How to flirt

Options
chatnel
chatnel Posts: 688 Member
Dearest MF Pals, Particulary the Americans. Teach me about flirting, I am crap at it. I am also British which makes me quite reserved, I usually get a few drinks down me and launch myself on the unsuspecting guy.

Great pick up lines that have worked for you etc?

cheers

Replies

• Adelphia
    Adelphia Posts: 176
    Options
    1334354737623_5631769.png
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Hey - does this cloth smell like chloroform to you?
  • jamlastsforages
    Options
    Hey - does this cloth smell like chloroform to you?

I heard this first from Jimmy Carr but it still made me laugh so hard! XD
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    ... I am also British...

Just start talking.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    "Hey handsome, fancy a shag tonight?"
  • theoriginaljayne
    Options
    2hlk.jpg
  • theoriginaljayne
    Options
    16100692.jpg
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm British and I'm a flirt. Just talk, be confident. Or just go to Newcastle, guaranteed a shag haha
  • theoriginaljayne
    Options
    pickuppandaoc4.jpg

skq.jpg

tumblr_lrwby6eCWC1r1vzzeo1_500.png

Okay, I'm done.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    ... I am also British...

Just start talking.

This.

and you'll have the added bonus of sounding intelligent, no matter what you say.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    You're a woman. Throwing yourself at them will probably get you laid 9/10 times.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Would you sleep with a stranger?

No

Oh, Hi my name is (insert name)
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Not sure that british is an excuse for you being shy! I am british and far from reserved.
    I was the one that put the moves on my bf as he was too shy! lol
    been together 6yrs now :smile:
  • amycool
    amycool Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love all of those panda things, I'm gonna say the shin one for definite.

What that person said about Newcastle is offensive but also true :-) (lots of male sluts here, and lots of drink girls)

I would suggest flirting with people that you don't actually fancy, just to see how it flows, then when you start getting good at it, unleash.

Also flirting is more about your body language than your chat up lines, practice makes perfect.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I know this might be unhelpful, but don't try to force it too much. It'll just sound fake.
    What I think works regardless is giving a genuine compliment. Not something cheesy or forced like "You have beautiful eyes", but something that you actually mean, something that you actually notice. Also, if you're awkward, call yourself out on it ad laugh about it.
    For instance, if a guy has nice eyelashes, but you think it might sound creeperish, you could say something like "Hey, this is going to be super-awkward, but I think you have great eyelashes." then throw a great smile, and continue with "Is that creepy, or what? Hahaaha... my name is So-And-So, by the way."

Also, I think it's good to know what your best asset is and use it accordingly. For instance, I think I have a welcoming, kind smile, so I pull it out in any awkward social situation and follow up with a "Man, I'm so awkward.. Teach me how to be cool!" and a little laugh.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Dearest MF Pals, Particulary the Americans. Teach me about flirting, I am crap at it. I am also British which makes me quite reserved, I usually get a few drinks down me and launch myself on the unsuspecting guy.

Great pick up lines that have worked for you etc?

cheers

We Americans sort of appreciate your 'Load and Launch' method of flirting.

At least I do lol.
  • xASHYxSMASHYx
    xASHYxSMASHYx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I know this might be unhelpful, but don't try to force it too much. It'll just sound fake.
    What I think works regardless is giving a genuine compliment. Not something cheesy or forced like "You have beautiful eyes", but something that you actually mean, something that you actually notice. Also, if you're awkward, call yourself out on it ad laugh about it.
    For instance, if a guy has nice eyelashes, but you think it might sound creeperish, you could say something like "Hey, this is going to be super-awkward, but I think you have great eyelashes." then throw a great smile, and continue with "Is that creepy, or what? Hahaaha... my name is So-And-So, by the way."

Also, I think it's good to know what your best asset is and use it accordingly. For instance, I think I have a welcoming, kind smile, so I pull it out in any awkward social situation and follow up with a "Man, I'm so awkward.. Teach me how to be cool!" and a little laugh.

^^This^^ I think guys appreciate it when a girl isn't trying too hard and can laugh at herself when she does something embarrassing.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    how you doin´? ;)
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    having boobs makes flirting 100000000x easier.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    having boobs makes flirting 100000000x easier.

Hey I'm a bit lacking in the boobs department and I have no trouble flirting!

It's all in the eye contact, and then the smile, and then the awesome convo and then leave them wanting more (aka Look, Arouse, Interest, Disturb) :P