have go away. I have taken them to a highly respected nutrionalist who has said what is in them is most the same things you find in any freaking protien drink out there. I have gone to my dr bag in hand and said ok so this is what i want to do.. and he has looked into it and said give it a try.. and when i went back in to see him with the amazing results i am having he was shocked and thrilled for me.
    As for the ignorant comment regarding the IRS... first of all... anyone can not file taxes or file them .. that is a personal thing... not a shake thing... anyone who sells it has the personal choice to be honest or not. BUT if you READ what i wrote you would see... I DO NOT SELL THE STUFF.. I HAVE NO DESIRE TO SELL IT..I DO IT FOR ME... i think the " NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS" body builders take are another way of saying steriods... but whatever that is my opion and thank god in this world i am allowed to have one.. just as you are.. but i dont force the things i think down your throat as fact. I accept that every person in this world has the joy and right to do as they please and acheive success in the way they want.
    To say that I am not going be successful.. or acheive my goals and stay there... that is rude.. that is negitive and nasty. you have no idea who i am what i am about or what has happened in my life to make me want to acheive them. I am sorry that you feel the best way to have this discussion is by saying it wont work and i am doomed to fail... but see i look at it the other way.. each day i have a calorie controled way to have a breakfast and lunch i enjoy.... and I am better off for it..
    I think the shake is a better option then the egg mcmuffin or donut or whatever else easy convient thing i was having.

all i am asking is that you show some respect and hope for those of us that disagree with you and say hey it is working.. it is 1000 times better than what i was doing before.. and i wish the success and joy that weight loss and healthier life style will b ring you.. ( oh and fyi... i have snacks and dinner that are all "real" food and am learning as i go what foods are best and what foods will work to replace thelunch shakes when it is my time.... ) but if you dont want to just for a moment stop your hate tyrid that is your right too.. but just remember you cant see the furture and wont know that what i am doing today is bad or good.. you are going truly on your beliefs.. congrats on your 68 lb weight loss.. it is a acheivement in itself.. i am glad you have found what works for you.. what is best for you and how you can make it work.. my 48 lb weight loss.. my running my first marathon and my future and my shakes will be sure to think of you fondly as we both live our new healthy life style cheers
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I think the main issue that I'd see Jill is that you're not learning healthy eating habits by consuming the shake. It would have to be maintained as a permanent part of your lifestyle to retain the results.
  • projectconsistency
    Options
    Body by Vi is a real thing? Some lady left a Body by Vi card with her number on it on my car, and I harassed her for weeks Cat-Facts style:

cat-facts.jpg
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Body by Vi is a real thing? Some lady left a Body by Vi card with her number on it on my car, and I harassed her for weeks Cat-Facts style:

that's actually legally harassment, that's a no no
  • Jules_1111
    Options

cat-facts.jpg

It's been 5 minutes and I'm STILL laughing. Freaking awesome. :drinker:
  • aelaura71
    Options
    I was so desperate to lose weight that I was willing to give it a try. I have friends that have lost weight with the Body by Vi program so I figured it would have to work for me too! WRONG!!! First off, they have sucralose in their product which causes headaches for me. I have been drinking these shakes for two months and I haven't lost anything but my motivation. Oh, and I lost money - $120 a month for three months!!! These friends that have lost weight also said they didn't work out. I have been riding my bike at least 10 miles a day, weights and pushups/crunches and I lost 10lbs. That's it, 10 whole pounds!!!! According to the comments on the Body by Vi website I should be a super-model now!! lol Needless to say, I won't be recommending the product to anyone! That's my two-cents worth!
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    As I said before...not trying to start anything, just sharing because I think many people are very misled. I'll stick to my real food, real exercise, and real progress. :drinker:

agreed
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I started drinking the shakes two years ago. My friend was a customer who became a promoter. He told me about the shakes. Sure...I'll try them...why not.....great nutrition. I lost the ten pounds I wanted to lose within two weeks. Have kept it off and continue to drink a shake everyday for breakfast. Haven't been sick since drinking the shakes. Have never felt better!! It"s not a diet. It's not a fad. they are delicious, yes visalus is a mlm but ok..so,what? There are plenty
    of meal replacement shakes you can buy. I have tried quite a few. I've decided to stick with the one that in my opinion tastes the best...is full of great nutrition...and happens to be very affordable.

You seriously need to present some sources for your claim that this product is "healthy" and what is wrong with a Multi-Level Marketing Scheme , just that's it a Pyramid scheme ( which are illegal ) , they changed the name and cloaked it so it wouldn't get shut down.

What else is wrong with a MLM , it's sellers don't really care about the effects of what the product does, why would they, all they want to do is sell a product and reach that elusive BMW that this MLM uses as a big push for it's sellers.
  • Athena413
    Options
    I think the main issue that I'd see Jill is that you're not learning healthy eating habits by consuming the shake. It would have to be maintained as a permanent part of your lifestyle to retain the results.

Truth!

And Jill, did you even read the blog? And are you really going to trust a doctor or a nutritionist who's just quoting what the FDA says? The FDA is full of $h!+ and there are doctors out there who support HCG and phentermine and crap like that, too...why wouldn't a "credible" doctor support Body by Vi? Fad diets KEEP people coming back to the doctors...it's money in their pockets! Facts are facts and when 21 of 24 ingredients are synthetic, you might as well just drink some paint thinner and hope it gives you the craps...and no one was attacking YOU personally, so unbunch your panties and quit being so sensitive.
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

i never said there was an easy way.. and this isnt easy.. i am going to the gym everyday.. and i am working my *kitten* off to lose the weight... i dont sit and go ohhh lose the weight and stay on my *kitten* on the couch... it helps me to keep my carbs down...and makes the sweet cravings i have go away. I have taken them to a highly respected nutrionalist who has said what is in them is most the same things you find in any freaking protien drink out there. I have gone to my dr bag in hand and said ok so this is what i want to do.. and he has looked into it and said give it a try.. and when i went back in to see him with the amazing results i am having he was shocked and thrilled for me.
    As for the ignorant comment regarding the IRS... first of all... anyone can not file taxes or file them .. that is a personal thing... not a shake thing... anyone who sells it has the personal choice to be honest or not. BUT if you READ what i wrote you would see... I DO NOT SELL THE STUFF.. I HAVE NO DESIRE TO SELL IT..I DO IT FOR ME... i think the " NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS" body builders take are another way of saying steriods... but whatever that is my opion and thank god in this world i am allowed to have one.. just as you are.. but i dont force the things i think down your throat as fact. I accept that every person in this world has the joy and right to do as they please and acheive success in the way they want.
    To say that I am not going be successful.. or acheive my goals and stay there... that is rude.. that is negitive and nasty. you have no idea who i am what i am about or what has happened in my life to make me want to acheive them. I am sorry that you feel the best way to have this discussion is by saying it wont work and i am doomed to fail... but see i look at it the other way.. each day i have a calorie controled way to have a breakfast and lunch i enjoy.... and I am better off for it..
    I think the shake is a better option then the egg mcmuffin or donut or whatever else easy convient thing i was having.

all i am asking is that you show some respect and hope for those of us that disagree with you and say hey it is working.. it is 1000 times better than what i was doing before.. and i wish the success and joy that weight loss and healthier life style will b ring you.. ( oh and fyi... i have snacks and dinner that are all "real" food and am learning as i go what foods are best and what foods will work to replace thelunch shakes when it is my time.... ) but if you dont want to just for a moment stop your hate tyrid that is your right too.. but just remember you cant see the furture and wont know that what i am doing today is bad or good.. you are going truly on your beliefs.. congrats on your 68 lb weight loss.. it is a acheivement in itself.. i am glad you have found what works for you.. what is best for you and how you can make it work.. my 48 lb weight loss.. my running my first marathon and my future and my shakes will be sure to think of you fondly as we both live our new healthy life style cheers

You say you don't sell it, yet in the previous post you wrote:

I do get the product for free but that is only because i have had friend who have seen the pounds droping and energy rising and said i need to try this stuff.. and it is the same for them.. they buy as my customer..

So just cuz you don't do the pushy sell doesn't mean you don't sell.
  • Athena413
    Options
    I'm gonna sit back and wait and see how long it takes for people to get all pissy and offended and get my thread locked... :drinker:
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Was there an ad in the classifieds, that this thread was here? I just wonder how news gets out and makes people make an account, just to post how much they love BBV. That is just odd to me.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options

cat-facts.jpg

This might have been wrong but, damn it's funny!
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    YES, YES it is funny! lol
  • DebbieLOL
    DebbieLOL Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've had good success with the program, (19 pounds in 5 weeks) and have never been hungry. I've found the diet very easy to live with. I feel great and have loads of energy so I know the nutritional value is there.

My shakes average about 250 calories (1 cup skim milk & 1 cup of frozen berries). The nutri cookies are great on the run- very filling.

Visalis may not be for everyone, to each their own I say. It's certainly a lot healthier than juicing or other extreme diet fads.
  • lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Debbie...glad you're enjoying ViSalus....me too!!! :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

cat-facts.jpg

It's been 5 minutes and I'm STILL laughing. Freaking awesome. :drinker:
    Lol fantastic

I've seen a few people change topics of threads by inserting their marketing in it. Some of which are in this thread. Highly anoying. I've also received several friend requests of people trying to sell it to me after I said no. Highly anoying. If i wanted to be part of a marketing scheme I'd buy mary kay. At least I'd be all dolled up then. I've managed to get this far without a magic shake or feeling hungry...and I have energy. Omg maybe I should market this! Eat enough good foods and exercise ;)
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I've had good success with the program, (19 pounds in 5 weeks) and have never been hungry. I've found the diet very easy to live with. I feel great and have loads of energy so I know the nutritional value is there.

My shakes average about 250 calories (1 cup skim milk & 1 cup of frozen berries). The nutri cookies are great on the run- very filling.

Visalis may not be for everyone, to each their own I say. It's certainly a lot healthier than juicing or other extreme diet fads.

This is exactly the issue , Visalus IS a fad diet. You all drank the kool-aid that the rep fed you and now going out in the world trumpeting how healthy the stuff is, but it's not.
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    For the people that said it's working for them, it's so easy, it's so cheap, etc. I just have a couple questions.

1. Are you planning on drinking this stuff for life?
    2. If not, do you now have the tools to eat healthy and appropriately to maintain (or continue to lose) your weight?
    3. I don't understand the more energy, life is in color when before it was in black and white claims of this shake. Please explain....did I miss the LSD ingredient?