Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

One year ago (5'3, 28 pounds lost)

124»

Replies

• CMXL
    CMXL Posts: 54 Member
    Modest? You gotta be kidding. 28-35 pounds is all I want to lose but I am learning it is not easy:) Congratulations on your achievement!

If I may ask, did you lose consistently or did you have ups and downs? That is what I am struggling with right now.
  • jpbrk
    jpbrk Posts: 8 Member
    Modest? You gotta be kidding. 28-35 pounds is all I want to lose but I am learning it is not easy:) Congratulations on your achievement!

If I may ask, did you lose consistently or did you have ups and downs? That is what I am struggling with right now.

Essentially this entire year has been ups and downs. I've fluctuated from 122-115 since December. For the most part though, the bulk of it was pretty steady.
  • jpbrk
    jpbrk Posts: 8 Member
    how many cals a day do you eat? i am 5ft 2 and have a goal of 122 ish and can't seem to get past 130.

When I was really losing weight I tried to do about 1200. I didn't worry too much about going over, though I didn't too often (mostly on weekends I would overindulge and I was ok with that). I really was just extremely busy and consumed with schoolwork last fall/winter, so it became easy to ignore cravings because I just didn't have access to sweets/whatever from the library. It was just as easy to order something healthy from the cafeteria on campus as it was to order junk. I noticed too that I was able to think more clearly and had more energy when I wasn't eating fast food burgers, for example, so eating better kind of became a necessity.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Very beautiful. You look great although you looked great before. 28 lbs makes a huge difference on you. Congratulations.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!